So its my birthday tomorrow and guess what 😊

stephen

happy birthday me:w00t2:,,Yay its here i hope it charges up ok ,i plugged it in and this was the charging state ,,nearly dead but least i didnt have to take the side off ,ill be happier when i get one bar on the charge light cause all its doing is flashing , I'll wait till full before i update it and see if it starts lol,fingers crossed,, i ordered it on the 21st December and thought it might come for my birthday , it's a day early 😊😊😀😀

IMG-20190207-124906.jpg
IMG-20190207-124856.jpg
IMG-20190207-124841.jpg
IMG-20190207-124833.jpg
IMG-20190207-124825.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! So that’s what Z looked like when it was new.  Enjoy!

Thx i will, just got to wait ages for the full charge i might give it a full 12 hours to make sure it balances ok what you think .. I'm so impatient though:(

Just now, stephen said:

Thx i will, just got to wait ages for the full charge i might give it a full 12 hours to make sure it balances ok what you think .. I'm so impatient though:(

You shouldn’t have to wait 12 hours. I believe my initial charge was 8 but complete the process you are most comfortable with so your not doubting yourself later. 

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

happy birthday me:w00t2:,,Yay its here i hope it charges up ok ,i plugged it in and this was the charging state ,,nearly dead but least i didnt have to take the side off ,ill be happier when i get one bar on the charge light cause all its doing is flashing , I'll wait till full before i update it and see if it starts lol,fingers crossed,, i ordered it on the 21st December and thought it might come for my birthday , it's a day early 😊😊😀😀

IMG-20190207-124906.jpg
IMG-20190207-124856.jpg
IMG-20190207-124841.jpg
IMG-20190207-124833.jpg
IMG-20190207-124825.jpg

Parabems para voce. Enjoy that handsome new toy. 👍

Glad you finally received it Stephen. Timing sounds perfect.

Nothing like a new wheel out of the box with that new-car smell.

I have a feeling that you're really going to enjoy this different riding style. Don't forget to experiment with the different tire pressures, with the understanding that you'll probably settle near 30-psi.

Had it on charge for 1 hour so far but i dont know if its charging, my charger is red even when nothing plugged in , and the charge light on z10 is just flashing like this in vid .should the charge bars be going up , and y is my charger always red lol, just making sure 

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Glad you finally received it Stephen. Timing sounds perfect.

Nothing like a new wheel out of the box with that new-car smell.

I have a feeling that you're really going to enjoy this different riding style. Don't forget to experiment with the different tire pressures, with the understanding that you'll probably settle near 30-psi.

Thx marty, yes ill try playing with the pressures once it's charged , i dont know if its charging or not atm lol 🙁i always worry

7 minutes ago, stephen said:

Had it on charge for 1 hour so far but i dont know if its charging, my charger is red even when nothing plugged in , and the charge light on z10 is just flashing like this in vid .should the charge bars be going up , and y is my charger always red lol, just making sure 

I just went out to the workshop to check something for you. My charger LED is green when plugged into the wall and then turns red when plugged into the wheel.

I suspect that your charger is bad :( 

I don't remember, did you ever buy a multimeter for your MSX? Maybe you could check the voltage coming out of the charger? It doesn't look good. I wonder if there have been any other reported failures of the charger? I don't recall.

@Marty BackeBacke thx for the trouble of going to see how your charger works ,, looks like mine is dead lol ,, shit birthday so far 😀 as was well prepared for the dead battery wakening and bought the leads ready for that situation 🙁 ,

If theres anyone in UK nearby can i come try to charge my qheel see if it works lol .ill have to order one from somewhere now ,cant wait another 40+ days 😣😣😣😖

11 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Marty BackeBacke thx for the trouble of going to see how your charger works ,, looks like mine is dead lol ,, shit birthday so far 😀 as was well prepared for the dead battery wakening and bought the leads ready for that situation 🙁 ,

If theres anyone in UK nearby can i come try to charge my qheel see if it works lol .ill have to order one from somewhere now ,cant wait another 40+ days 😣😣😣😖

Wow, what lousy luck. So disheartening. I've never had a bad charger yet but fortunately I had a lot of extra Gotway chargers. I do worry that my Ninebot charger could fail and then it could take awhile to find a new one.

I can't remember the name, but that German EUC distributor now has the Z10 in stock. Maybe they have some spare chargers for sale.

Good luck man!

Happy birthday.  Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I hope you can find a friend to lend a charger. I have learned to keep a backup charger for each wheel.

A friend and I got a pair of KS18xl’s a little over a month ago. His came with a bad charger. We had to share one charger for a week to keep the wheels charged up. ( thanks to @Jason McNeil for getting a replacement charger out quickly) After inspecting the KS 84v charger I realized that it is the same exact charger as the GotWay charger  but with a different plug. I did not want to get caught without a charger again so I made an adaptor to convert the GW charger to KS18xl. (Levono). I was going to make an adapter to convert the KS to GW but did not really need to do so because I have several 84v GW chargers.

I only have one 67v wheel so I just bought a second charger for it. While I was at it I made  Y adaptors so I could double charge any wheel if I wanted to. 

So i did a shout out to anyone who lives nearby ,so after 40 minutes drive to his house  i put it on charge and it suddenly starting charging ,so yes i do have a faulty charger , I'll email aliexpress but i cant wait that long , what are my alternatives ,try and buy an original z10 charger or can i get an alternative charger and put the z10 connector on it if so qhich one😊?

Ive left my £1250 z10 with a guy ive never met before 😀

Happy birthday me😣

I did a quick search of your area and the well known easy places to buy a charger without any luck. (Amazon, eBay, etc.) 

I checked Speedy Feet and did not see any available on the web page.  I would send Speedy Feet a message to see if they could sell one to you. 

It would be nice if they made an idiot proof universal 5 amp charger. The problem is that if you make a selective voltage charger with a multitude of adaptors it would be too easy to accidentally charge a low voltage wheel with high voltage. So the solution would be to have a multi voltage tapped power supply with dedicated ends. The main cord going to the wheel would have to have all the voltages in one connector selected buy the adaptor that you use for the particular wheel.

Example: 

have a 9 pin connector. The Z10 cord uses pins 1 and 2 , the KS16 cord uses pins 1 and 3, the 84v GW cord uses pins 1 and 4, etc.  I guess you could also digitally request the proper voltage with cord jumpers in a similar way. 

.... .... I guess this is really only a dream for the people that have more than one wheel or switch out frequently. .........  I will get with Marty on this. :whistling:

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@stephen have you considered opening up the charger to evaluate if there might be a loose wire or blown fuse?

I was thinking about doing that but its a sealed charger 🙁 i might have a look tomoz see if i can see anything i can always tape it back up i suppose

33 minutes ago, stephen said:

I was thinking about doing that but its a sealed charger 🙁 i might have a look tomoz see if i can see anything i can always tape it back up i suppose

My thoughts are if the charger is truly defective ( best to perform a voltage check first)  then what do you have to loose? 

In the past I have used a utility knife to open up transformers sealed in plastic housings. Just heat up the utility knife with a propane torch and carefully cut around the plastic seam. If you have a vise to hold the plastic housing while performing surgery that would be helpful to prevent slipping and cutting off some fingers. I usually ask my wife to help me hold. ;)

It repairing your charger is as simple as soldering a loose wire or replacing a blown fuse you should be good to go as you ‘patiently ‘ wait for a replacement.

You can easily super glue the case back together again or find some awesome colored Gorilla tape to secure the 2 shells. Best wishes!

I echo what @Rehab1 is recommending. The charger is dead. You have nothing to loose by opening it up and digging around.

If I was in your position I'd consider buying one of those programmable e-wheel chargers that have been promoted around here for a long time. Simply splice the output into your new cable. You'll also end up fast a fast charger for the Z10.

Are you sure you can't get a replacement charger faster from the German seller than from Aliexpress?

Really great that someone volunteered to help you charge your wheel. At least you'll get one ride out of it this weekend. I wouldn't drive it below 20--percent because even when off, the Z10 consumes an appreciable amount of power. If you're waiting 2+ weeks for another charger you don't want the Z10 to get into that deep discharge state.

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I echo what @Rehab1 is recommending. The charger is dead. You have nothing to loose by opening it up and digging around.

Yeah I'm going to do that tomoz if i get time,

I'd consider buying one of those programmable e-wheel chargers that have been promoted around here for a long time. Simply splice the output into your new cable. You'll also end up fast a fast charger for the Z10

If they are available in uk or europe I'll get one

Are you sure you can't get a replacement charger faster from the German seller than from Aliexpress?

I've looked on his site i cant find one but I'll email ive also emailed Ian at speedyfeet , ive been so busy sorting this out ..i had the cables ready due for the dead battery situation i wasnt prepared for a dead charger😀😀😀lol

Really great that someone volunteered to help you charge your wheel. At least you'll get one ride out of it this weekend. I wouldn't drive it below 20--percent because even when off, the Z10 consumes an appreciable amount of power. If you're waiting 2+ weeks for another charger you don't want the Z10 to get into that deep discharge state.

Some really nice people about 😊he snapped my hand off when i said can i leave my new wheel with you 😀😀😀 only joking thanks Dave my birthday not totally poo

48 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My thoughts are if the charger is truly defective ( best to perform a voltage check first)  then what do you have to loose? 

In the past I have used a utility knife to open up transformers sealed in plastic housings. Just heat up the utility knife with a propane torch and carefully cut around the plastic seam. If you have a vise to hold the plastic housing while performing surgery that would be helpful to prevent slipping and cutting off some fingers. I usually ask my wife to help me hold. ;)

It repairing your charger is as simple as soldering a loose wire or replacing a blown fuse you should be good to go as you ‘patiently ‘ wait for a replacement.

You can easily super glue the case back together again or find some awesome colored Gorilla tape to secure the 2 shells. Best wishes!

Thanks for the tips , I'll try it tomorrow hope its just something loose etc😉

@US69 - do you have any ideas? I know I heard from you about the Z10 availability in Europe. Maybe you know if they have any spare chargers for sale? Or a recommended fast charger?

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

@US69 - do you have any ideas? I know I heard from you about the Z10 availability in Europe. Maybe you know if they have any spare chargers for sale? Or a recommended fast charger?

@Lukasz said it's the same charger as  battery charger for Ninebot Mini Plus but still can't find one 😣

Archived