eliothis

Ninebot ES2: Error 18 and Electric brake / motor issue

Just wondered if anyone has had a better experience with using the newer firmware 1.5.0 with its lower speed limit etc.

10 hours ago, furball said:

Just wondered if anyone has had a better experience with using the newer firmware 1.5.0 with its lower speed limit etc.

I've updated and I have ES1 with extended battery and I'm still getting the same speed 16Mph /27Kmh, i wish they would allow us to change this to 25mph since I know it can go that fast

On 5/9/2019 at 8:08 AM, Gorodeckij Dimitrij said:

ionbrain, could you please advise where to buy mosfets for es2? I found this  but its says 1CKD1 then mine is 1CKJ1 not sure if they fit? in my case first 3 in row shows 1 then I check them, others showing 0.720-0.760 - so expecting that replacement will help me to ride again? 

what are the symptoms of you not being able to ride your scooter?

Model ? extra battery? 

there is always going to be some variance in the values you get from chip to chip so a .3 is high by not uncommon.

does it power on? 

Isn't the easiest solution to buy an external bike light with mounting bracket and mount it to the handlebars. It will be brighter and won't have to worry about frying the control board and your speed will stay at 21mph max. That's what I did I completely disconnected the led from my es4 so I won't ever have this problem. 

On 7/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jose760 said:

Isn't the easiest solution to buy an external bike light with mounting bracket and mount it to the handlebars. It will be brighter and won't have to worry about frying the control board and your speed will stay at 21mph max. That's what I did I completely disconnected the led from my es4 so I won't ever have this problem. 

well i spoke to soon. i fried my control board the traces on the back of the mosfets burned up. i was going 21mph max speed and had to brake realy hard and i used the electric brake. after i tried to accelerate but my wheel locked up even when off. i put new control board in now its working again. im never going to use the electric brake only the back break or use my foot dragging on the ground like when on a skateboard. im also going to put new bullet connectors soldered and heat shrink tubing on the wire, they show no signs of melting but i just w.ant to be safe. im setting my max speed to 18mph and my motot constant to 50000.hopefuly my board lasts atleast 1 thousand miles but i wont hold  my breath.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:54 AM, Jose760 said:

well i spoke to soon. i fried my control board the traces on the back of the mosfets burned up. i was going 21mph max speed and had to brake realy hard and i used the electric brake. after i tried to accelerate but my wheel locked up even when off. i put new control board in now its working again. im never going to use the electric brake only the back break or use my foot dragging on the ground like when on a skateboard. im also going to put new bullet connectors soldered and heat shrink tubing on the wire, they show no signs of melting but i just w.ant to be safe. im setting my max speed to 18mph and my motot constant to 50000.hopefuly my board lasts atleast 1 thousand miles but i wont hold  my breath.

Well I would limit the speed, speed was not the issue. You were just gifted with a bad control board. The quality of the manufacturing isn't the greatest. I've drove mine for 500+ miles and have never had a failure yet, even in 107 F weather. I'm just lucky to get a good combination that lasted.
Mine is a ES4 and it's max speed is 17 mph so not sure how you get 21 mph, but that is a great speed and it's beyond the internal specs of the electrical circuits installed.

I've found that only Water is not your friend when it comes to riding these scooters.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:20 PM, ionbrain said:

Well I would limit the speed, speed was not the issue. You were just gifted with a bad control board. The quality of the manufacturing isn't the greatest. I've drove mine for 500+ miles and have never had a failure yet, even in 107 F weather. I'm just lucky to get a good combination that lasted.
Mine is a ES4 and it's max speed is 17 mph so not sure how you get 21 mph, but that is a great speed and it's beyond the internal specs of the electrical circuits installed.

I've found that only Water is not your friend when it comes to riding these scooters.

I flashed a custom firmware to it to achieve 21mph i dont think the regenerative braking system can handle the voltage from braking hard at those speeds and that's what fried my board I installed a new board and it's working like new again. 

Please post in English from now on. Use Google Translate if you need help with this.

-

Mam problem z uszkodzonym elementem na planszy, proszę o informacje o przedmiocie i gdzie mogę go kupić

[ Google Translate: I have a problem with a damaged item on the board, please provide information about the item and where I can buy it]

http://imgur.com/a/MkbGDDM

Edited by meepmeepmayer

That is a serious issue and you would be better getting a new controller board or a replacement clone type of board

you don't have the equipment to disconnect the chip off the board and most likely can reconnect it back.

Exchange is not a problem for me. I repair electronics, just ask for information about what element it is and where I can buy it.

Unless you have the equipment to remove this part and the unique equipment to reconnect it, (which will be really hard) not to mention that other parts are also burnt.

it will be cheaper to just replace the whole unit.