Help! MSX pedal noise

Hello helpful people! 
I've just received my Gotway MSX and have only been testing it's functionality indoors as of now, since there's a bunch of snow outside. 

However the uni makes a weird annoying sound that i dont know how to get rid of. It sounds like something is rubbing against something else. Not sure what. 

In the video you can see and hear. The sound appears only on my left pedal, when i apply pressure to the front of the pedal. What can I do about this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Sebastian

1 hour ago, Sekra said:

Hello helpful people! 
I've just received my Gotway MSX and have only been testing it's functionality indoors as of now, since there's a bunch of snow outside. 

However the uni makes a weird annoying sound that i dont know how to get rid of. It sounds like something is rubbing against something else. Not sure what. 

In the video you can see and hear. The sound appears only on my left pedal, when i apply pressure to the front of the pedal. What can I do about this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Sebastian

Is there any movement on the little washers where the pin goes through the pedal , turn it on its side make sure the washers on the pedal at least, maybe put some lube spray on the pin,  it sounds a bit odd won't affect performance of wheel just annoying,, is the pedal stiff when you fold it up

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Is there any movement on the little washers where the pin goes through the pedal , turn it on its side make sure the washers on the pedal at least, maybe put some lube spray on the pin,  it sounds a bit odd won't affect performance of wheel just annoying,, is the pedal stiff when you fold it up

Pedal is really smooth up and down. When i rock the pedal back and forth there is definitely a little bit of play, however its similar on both sides, and only the left pedal has this sound. I tried tightening the screws on the pedal itself, but they were already pretty tight... :confused1:

Sounds like the shell creaking due to flex.  The pedals connect to the pedal arms and the pedal arms to the axle of the wheel.  The shell has some attachment bolts on the pedal arm.  possibly something in this area is not as tight as it should be.  If you can find the pieces  that are rubbing together you might develop a solution by isolating them with something that doesn't creak.

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

Sounds like the shell creaking due to flex.  The pedals connect to the pedal arms and the pedal arms to the axle of the wheel.  The shell has some attachment bolts on the pedal arm.  possibly something in this area is not as tight as it should be.  If you can find the pieces  that are rubbing together you might develop a solution by isolating them with something that doesn't creak.

That definitely sounds like a plausible cause. I shall look into that. 

I had the same with my MSX in the beginning. It was either the pedal pin moving between the tight grub screws, or the aluminium washers rubbing against the pedal frame.

Lubeing is the only thing you need to do. Try the washers first. If it doesn’t go away, remove the pedal pin grub screws and make sure the pedal pin ends get a good lubeing.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Finally time for some follow-up! The noise came from the metal plate underneath the grip tipe on the left pedal. It’s tightened with 4 screws, and it simply wasnt just tight enough. Went ahead and tightened that screw and boom! Problem solved! :) here is a short video of it. 

thanks for all the advice! :)

Archived