Looking for 16S in Australia

monocle

Hello all!

I'm living in Melbourne, Australia and looking for a reputable place from which to buy a 16S. The recommendations I've found so far seem to be outdated, and I'm wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction.

11 hours ago, monocle said:

Hello all!

I'm living in Melbourne, Australia and looking for a reputable place from which to buy a 16S. The recommendations I've found so far seem to be outdated, and I'm wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction.

I don't know Australia dealers, but look at www.roll.nz 

It is a New Zealand kingsong dealer. 

He is active here as @The Fat Unicyclist

Hi @monocle - unfortunately it is too difficult for me to ship wheels to Australia...

But if you want local, try https://www.alphabetawheels.com.au/, they are Melbourne based even!

I went to Alphabetwheels web site and found this under EUC's

"Alpha Beta facilitates the selling process to Australian end users by expediting the delivery time, and ensuring that the quality of the wheels distributed is compliant with the Australian regulations."

Sound like they keep no stock, only act as a shipping agent.  Not too promising.  About as bad as Dale Walkers web site not working.

Anyone in OZ want to start a real EUC dealership?  There's room for one apparently.

16 hours ago, Smoother said:

Dale is kinda missing in action and is without a doubt the most talented EUC rider in OZ got some mad skills

But that being said would also look up this group in Sydney and join the group maybe

https://www.facebook.com/groups/443510199166998/?ref=group_header

eWheel Sydney on FB they have some mixed emotions about OZeWheel as a source to buy EUCs in Australia 

This is an extract from their FB page

Please for your own safety, do not consider purchasing a wheel from Oz E Wheel! I say this from personal experience with Dale Walker's own so-called company! Please listen up :
Oz E wheel is NOT a proper established company/business
Oz E Wheel does not have Australian business registration (ABN) - look it up now! You won't find it in the business /company registry
The "proprietor" of "Oz E Wheel" (Dale Walker) cannot be trusted - I say this in the upmost seriousness. I also say this from experience, as a previous business associate.
I can't go into details, but Dale is personally still in $ks in debt to me after bad orders that I have personally. reluctantly and very kindly bailed him out for! 
Dale/Oz e Wheels has a habit of taking peoples orders, and becoming unreachable, leaving the customer out of pocket, and without the wheel that they have ordered
Please please don't let this happen to you
Everyone, please please be aware of this dangerous business, and please don't let your friends get burned by Dale
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Word of very serious advice - for all of your own good:
Do one thing before thinking of buying from a 3rd party dealer :
- check the company /business registration (based on the company's own base country). In Australia, it's called an ABN
If you can't find the business name on the business register, do NOT trust that dealer! Simple as that

Further news to add to this now...
There is one customer at this moment who had ordered a ks wheel from "Ozewheel" Dale just before Christmas, handed over the payment, and since then :
- no updates up to now as to the progress of this wheel
- Dale has been awol and unreachable since order time of Xmas time
- Kingsong themselves have no records of the order
Now does this sound like a reputable business to you? Hell no! Stay away everyone, this clown cannot be trusted with yours, or anyone's money (I speak from experience)

On 2/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, Gaz Bon said:

Dale is kinda missing in action and is without a doubt the most talented EUC rider in OZ got some mad skills

But that being said would also look up this group in Sydney and join the group maybe

https://www.facebook.com/groups/443510199166998/?ref=group_header

eWheel Sydney on FB they have some mixed emotions about OZeWheel as a source to buy EUCs in Australia 

This is an extract from their FB page

Please for your own safety, do not consider purchasing a wheel from Oz E Wheel! I say this from personal experience with Dale Walker's own so-called company! Please listen up :
Oz E wheel is NOT a proper established company/business
Oz E Wheel does not have Australian business registration (ABN) - look it up now! You won't find it in the business /company registry
The "proprietor" of "Oz E Wheel" (Dale Walker) cannot be trusted - I say this in the upmost seriousness. I also say this from experience, as a previous business associate.
I can't go into details, but Dale is personally still in $ks in debt to me after bad orders that I have personally. reluctantly and very kindly bailed him out for! 
Dale/Oz e Wheels has a habit of taking peoples orders, and becoming unreachable, leaving the customer out of pocket, and without the wheel that they have ordered
Please please don't let this happen to you
Everyone, please please be aware of this dangerous business, and please don't let your friends get burned by Dale
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Word of very serious advice - for all of your own good:
Do one thing before thinking of buying from a 3rd party dealer :
- check the company /business registration (based on the company's own base country). In Australia, it's called an ABN
If you can't find the business name on the business register, do NOT trust that dealer! Simple as that

Further news to add to this now...
There is one customer at this moment who had ordered a ks wheel from "Ozewheel" Dale just before Christmas, handed over the payment, and since then :
- no updates up to now as to the progress of this wheel
- Dale has been awol and unreachable since order time of Xmas time
- Kingsong themselves have no records of the order
Now does this sound like a reputable business to you? Hell no! Stay away everyone, this clown cannot be trusted with yours, or anyone's money (I speak from experience)

Thats because matt dilley has been trying to ruin my reputation in order to help his friend that owns alpha beta

Hes sly dog

I had a financial problem that caused a DELAY and matt is doing his best to make me out to look like a criminal to benefit his friend

I stil sell euc and i still do the best prices

Some models im selling for $800 usd LESS than kingsong europe

Thats why im a threat to alpha and thats why matt dilley is trying his best to ruin my reputation. The piece of shit is a sly dog!

For those of you that would like a great deal on an euc and want to support the guy that opened the way for euc in Australia by meeting with the ACCC and stopping them from banning euc in Australia all together you can find me on facebook at OZeWHEEL

Thank you 

Dale Walker

There is always two sides to every story... And some sides with more colourful language than others.

Before this thread goes nuclear, perhaps we should remember that this forum is a place of harmony and zen-like appreciation for the single-wheeled self-balancing deity that we all serve.

:D

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

There is always two sides to every story... And some sides with more colourful language than others.

Before this thread goes nuclear, perhaps we should remember that this forum is a place of harmony and zen-like appreciation for the single-wheeled self-balancing deity that we all serve.

:D

:cheers:

On 2/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hi @monocle - unfortunately it is too difficult for me to ship wheels to Australia...

That’s interesting! I thought you could throw a rock from New Zealand’s coast and hit Australia. So I gather that your complimentary  personalized delivery service is out of the question? ;)

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s interesting! I thought you could throw a rock from New Zealand’s coast and hit Australia. So I gather that your complimentary  personalized delivery service is out of the question? ;)

If I tecall right Australia is bit bigger than a medium size island...just short of Greenland in size and almost same logistic infrastructure.

I could be wrong but...it is on the sunny side of earth, and I live on the cold dark age side where we still have to invent all season EUC friendly pathways.

We have occasional shipped Wheels to Australia, but it really would be better to refer sales to a local Dealer. Besides the very expensive shipping, the Customer has to complete a special import license application, a formality, but a necessary one...

Completing the application would be the same for one Wheel as it would be for a full container load of them. 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Vehicle Imports <Imports.Vehicle@infrastructure.gov.au>
Date: Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: Application for importing an electric-wheel 

Thank you for your email.

Yesyou require import approval to import all self-balancing vehicles (one wheel, electric unicycle etc.)

They require import approval for the goods to be released from Customs once they arrive.

Australian Customs/Border Protection will not release your vehicles without an import approvalThe advice Australian Customs require is your vehicle being granted approval under the non-road vehicle import option.

Generally, these devices may be eligible under the NON-ROAD Vehicle Import option.

Please see the following link to our website and non-road vehicle import option. Please read all the information on this page, and then scroll down to how to apply and follow those instructions. https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/import_options/orneao.aspx

Please note import approval is required for each vehicle every time.

Once you’re ready to put in an application you may register on the Client Portal by submitting your details in the Vehicle Import System (VIS Online).

If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Service Centre either by phone 1800 815 272 or email vimports@infrastructure.gov.au. We are available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.

I hope that answers your enquiry and we wish you all the best in your application.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:30 AM, monocle said:

Hello all!

HeyHo, please contact me by PM...i can give you the -actually- dealers in Australia!

Edit: Saw you found your dealer allready, very good! Good choice in wheel and dealer;-)

And just as a sidenote and without details: Dale Walker is NOT a KingSong dealer anymore!!!

The Kingsong facilities  are in their holy Chinese Holiday...thats probably the reason why nobody answered until now.

As said...hit me up by PM...i can give you all information needed.

• 1 month later...

Archived