V5f sudden acceleration

Vin Tafat

Hi everybody, I decided to buy a inmotion v5f and was pretty happy with it until yesterday.

I was driving really slow in my garden when it suddenly accelerated at full power so l fell over.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or any idea what the problem may be?

I'm pretty scared to get back on it by now. 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, Vin Tafat said:

Hi everybody, I decided to buy a inmotion v5f and was pretty happy with it until yesterday.

Welcome!

I was driving really slow in my garden when it suddenly accelerated at full power so l fell over.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or any idea what the problem may be?

There were very few such cases reported here - and afair no reasons or solutions found :(

I'm pretty scared to get back on it by now. 

Very understandable!

But the most promising way to find the problem would be a video of you reproducing the situation. Or even just if you can "reliably" reproduce and describe this in detail.

When you mentioned riding in your garden, this ment you were rinding on gras - so on a quite rough surface?

How much did you already ride with your v5f? Does it show any unusual behaviour?

Is it right to assume that this is your first wheel and you are unexpirienced in regard to euc riding?

Some pure speculative thoughts regarding this sudden acceleration without ever having experienced this myself:

- gyroscopes are (can) be sensitive to vibrations/shocks. The "original" w wheeled segways started some safety mode (very slow max speed) when riding over cobblestone roads. Going down stairs with a ninebot one e+ was (for me) quite impossible, since with every bounce hitting a new step the pedal turned forward so after ~3 steps i could not stand on the wheel anymore. Afair form my friends trying the KS16b showed some similar behaviour. So maybe by going over the rough gras surface your v5f's gyroscope was "disturbed" too much. Imo an unlikely scenario, but who knows? I once got a ks16b replacement mainboard with a "bad" gyroscope which caused the pedals to lean forward more and more while turning until one slipped forward....

So maybe with a new motherboard this can be resolved (by whatever the reason for this misbehaviour was)

- self balancing does not mean that a wheel does/have to stay under the rider! It only reacts to the pressure (force) put on the pedals. If force is applied to the front part of the pedal the wheel accelerates, if force is applied to the back part of the pedals it decelerates. So theoretically it should be possible to put all of ones weight on the toe tips, bend the knees while falling back and make the wheel shooting foward under the driver? Don't know if this is physically really possible (never tried this for a proove), but could maybe happen if one instinctively makes some "wrong" moves while trying to desperately regaining balance?

I'm afraid this post is not really helpful, but hopefully some other members with first hand experiences and/or real solutions will chime in!

But however you go on, use safety gear and be careful - especially with a wheel you don't really trust.

2 hours ago, Vin Tafat said:

I will check tomorrow, since I don't have the time today.

Maybe I'll find something after opening it. I'll take some pics and post them 

From the problem descriptions chances should be minimal to see anything :(

Is your wheel still under warranty? Then you should first get in contact with your reseller!

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, Chriull said:

So theoretically it should be possible to put all of ones weight on the toe tips, bend the knees while falling back and make the wheel shooting foward under the driver? Don't know if this is physically really possible (never tried this for a proove), but could maybe happen if one instinctively makes some "wrong" moves while trying to desperately regaining balance?

I distinctly remember that I made my wheel shoot out in front of me more than once. That tells me that it is not only theoretical possibility.

26 minutes ago, Mono said:

I distinctly remember that I made my wheel shoot out in front of me more than once. That tells me that it is not only theoretical possibility.

A recent video showed someone in France doing tricks.  After a jump trick he landed on the front of his pedals and the wheel shot out in front.  He hit his face quite badly on the ground.

Still, it seems we are talking to ourselves as the Op has got disinterested in his thread.

3 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Still, it seems we are talking to ourselves as the Op has got disinterested in his thread.

I thought that was one of rules we have to abide by in the forum :ph34r:

Archived