I'm looking for Inmotion V8 mainboard It can be damaged.

evil696

I'm looking for Inmotion V8 mainboard It can be damaged. I bought inmotion with broken charger but soon after i unpack it i saw that charger works normally and battery also have normal voltage but monocycle doesnt react on power on. I need spare parts to repair my mainboard or i buy working one.

No i didn't try but it will will be to expensive. I want to learn how it works and repair mine. My board have burned JR4vg its SY8104ADC this chip powered digital leds, i remove it but nothing changed, motherboard doesnt react on power SW, there is voltage on power SW, mosfets are fine and when i plug in battery connector to pcb one led near by stm32 turns on. Other leds stay off. If i get another pcb i will change chips and see wich one is burned.

I don't think control board are as expensive as you think.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I personally wouldn't trust a board that had previously failed.  But your electronic skills sound more advanced than mine.  I would hit it with a hammer, it that didn't fix it i'd assume it was broken for good.;)

• Upvote 2

My PCB is totally burned, one small voltage regulator L3LX burned and give more voltage on logic chips. I have short circuit on SPI Serial Flash 25DF321A so i remove it and did short circiut test with laboratory power supply 1V 1.2A and main chip  ARM started to get hot. If i get firmware for this chip i will propably continue repair my mainboard but nobody have this firmware exept inmotion service and i don't think that they share.

I work in computer service for few years and i have skills and tools to repair electronic stuff.

I'm still looking for motherboard to my Inmotion V8.

3 hours ago, evil696 said:

I'm still looking for motherboard to my Inmotion V8.

$165 https://www.ewheels.com/product/v8-control-board/

£150 but presently sold out https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/products/inmotion-v8-control-board

E167 https://www.onewheel.be/en/products/154-mainboard-inmotion-v8-pcb-19000-eur-inmotion-technologies-coltd.html

Nothing listed but, possible place to order http://www.inmotion-france.fr/

I hope this helps

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, evil696 said:

I work in computer service for few years and i have skills and tools to repair electronic stuff.

We don't doubt your skills.

The last guy I read that fixed a BMS on an EUC (which is way simpler than a brushless controller) lost all his front teeth and left the hobby...

Multiple failure is a real possibility on those boards...

A weakened component will really make for a VERY bad day, even at 0 mph...

Imagine yourself suddenly on a pile of wet soap bars...

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

Thank you for fast reply. I saw all this links but i try to repair my wheel in low cost.

I buy 2 ninebot E+ first short on mosfet, mosfets has low watt (i don't know what segway thinks doing this "upgrade", older board version was exaclt the same i monted) replaced for 2 times stronger, 500km ewerything perfectly fine. Second E+ standard all mosfets to change and bms to replace, i used stronger bms from china (45A continues with ballancing) i didnt test this wheel but it looks fine, i will test with all body protection stuff.

Good idea. If i dont get inmotion board i try to connect kingsong ks16 board. I will propably get some demadged ks boards.

18 hours ago, evil696 said:

i try to connect kingsong ks16 board. I will propably get some demadged ks boards.

Do you realize that Kingsongs KS16's are 16SnP and Inmotions are 20SnP ?

Or do you know something that I don't know?

Edited by pico
Corr

"pico" you are absolutely right ks 67,2V inmotion 84V, but voltage on logic part of board is converted (dc-dc converter) to logic voltage, when i get ks board i will do some research, and if dc-dc converter can take more voltage it wont be a problem to connect 84V the other thing is mosfets voltage but it will be easy to replace, oryginal inmotion motor is on 84v so all should work.

Good, you seem to understand the harware implications. 

I know what you think. Pwm is pwm no matter what voltage.

I have my doubt that the accelation curves interpreted by the software are the same and you may face a lot of idiosyncrasies that Inmotion is famous for.

Nice of you of experimenting. However please, if it ever works don't put it for sale on ebay...

You sound like me when I was 40 years younger ;)

Been there, done that...

Stay safe.

Ninebot E+ with new BMS and repaired motherboard works fine, next will be V8, but i dont think it will be easy to connect kingsong mainboard to V8, PWM should work, dc-dc converter if wont work i will connect another converter but problem will be measure voltage on cells, ks have 48V on battery when discharged and V8 have 60V so propably KS mainboard thinks that 60V is enough to run faster but bms can cut off cause voltage on one cell will drops under 3V.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, Smoother said:

CJLfLtJWgAAjWxJ.jpg:large

"I Wuv EUCs"

I really need to save up for a full face helmet

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, evil696 said:

Thank you for fast reply. I saw all this links but i try to repair my wheel in low cost.

Remember, implants are 5-10k a pop, veneers $700, crowns 3k.

Wrist, elbow, shoulder injuries are expensive too.

Also if a wheel fails and goes flying into some car or a person it makes the community look bad

not trying to tell you what to do but "pennywise, pound foolish" is a saying for a reason, and in the process of one component frying some other component could be compromised but not fail fully till under heavy strain,good luck and be safe

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I get inmotion V8 pcb of course as broken, thanks for nice man from France, pcb has shorted mosfets, burned main fuse and 8 pin engine controller. All things are repaired and wheel is working. First ride wasn't too long i will do about 10km and everything looks fine except  battery meter he doesnt work, battery works fine wheel turns on normally so i won't repair it.

• Like 1