Turning with the Z10

Atharif

Speaking of turning a Z10, @RoberAce would you ever ride your Z10 as hard and fast into a turn without leaning your body like this video of you below? I am curious. I can't see how the Z10 can be ridden any different at speed into a turn besides what you display in this video. Curious to know your thoughts.

Hello everybody,

I'm Werner from Austria and have just finished my first bigger ride outside on my new Z10. Was about 35km.

I don't think that there's another way to go into a turn so fast. To start the turn it's really helpful to push down the outer side so that the wheel first goes minimal to this side and you can (you will have to!) lean to the opposite, the inner side. Short said: Counter steering like well knewn from driving all single-lane vehicles.

I'll have much to train and to learn before I can go through turns like @RoberAce !

😅

On 2/2/2019 at 8:59 PM, Smoother said:

I love that toe on the ground technique.  I'm going to learn that.

I don't have a Z10, but I am using it regularly as well. One disadvantage: it leads to (visible) abrasion on the shoes.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:18 AM, Girth Brooks said:

Speaking of turning a Z10, @RoberAce would you ever ride your Z10 as hard and fast into a turn without leaning your body like this video of you below? I am curious. I can't see how the Z10 can be ridden any different at speed into a turn besides what you display in this video. Curious to know your thoughts.

At speed for aggressive turning you definitely have to throw your body into it to lean the wheel over. 

i am more curious how many do this with their leg pressing against the wheel or their foot applying weight to the pedal?

On 2/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, Girth Brooks said:

Speaking of turning a Z10, @RoberAce would you ever ride your Z10 as hard and fast into a turn without leaning your body like this video of you below? I am curious. I can't see how the Z10 can be ridden any different at speed into a turn besides what you display in this video. Curious to know your thoughts.

Yes, in this wheel it is very easy, it is a very stable wheel, for now I have uploaded a small video of high speed turns. I did not have protections, so I did not get a lot, I'll do better with protections.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, Werner said:

Hello everybody,

I'm Werner from Austria and have just finished my first bigger ride outside on my new Z10. Was about 35km.

I don't think that there's another way to go into a turn so fast. To start the turn it's really helpful to push down the outer side so that the wheel first goes minimal to this side and you can (you will have to!) lean to the opposite, the inner side. Short said: Counter steering like well knewn from driving all single-lane vehicles.

I'll have much to train and to learn before I can go through turns like @RoberAce !

😅

The Z10, I affirm that it does not turn, it is a joy, because the one that turns is not the wheel, it is you, with the other wheels, to twist the foot of the turn and the wheel turns, you are only correcting that turn.
The Z does not twist, you are the one that twists, turning only when you want, not when you want the wheel.
It's just getting used to the change

On 2/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, Alex_from_NZ said:

At speed for aggressive turning you definitely have to throw your body into it to lean the wheel over. 

i am more curious how many do this with their leg pressing against the wheel or their foot applying weight to the pedal?

In the Z, squeeze the foot on the pedal, it is not good for much, the wheel is not going to move, it is excessively stable, at high speed, or you pull the body, or the wheel is not going to move alone by pressing the pedal, you can dance on top of the Z pedals and continue straight.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:55 AM, Werner said:

Well, I'm doing it with pressing my leg against the wheel like @RoberAce . But before I press the foot down on the outer side for countersteering. 

I do not throw with my leg over the Z, I only lean on it, but I do not push it with my leg, I twist the body and support my leg on the Z, logically having the body twisted and supporting the leg, if I am pulling it, but it's not my leg, it's my whole body, if you use only your leg, you can not twist, the Z is very stable for that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 9:21 PM, Atharif said:

In the Z, squeeze the foot on the pedal, it is not good for much, the wheel is not going to move, it is excessively stable, at high speed, or you pull the body, or the wheel is not going to move alone by pressing the pedal, you can dance on top of the Z pedals and continue straight.

I disagree with this assessment, after 1000 miles in mine now every turn is j initiated and completed with body weight. I never, ever push the wheel over with my legs. 

On 3/10/2019 at 1:30 AM, Alex_from_NZ said:

I disagree with this assessment, after 1000 miles in mine now every turn is j initiated and completed with body weight. I never, ever push the wheel over with my legs. 

I did not say pull the Z10, I pull the body, which allows me to turn the Z10 is to move the body, it takes more with the balance than touching the Z, the leg use more support on the wheel than for pull her with the leg.

4 hours ago, Atharif said:

I did not say pull the Z10, I pull the body, which allows me to turn the Z10 is to move the body, it takes more with the balance than touching the Z, the leg use more support on the wheel than for pull her with the leg.

I dont understand what you are saying then tbh.

Archived