From KS18 to KS16?

Dan the Man

Hi, I had a KS18 for about one year and was very happy with it. Then I sold it for health reasons.

While those reasons are still there I feel I have to get a EUC again. I can't stop thinking about riding, and whereever I go I just see perfect routes to ride with a EUC. EUC depriviation.

I have 90 kilograms and the KS18 worked very well for me.

I am considering buying a KS16, however, they are much less powerful than the KS18, and I am a bit worried that I might feel uncomfortable and will have the feeling that I miss the power.

On the other hand the KS16 might be more maneuverable, which I would appreciate.

Any opinions?
Thanks
Dan the Man

4 hours ago, Dan the Man said:

Hi, I had a KS18 for about one year and was very happy with it. Then I sold it for health reasons.

While those reasons are still there I feel I have to get a EUC again. I can't stop thinking about riding, and whereever I go I just see perfect routes to ride with a EUC. EUC depriviation.

I have 90 kilograms and the KS18 worked very well for me.

I am considering buying a KS16, however, they are much less powerful than the KS18, and I am a bit worried that I might feel uncomfortable and will have the feeling that I miss the power.

On the other hand the KS16 might be more maneuverable, which I would appreciate.

Any opinions?
Thanks
Dan the Man

If you hold off a bit you might be able to soon get a KS16S on steroids; the KS 16XS. It has been said that it will have a 2000w/1600wh battery combo same as the 18XL. 

Also,  while an 18" wheel cannot match a 16" for maneuverability, the inverse is true when it comes to bump&rut-absorbing comfort. If you are accustomed to the comfort of an 18"; like me, also about 90 kilos you might find a 16" a bit off-putting if your riding doesn't necessitate a lot of shorter distance tight maneuverings.

Our group rides include some smaller guys who don't seem at all bothered by 14" or 16" wheels. But us big guys have to guard those knees on these contraptions :D

Hey @Lutalo you are not big. 😀 it is not easy that much skkill and friendlyness into a small framework 😁 hench you need to be a certain size. 

Since I am not that friendly I can be smaller 👿😉

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Hey @Lutalo you are not big. 😀 it is not easy that much skkill and friendlyness into a small framework 😁 hench you need to be a certain size. 

Since I am nit that friendly I can be smaller 👿😉

:D OK. So, now I understand why my helmet size is so fluffy; i'm too friendly to fit a normal sized helmet :D:D:D

5 hours ago, Dan the Man said:

Thanks for the information. I can wait for the 16XS. Still not sure if I might better get an electric skateboard. I can't afford a fall - but EUC is much more fun.

Are you sure this is a good decision?  In my book, anyone who "can't afford a fall " should not be riding an EUC.  But only you know exactly what this means.

And when you say "relocated to tassie" are you referring to Tasmania?  That's a long way from "ze middle of Germany"

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

:D OK. So, now I understand why my helmet size is so fluffy; i'm too friendly to fit a normal sized helmet :D:D:D

You are begining to get the idea. 😉That is why scandinavians are mostly big people...we are kind of friendly...Vikings 😄

A big heart can only fit in a big chest 😉

Hello Lutalo,

Just curious, you don't have to tell me any specifics about your health reason for not riding the KS18S, but able to ride the smaller KS16S. Does your health reason interfere with your strength or skills for riding a bigger wheel?

27 minutes ago, scubadragosan said:

Hello Lutalo,

Just curious, you don't have to tell me any specifics about your health reason for not riding the KS18S, but able to ride the smaller KS16S. Does your health reason interfere with your strength or skills for riding a bigger wheel?

I guess you mean @Dan the Man

Now I am only guessing, The KS18S wight and missing trolley handle. This makes less flexable as a last or first stint of a comuting need (bus, train, tram)

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

XL soul, XL heart, XL helmet, XL wheel... XLutalo! :D

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

Why didn't I spot this...just brilliant @Seba

1 hour ago, Seba said:

The Kingsong 18XLutalo. I like it. Has a very nice ring to it. Might have to cop that logo as a graphic when I vinyl wrap the XLutalo :D:D:D

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

Hello Lutalo,

Hello, my friend I think that you might have me mixed up with another person. I have no health barriers preventing me from riding any wheel. 

I'm good; buffed and sliced up like an onion 💪:D

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

You are begining to get the idea. 😉That is why scandinavians are mostly big people...we are kind of friendly...Vikings 😄

A big heart can only fit in a big chest 😉

Awwww shucks:efeec46606::efeec46606:! That's very nice of you to say man. :)

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Awwww shucks:efeec46606::efeec46606:! That's very nice of you to say man. :)

I suggest looking at the "documentary": 13 warriors 

We just need mushrooms juice to do crazy things....😳🤪😜 like riding at full speed on an EUC with 350km experience only, and crashing (for new readrrs, this is me🙄)

Ok ok it is German but the video is pretty clear. 😁

To bring this back on topic. Now I ride a KS18L instead of my V8 (sold it). 

I feel much much safer on this. I do go faster but never faster than 42kmh. The heavier wheel and bigger rim makes riding more like crusing than a Golf GTI race mode expireance. Or lets call it more easy going with out ratlling your teeth on every little road imperfection.

Note, set top speed is kinda practically and a poetic limitation, that suot me and my needs. Google, meaning of life.

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I suggest looking at the "documentary": 13 warriors 

We just need mushrooms juice to do crazy things....😳🤪😜 like riding at full speed on an EUC with 350km experience only, and crashing (for new readrrs, this is me🙄)

Ok ok it is German but the video is pretty clear. 😁

:w00t2:

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

I guess you mean @Dan the Man

Now I am only guessing, The KS18S wight and missing trolley handle. This makes less flexable as a last or first stint of a comuting need (bus, train, tram)

I added aftermarket handles to both of mine. The placement is similar to the MSX (when added) and I think the 9B

Hi guys, maybe some clarification. Yes I moved from Germany to Tasmania. Health reason why I gave up EUC is hip arthrosis which is getting better, but if I would fall on the hip it would mean very very bad pain and possible more damage. OTOH I feel like I need to ride a wheel, sort of can't forget about it. The KS 18 was perfect, but I never mastered very tight radius turn like on a bike path 90 degree turn. Where I live now is EUC's paradise, bike paths everywhere, wide roads in town. Considering that KS18 would be ok. I will take my time for a decision. Thanks for your opinions and information.

10 minutes ago, Dan the Man said:

Health reason why I gave up EUC is hip arthrosis which is getting better, but if I would fall on the hip it would mean very very bad pain and possible more damage. OTOH I feel like I need to ride a wheel, sort of can't forget about it.

11 minutes ago, Dan the Man said:

I will take my time for a decision.

If give it another go imo ice hockey accessoires offer the most sincere protection?

7 hours ago, Dan the Man said:

Hi guys, maybe some clarification. Yes I moved from Germany to Tasmania. Health reason why I gave up EUC is hip arthrosis which is getting better, but if I would fall on the hip it would mean very very bad pain and possible more damage. OTOH I feel like I need to ride a wheel, sort of can't forget about it. The KS 18 was perfect, but I never mastered very tight radius turn like on a bike path 90 degree turn. Where I live now is EUC's paradise, bike paths everywhere, wide roads in town. Considering that KS18 would be ok. I will take my time for a decision. Thanks for your opinions and information.

All EUCs regardless of size require very little energy once you practice your turns. Lots of riders will tip their wheel and lean themselves over which requires too much effort. If you keep your hands in your pocket and vow to stand absolutely straight and still, then eventually you'll figure out how to turn your wheel without putting force on your hips.

Much more relevant is picking and walking with an EUC; there is no manner by which you can carry the EUC by a handle and not place undue force on each leg as you walk it.

8 hours ago, LanghamP said:

All EUCs regardless of size require very little energy once you practice your turns. Lots of riders will tip their wheel and lean themselves over which requires too much effort. If you keep your hands in your pocket and vow to stand absolutely straight and still, then eventually you'll figure out how to turn your wheel without putting force on your hips.

Thanks, sounds interesting. Would that be similar to turning on a snowboard? Years ago I taught beginners snowboarding and used to tell them, don`t move any parts of your body, the snowboard will turn to where you look. Meaning if you look to the left just turning your head a little to the left will make the snowboard turn as well. It did not come to my mind yet that would work on a EUC as well.

Archived