Ninebot Z10 - trolley handle parking stability increase mod

Lukasz

Ninebot Z has the possibility to be parked using the handle base, however this does not provide really stable position.  Thanks to one of the Z users suggestion I have developed "stability mod" which offers:

• Widens the standing/support base by over 50 mm in total (almost 27 mm per side) changing the force needed to trip the wheel on the side from 0,1kg - to around 1kg ! (so 10 times - however those measurements were made using small handheld scale attached to the top of the trolley handle - so are not precise) - this changes the stability a lot - wheel even when slightly pushed stays upright instead of falling immediately.
  • Protect floor from scratching - base of the original handle is sharp aluminum edge - with my mod this edge is separated from the floor
  • Mod may protect the lower part of the handle from major scratches / bending in case of crash (untested - no crashes on my side so far... ;-)   )
  • Easy and quick to install – no special tools required. Mod is printed from strong Ultra-PLA plastic in matt black - matching Z colors well.

If anybody is interested - please email me at a64@interia.pl   

This is the third mod I have designed for the Ninebot Z wheel - after earlier pedal openers mod and switch protector/front lamp regulator mod.

parking-stand-0.jpg

parking-stand-2.jpg

parking-stand-parked-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have designed  so far 3 mods for Z10  - pedal opener, button protector/light adjuster, and recently parking stability mod. Designs and tinkering takes time and effort, so for now they are available as ready printed ultra-pla parts,  please contact me on a64@interia.pl for details.  Maybe in some future this will end up getting published on Thingiverse, but it is too early for that.

Ninebot-Z-mods-set-with-email-low.jpg

Unicycle riding is still quite new activity open for development and ideas.... My designs are not limited only to the wheel itself, in fact I have realized that almost each piece of equipment I use is in some way modded....  see my winter riding gloves - they include two more printed parts - pebble time screen protector and rear view mirror mounting frame  ;-)  also radio control for helmet high beam lights and bell.

Smart Gloves 1.jpg

5 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Designs and tinkering takes time and effort, so for now they are available as ready printed ultra-pla parts,  please contact me on a64@interia.pl for details. 

You can also sell the design.

Archived