Bug of lift sensor KS-18L KS-18XL

Matthieu Pretre

44 minutes ago, jitesar said:

WHY??? the don't install just normal switch in the bottom of the handle. IM has this concept and it is reliable and convenient.

Otherwise it is never-ending disaster.

That's as the KS has a moving trolley, which the IM has not. Would be no good idea to have electric cables running through the rectractable trolley, this would not be safe at all.

I have my 18L driven for 750km now, using the lift sensor all the time, as i am daily commuter with the wheel, and 98 of 100 times it works as intended. 

What definitly is needed is a good calibration.

1 hour ago, US69 said:

That's as the KS has a moving trolley, which the IM has not. Would be no good idea to have electric cables running through the rectractable trolley, this would not be safe at all.

I have my 18L driven for 750km now, using the lift sensor all the time, as i am daily commuter with the wheel, and 98 of 100 times it works as intended. 

What definitly is needed is a good calibration.

yes, you are right. agree, that to have some flexible cable could be also problem.

great retractable handle design complicates lift sensor integration ;-)

The lift sensor issue still occurs for my wheel. The tilt-over fix was not a reliable solution despite calibrations.

I've turned off the lift sensor. My current issue with the trolley handle is stiction. I tried to fix this with a dry spray lubricant, but that ultimately did not work and I think made the stiction worse. Then I switched to a liquid lubricant which helped, but I feel like the dry spray lubricant gummed it up a bit.

I think I have to completely disassemble it, clean and lube it, to get it working better again. Also, it seems to become looser with use which appears to add to the stiction issue. With only two screws holding the handle to the retractable rails, there doesn't seem to be a way to make the mechanism very rigid.

What is the best lubricant for the trolley handle?

Archived