So its my birthday tomorrow and guess what 😊

stephen

45 minutes ago, stephen said:

Thanks for the tips , I'll try it tomorrow hope its just something loose etc😉

I just realized that your birthday is actually tomorrow.  No wonder your having issues. You never should open your gift before the day of. ;) Sorry... just trying to put a smile on your face.:)  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm opening the charger tomorrow 😊

Can you share a video?  :popcorn: If you need my wife to hold onto the housing while you cut into it let me know. ;)

I've lost two Gotway and one Kingsong charger in nearly identical ways.

Insert into wheel, then wall. Pop!

Insert into wall THEN wheel. Pop!

Insert into wheel and timer, then turn on timer. Pop!

In every case there was a pop sound followed by a burnt smell, so these chargers die consistently. I'm guessing a surge protector?

46 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I've lost two Gotway and one Kingsong charger in nearly identical ways.

Insert into wheel, then wall. Pop!

Insert into wall THEN wheel. Pop!

Insert into wheel and timer, then turn on timer. Pop!

In every case there was a pop sound followed by a burnt smell, so these chargers die consistently. I'm guessing a surge protector?

It sound like the in rush current on the DC side is getting it. A small starter resistor on the DC side would help or you could use a light dimer on the AC side. Plug everything in and then slowly turn the dimmer up to full bright. 

5 hours ago, stephen said:

I'm no Mini Pro expert but I suspect the voltage won't be right for your Z10.  However that would be coming from China despite the Basildon address Cough-bullshit-Cough.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I'm no Mini Pro expert but I suspect the voltage won't be right for your Z10.  However that would be coming from China despite the Basildon address Cough-bullshit-Cough.

@Lukasz has bought some. Any charger will do atm what works 😊

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Based on the spec's, that charger absolutely will work. They're both 58-volt devices.

So I've got my wheel back this morning went for a little ride just to get the feel ,, weird at first but then i got used to it , i had to come home after an hour as to not use all the battery,i really need a charger  asap ,germany have none, ian speedy has non , looks like I'm going to have to disconnect the battery untill a get a charger i wonder if @Jason McNeil at eweels would consider posting one but he usually just sells to usa on certain stuff , china takes ages i need a compitable one if any thing

Just now, Girth Brooks said:

What about this charger @Lukasz mentioned recently? 

I've emailed him no response as of yet 😐 I'll keep trying,

Maybe @Lukasz might message him for me if he has his direct number , that would be awesome 😊😊😊

Just now, Girth Brooks said:

@stephen please share the details on it if you ever get any info about it.

I will I'll keep the progress updated,, I'm so unlucky lol, if rather but a/normal/fast charger  duo anyway

So I'm in talks with the guy doing the z10 normal/fast charger what @Lukaszrecommended ,as in pic below, question is ,,ihave a charge doctor for my msx 4 pin,  could i put a 4 pin on the new charger instaed of the z10 lead and just change the voltage to 58v  or shall i just leave it standard😊

Im trying guys😊

More info here

Screenshot-20190208-143807-com-android-c

So i opened my sealed box charger 😀 nothing in there really that i could see, nothing blown all solders ok apart from one what was untidey what was covered in sealant it was all atachatched ok though. I took some pics along the way..put it back together , didn't blow my self up ,still red light showing , i still havent ordered a charger as of yet slow communication, segaway and speedyfeet have none no one sells them seperate.china store hasn't responded, i have a working z10 just to look at😊 but cant charge it ,, anyone got a spare one they want to sell😊

IMG-20190209-113818.jpg
IMG-20190209-113804.jpg
IMG-20190209-111811.jpg
IMG-20190209-110754.jpg
IMG-20190209-110751.jpg
IMG-20190209-110748.jpg
IMG-20190209-110743.jpg

Nothing to lose by un-soldering BOTH those wires (red and Black).  Trim back to good clean wire, strip, tin, re solder.  That is definitely a "smoking gun".  Other component damage may have resulted, but its worth a punt.

Maybe it looks melted there ,it was covered in silicon the red wire is neat the black just had the black casing raised up it wasn't melted i pulled it up more to see if it was still attached , i might cut them and resolder I've got nothing to lose 🙁IMG-20190209-153056.jpg

Regaurdless, something is not right there. When looking for problems I would count that as a find. I have found many wires that look like that and do not tranfer power. If nothing else it is acting as a blown fuse.

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

Nothing to lose by un-soldering BOTH those wires (red and Black).  Trim back to good clean wire, strip, tin, re solder.  That is definitely a "smoking gun".  Other component damage may have resulted, but its worth a punt.

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Regaurdless, something is not right there. When looking for problems I would count that as a find. I have found many wires that look like that and do not tranfer power. If nothing else it is acting as a blown fuse.

I agree with both comments.

Looking closer the red wire’s insulation has some shrinkage adjacent to the circuit board. That means heat was involved. 

Do you have a multimeter? (i believe @Marty Backe asked that question as well).  If so try performing a continuity check on both the red and black wires to make sure there are no shorts.

Not knowing your electrical background I apologize ahead of time if I’m covering an area you are skilled in. Here is a great video of my wife explaining the process. ;)

In your specific test place one probe (red or black) on either of the exposed wires exiting the circuit board and the other probe touching the terminal inside the Z10’s rubber charging socket. *** I am not certain which terminal of the socket coincides with the circuit board’s red or black wires so try both. Promise...no explosions.

Repeat the same process for the other wire. Best wishes! 

46314984954_d6babc1693_b.jpg

Given your situation. The meter might "ring" but still not have a good connection. If you set the meter to ohms (the omega symbol) you should read a number smaller than 0.04 from the plug to the back side of the circuit board. I suspect you will read a number in the hundreds. ( 140.0 - 480.0 ). 

So I've done everything you guys proposed with no avail  , I've cut the wires and re-soldered and still red light i think its just fooked .ive got one on order ,been promised 5-7 days 😀😀 we'll see. Also getting one made from wector (the one lukasz uses) which is the 2.9amp switchable to 6amp for fast charging plus ive put a dispute in about my faulty charger from the seller ,so might end up with 3 chargers and a faulty one 😀😀😀

Archived