Solowheel claimed 1800W motor

CarZin

All:  Solowheel claims 1800W for the extreme, and I think 1500W for the classic.  Is this the continuous use rating, or the peak rating?   If it is the peak, it seems pretty disingenuous.  As a Ninebot rider with a model E that I purchased in January, I am looking forward to the P with an 800 Watt Motor.  But I am curious how this would compare to the Solowheel model.

Let me know if you get a reponse I would like to know too B)  However, just looking at available wheels etc, I believe the motor is not1800W continuous -- more like 800W or something. However, in the end it is all about peak power for these wheels -- can it balance you when the going gets tough :D  I believe to have heard from Shane that the motherboard regulates the maximum power send to the motor to 1800W on the Xtreme (in order to prevent battery cutoffs by overloading batteries). 

(btw. Shane also remarked that for more robust balancing you need even more; Segways are rated to 3000W (because of gears) and during Segway 'hockey' events players would still fall over by over-leaning. One needs perhaps 10.000W spikes are needed to always keep a 80kg person upright no matter the leaning. So in the future we may see even more powerful wheel to offer safer and more robust riding)

Archived