So its my birthday tomorrow and guess what 😊

stephen

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

Funnily enough, your '1st day EUC' vid (on a KS16 I think) was one of the first I saw when I came across this forum, looking for newbie help vids. It's amazing how you have gone from that 1st day to seeing you ride the Z10 with total control and confidence. Gives me hope!

It was a ks16s , my first wheel, (10 months ago) , i was the same watched every video going and it does help and it does inspire you, if you get into a big open, flat, grass area it's good for learning (cricket pitch really flat), to start with just let the euc take you where ever it goes no need to worry about steering  ,, big open space,,, then try to correct it as you go along,i took my padding off the euc as you can see it on the floor in the vid , no need to worry about scratching it on grass , more confidence on grass , i wear full safety gear now as i think you get to confident but i should of done from the start tbh ,i was to eager to start leaning than to wait for safety gear, here's my second day vid , thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on the Z10 , definitely a beast of a machine takes bumps nice and is a super smooth ride ,i started at 30psi which felt nice but i did have a couple of occasions where the wheel wobbled following some cracks in the pavement so i let a bit of pressure out, still a nice ride but i think I'll have to play a bit but either way it's still nice, i did just over 20 miles with 27% left and I've raced it, i hit the beeps a few times ,, easily done tbh it's sturdy , it's definitely a different ride but in a nice way , it's harder work going around corners but it's getting more natural ,,my second day,, only thing that lets it down is the braking it's good on nice long flat roads but going down hill if i had to make a sudden brake in an emergency i wouldn't trust it to much , turning at slow speed is as smooth as butter it feels and looks so elegant turning in circles/figure of 8s  ,overall I'm glad i choose this as my second wheel such a fun wheel , here's a video I've done ,i found a little track 😊 bare in mind it's only my 2nd ride 😁

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Update on the Z10 , definitely a beast of a machine takes bumps nice and is a super smooth ride ,i started at 30psi which felt nice but i did have a couple of occasions where the wheel wobbled following some cracks in the pavement so i let a bit of pressure out, still a nice ride but i think I'll have to play a bit but either way it's still nice, i did just over 20 miles with 27% left and I've raced it, i hit the beeps a few times ,, easily done tbh it's sturdy , it's definitely a different ride but in a nice way , it's harder work going around corners but it's getting more natural ,,my second day,, only thing that lets it down is the braking it's good on nice long flat roads but going down hill if i had to make a sudden brake in an emergency i wouldn't trust it to much , turning at slow speed is as smooth as butter it feels and looks so elegant turning in circles/figure of 8s  ,overall I'm glad i choose this as my second wheel such a fun wheel , here's a video I've done ,i found a little track 😊 bare in mind it's only my 2nd ride 😁

Yes, please don't trust in hard braking while going downhill. You might end up on your arsh and who knows where the Z10 will end up :D

I hope you're getting the turning down. That pedal scrape in the first video gave me shivers ;) I never scrape the Z10 pedals. At slow speeds try using more of a hip/upper body twist to facilitate the turn - the pedals should dip very little. You should be able to do lazy 360's within a few foot circle.

P.s. Did you ever download the Z10 manual that I made for you?

You're an inspiration bud! I hadnt seen the Day 2 vid, wish I had a piece of grass like that near me! I hear you on protection, I have armour and pads from my mtb but didnt have any wrist guards. The Flexmeters seem to come highly regarded on this forum so I put a search into Ebay for used ones (£65 new is a bit rich) and 30 mins later a pair popped up! In 'as new condition', £30. They seem pretty bulky to me but I dont care, if anything I think they will help with confidence. I have made a promise to myself that I wont get on my wheel without them. I have had a few spills on Rollerblades in the past with cheaper guards and think I got lucky.

The tarmac race circuit you found is amazing. Again, nothing like that where I am though. I will keep looking!

28 minutes ago, Planemo said:

You're an inspiration bud! I hadnt seen the Day 2 vid, wish I had a piece of grass like that near me! I hear you on protection, I have armour and pads from my mtb but didnt have any wrist guards. The Flexmeters seem to come highly regarded on this forum so I put a search into Ebay for used ones (£65 new is a bit rich) and 30 mins later a pair popped up! In 'as new condition', £30. They seem pretty bulky to me but I dont care, if anything I think they will help with confidence. I have made a promise to myself that I wont get on my wheel without them. I have had a few spills on Rollerblades in the past with cheaper guards and think I got lucky.

The tarmac race circuit you found is amazing. Again, nothing like that where I am though. I will keep looking!

I love the Flexmeters. That's a great price that you got a pair for.

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That pedal scrape in the first video gave me shivers ;) I never scrape the Z10 pedals. At slow speeds try using more of a hip/upper body twist to facilitate the turn - the pedals should dip very little. You should be able to do lazy 360's within a few foot circle.

It was raised a bit on the tarmac 😁 I'm getting used to the turning now it is a lovely ride though its so comfy and i love comfy 😊

37 minutes ago, Planemo said:

The tarmac race circuit you found is amazing. Again, nothing like that where I am though. I will keep looking

I always thought there's nothing near me but when your wheeling you just come across stuff, it's a lovely hobby for venturing ,, bargain on them flex gaurds well done. Glad you enjoyed the vids😁

Well that was a weird feeling:rolleyes: just got on my msx and nearly fell over lol,i  can't believe the difference between the z10 which just always wants to stay upright to the msx what now feels top heavy 😐 i think it was easier transitioning to the z10 lol . Anyway back to it thought I'd just tell you my thought when i jumped on the msx 😀

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

Well that was a weird feeling:rolleyes: just got on my msx and nearly fell over lol,i  can't believe the difference between the z10 which just always wants to stay upright to the msx what now feels top heavy 😐 i think it was easier transitioning to the z10 lol . Anyway back to it thought I'd just tell you my thought when i jumped on the msx 😀

Ha! That wide tire on the Z10 does a bit of geometric Voodoo for you that the narrow, in comparison tire on the MXS does not. 

3 hours ago, Ju Reader said:

Ha ha ha same thing happened to me when I thought ide take the kingsong for a spin after a few weeks on the z10 felt like ide gone back to day one 

Lol yeah was wired , I've done 40 miles on the msx today so i got used to it again 😊

4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Ha! That wide tire on the Z10 does a bit of geometric Voodoo for you that the narrow, in comparison tire on the MXS does not. 

I do like the way it wants to stay upright

So my new charger comes today from ebay, in the mean time i put a dispute from AliExpress which he wanted me to cancel the dispute and he'd send another ,,it took several emails and time,,, i said i wasn't cancelling dispute untill i receive new one , anyway he eventually went with the dispute , don't ever cancel dispute untill resolved ,,, I'm happy with AliExpress for stepping in , here's the outcome,( i put £63 because that would of been cost of charger from ali ) this is AliExpress proposal so i accepted

Screenshot-20190218-092303.jpg

So my charger from eBay turned up  8 days delivery £45 and a free universal surge protector,, genuine charger to  😊. Here's link if anyone needs one, I'm on charge now  yay😊😊

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332758437337

IMG-20190218-123103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Better late than never i suppose:rolleyes:, new update , so when you get your dead z10 from China you can update it:w00t2: ask then to update it before it gets shipped and it should be ok

Can't remember seeing the braking adjustment that tilts it back 3 degree maybe i missed it in the other pic

Screenshot-20190301-154910-cn-ninebot-ni
Screenshot-20190301-154639-cn-ninebot-ni

I got my 3A/6A 58.8 fast charger , I'm lucky enough to have a spare Z10 lead lol 😀 so i put my Z10 lead and the msx leads on the charger doctor so i can take it with me which ever one i use ,i also have a 5amp fast charger for the msx , I'm finding myself coming home on an empty battery and grabbing which ever euc i left at home and back out again,,,,i can ride these things all day , the 6amp z10 charger I'll take with me when i want to stay out for a while. If i stop for lunch for 1 and half hours it should give me 50%extra charge 😊 , I'll update with the time it takes to full charge,  charge doctor mod doesn't look the best but i made sure everything was well insulated ,,,,triple lol,,,

I might make a separate socket on the charge doctor so i can just swap but i didn't have any so went with this option

IMG-20190301-182159.jpg
IMG-20190301-164418.jpg

Archived