I HAD A NICE RIDE TODAY (The Anti Face Plant Thread)

Smoother

DAY/WEEKEND FORM. SEE BELOW FOR WEEK TO SEASON TIME FRAME FORM. (COPY AND PASTE, THE SECTION YOU NEED, DO NOT QUOTE)

========================================================================

DATE:

TIME:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL:

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: 

===============================================================================================================

ALTERNATE TEMPLATE FOR REPORTING A TIME PERIOD OF YOUR CHOICE (WEEK, MONTH, SEASON, ETC) (COPY AND PASTE, DO NOT QUOTE)

=======================

LOCATION(S):

TIME PERIOD:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

BEST MEMORY:

WORST MEMORY:

LOCATION: Edited to remove locational information due to the boards insistence on revealing who is riding illegally 

DATE: 11th

TIME: pm

WEATHER: cool but sunny, light winds

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 10k ?

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Bigfoot KS16s

WHO WAS WITH ME: About three trillion midges

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1550km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:  Trying out my selfie stick and 360 camera (and someone asking me if I was filming for Google maps)

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Trying out my selfie stick and 360 camera

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  Getting used to a thick selfie stick and slightly heavy camera took some work. The wind caught it a few times and had me swerving around a bit at times.  Also, continually reaching in a pocket to activate the camera via the app is a PITA too.  My hat's off to you regular film producers,

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

You should get the insta 360, lightweight and easy peasy to use.

Well I guess it's not as heavy as I thought.  The insta360x weighs 115g and my Xiaomi mi sphere 360 weighs 109g.  

Yeah the Insta would be nice but it's more than twice the price of the Mi Sphere and I've been spending quite a bit lately on guitars and MIDI stuff and things like that, so I had to squeeze the budget a bit.  I'll probably regret it later.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

DATE: 2019-04-13

TIME: 13:50 - 16:50 (3 Hr Total)

WEATHER:10°C

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 55.21 km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KingSong KS18L

WHO WAS WITH ME: The wheel's machine spirit

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 632km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Didnt stop or get off even once

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Nothing

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: if you want max range from your wheel go 18.5 kph consistently without stopping or changing speed and pump your tires to 50psi

Strip 3.jpg

• Like 2

DATE: 2019-04-16

TIME: 14:19 - 18:12 (~4 Hr Total)

WEATHER:10°C

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 66.67 km using 65% 

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KingSong KS18L Matte Black

WHO WAS WITH ME: A Sh¡t load of 18650 batteries

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 712km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Didnt stop or get off even once

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: My knees, legs and feed don't work anymore

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: riding a wheel for 4 hours straight is NOT RECOMMENDED! 

I was able to beat the magical 10 Wh/km energy usage, basically this works out to 1% of battery equals to 1 km

Going 17 kph (while painfully slow) is super efficient power wise but useless if you need to get anywhere or be on time

Strip 2.jpg

• Like 2

TIME PERIOD: PM

WEATHER: Clear

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 10 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: V10

WHO WAS WITH ME: My helmet

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1600+ miles

BEST MEMORY: Going fast in the dirt

WORST MEMORY: Ruts and bugs

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Remember your eye protection. I did not, lol

• Like 2

=====

DATE: April 7, 2019

TIME: 10am - 2pm

WEATHER: Perfect California day

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 36 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS18XL

WHO WAS WITH ME: Marty, Jeff, Dan & Mike

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: First time riding so 36 miles, borrowed for the ride

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Group rides rock! It was the most perfect weather, beautiful landscape, and great folks to help enjoy the experience.

Also wonderful is the awesome video footage of the ride so all can experience and enjoy. Thanks Dan!

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: I normally ride a 16S so it was a great treat to ride the 18XL. However, I’m a bit aggressive by nature and tried to carve like the 16S when riding on the dirt/multch trail. I ate it hard and my ribs still hurt a bit. The wheel is a lot heavier/taller and I didn’t take that into account. 

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Find other EUC enthusiasts and go for a group ride.  Also, if you’re on a new wheel, take the time to become very familiar and comfortable before getting all jiggy with it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/14/2019 at 12:50 AM, Smoother said:

That is cheating. Using an old van to ride far. 😉 

It was the first car/van I drove after getting my drivers licence back in 1992. We used those in the postal service. Awesome sliding doors, easy to enter and exit.

I unfortunately never got around to see Bedford when I lived in UK, Nottingham.😔

• Like 1

LOCATION(S): Lowe's Hardware - Cotati

TIME PERIOD: After Dark

WEATHER: Chilly

DISTANCE TRAVELED: .5 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: V10

WHO WAS WITH ME: My former ego

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1600+

BEST MEMORY: Being upright

WORST MEMORY: Not being upright via ghost marsh at the park a block from my house

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Marsh mud has an aroma very reminiscent of sewage. The entire left side of my wheel was coated with the wonderful substance. Joking aside, having a external light saved my clothes post mishap. Shoes, not so much...

• Like 1

DATE: Today

TIME: 18:30-19:30

WEATHER: Sunny, +14C, much less in shade (we still had 20-30cm of snow a week ago)

DISTANCE TRAVELED: About 20km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED:  KS16B

WHO WAS WITH ME: No-one, but a lot of people pointed at me, which seemed weird since I've been riding around these parts since 2015

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: No idea, 500km maybe? I mostly ride the S

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Nothing especially comes to mind, but this was the first actual ride of this season (I did take a short spin last evening to check the wheel's still ok), nice to get back on the road  :) 

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: My hands felt like frozen when I got back, ice in the underpasses (it still goes to below 0C after sunset / night)

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: There's a ton of gravel and sand that's not yet cleaned on most bicycle paths that can cause slipping, shady parts of the road may still have ice, especially underpasses can have thick ice covering (nice surprise when you come down a hill at speed, and make a tight 90 degree turn to an underpass, then notice that there's a couple of centimeters thick bed of ice for the entire width of the tunnel... better just keep the speed steady and go straight than try to brake :P)

Of course I also pumped the tire up to my usual "knife's edge"-setup, 60PSI (a little over 4 bar). Makes it super-responsive and fast with accelerations, but the price to pay is the grip ...

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, esaj said:

but a lot of people pointed at me, which seemed weird since I've been riding around these parts since 2015

Maybe your fly was open.

DAY/WEEKEND FORM. SEE BELOW FOR WEEK TO SEASON TIME FRAME FORM. (COPY AND PASTE, THE SECTION YOU NEED, DO NOT QUOTE)

DATE:

TIME:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

===============================================================================================================

ALTERNATE TEMPLATE FOR REPORTING A TIME PERIOD OF YOUR CHOICE (WEEK, MONTH, SEASON, ETC) (COPY AND PASTE, DO NOT QUOTE)

=======================

LOCATION(S):

TIME PERIOD:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

BEST MEMORY:

WORST MEMORY:

• Upvote 1

LOCATION: Where the Bavarian Alps begin (Aschau im Chiemgau and Samerberg, a very scenic route up an Alpine high valley/plateau, crossing it, and down again)

DATE: 2019-4-19

TIME: 14:00-19:00

WEATHER: Glorious. Warm to hot, blue sky and sunny.

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 58km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Gotway ACM 84V 1300Wh

WHO WAS WITH ME: First ride with my new friend Chao Yang

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: Passed 6000km on this ride!

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Everything. Just glorious.

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: I really regret not having some other riders to ride this route with me! It's just glorious. It should be seen and enjoyed by more people! This would be a perfect, scenic, all-day group ride.

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Get the biggest battery you can! Everytime it's my battery that makes me end my rides at 60km (+5 slow km) range. I would ride twice as far if I had the capacity.

• Like 1

DATE: April 19th

TIME: 6 to 7 pm (or so)

WEATHER: Very nice, 16-18°C, 10-12 kn winds, sunny

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 28km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Tesla (first ride after getting the XL)

WHO WAS WITH ME: Sia, and the weather

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: Almost 1900km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: The joy of riding after being away for 5 days. And finding a new route to go if I want to take the long way home from work (less sidewalk-riding, more trails)

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Not really anything

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Can't think of anything that hasn't been said before :cheers:

• Like 1

DATE: 19/04/2019

TIME:2h 

WEATHER: Sunny and warm 

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 39 km 

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: V10 F

WHO WAS WITH ME: The sun and the wind

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 4600 km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:  totally warm 

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: this bloody beast of east wind

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: avoid tourist region - it's crowded 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DATE: May 01, 2019

WEATHER: Clear & Mild

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 14.3 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS-18XL (and InMotion V8)

WHO WAS WITH ME: Brian W.

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 178 miles

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Discovered a new sculpture

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Can’t think of anything 

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: EUC riding can be addictive!

DEFBD434-08B9-4B11-9446-DCE203F50033.jpeg

• Like 1

DATE:

TIME:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

=======================

LOCATION(S):

TIME PERIOD:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

BEST MEMORY:

WORST MEMORY:

LOCATION(S): Edited to remove locational information due to the boards insistence on revealing who is riding illegally 

TIME PERIOD: Over the last week and a half

WEATHER: pretty f.ing brilliant over the Easter weekend wall to wall sunshine and warm !! After that, Meh!

DISTANCE TRAVELED: God knows, not much, 40km? I take a picnic blanket, a book, and some food and drink and make it more about being out and less about riding for riding's sake.

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS16S

WHO WAS WITH ME: Mr. I.Pod as usual

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1600km?

BEST MEMORY: bumping into The Lithuanian lady I met a few months ago, and going for a coffee and a long chat :D  AND...discovering miles of smooth tow path beside the river Cam, just east of XXX. More new territory to explore.

WORST MEMORY: Waiting for good weather to go ride.  Spring is such a mixed bag.

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Ride smart, ride safely, have fun.  Life is too short not to be having fun.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

LOCATION: Edited to remove locational information due to the boards insistence on revealing who is riding illegally 

TIME PERIOD: one afternoon over the Easter weekend

WEATHER: Warm, sunny

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 300m ( it turns out there is almost no where to ride an EUC at XXX. so I parked the wheel and picnic'd by the flight line to watch the aircraft come and go)

WHO WAS WITH ME:  Mr. Blue Sky and about 15 pilots

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1600km

BEST MEMORY: Laying in the sun on my picnic blanket, enjoying a bit of wine and cheese. It was almost like being a XXX pilot waiting for the command to scramble (except for the wine, of course)

WORST MEMORY: not worst, but funny.  While watching small airplanes coming and going all afternoon.  Around 4:30 there was a sudden flurry of activity and just like that, the flight line was empty.  I lay back, closed my eyes and drifted off to snoozea bit.  When I woke, the airfield was completely silent except for a few birds chirping. I sat up and looked around; everyone had gone. it dawned on me that not one of the airplanes was coming back.  I had thought they were based there but it turns out they had all just flown in as an excuse to go for a flight somewhere nice, and had returned to their home bases.  I turn around to observe the parking lot was almost completely empty, and it was then I remembered the sign on the way in saying the gate would be locked at 5:30.  I hurriedly packed up and left :facepalm:

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  Observe gate signs and don't get locked in somewhere.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

DATE: May 6th

TIME: 7 to 8 pm (or so)

WEATHER: Sunny, windy (20+ knots), 7-8°C

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 24km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: XL

WHO WAS WITH ME: Nobody

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: passed 800km on this trip, 804km now. Have had this wheel for just over 1 month!

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Not a lot of other traffic, nice trails for parts of the ride. One of the best rides I've had! At least untill... ->

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Nearly got a heart attack when I rode past a residence where a #*¤! dog nearly scared the sh!t out of me by not barking untill I was 2-3m away from it. Didn't see it before or after. Luckily this was when I had just a few km to go to get home.

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Stay away from feral dogs!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olav said:

804km now. Have had this wheel for just over 1 month!

800km in a month?!  are you running from the law or something?  F..ing dogs that make you jump. I hate that, same as drivers who honk as they go by, A..holes the lot of them

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

800km in a month?!  are you running from the law or something?  F..ing dogs that make you jump. I hate that, same as drivers who honk as they go by, A..holes the lot of them

im pretty sure the people that honk saw that stupid TV show where in this one scene a person was riding what looks to be an inmotion v3pro (the dual wheel eyc) comes up on the sidewalk, then a car honks and the guy falls off into the bushes, it was so fake it was cringy.

EDIT: 800 a month isnt hard, only 26 km a day, if i rode mine to work everyday i would exceed a thousand a month but i got fired and have no job so... aint gonna happen.

Edited by PotatoInside
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

LOCATION(S):  Edited to remove locational information due to the boards insistence on revealing who is riding illegally 

TIME PERIOD: last few weeks

WEATHER: "it's getting better all the time" Brooks and Dunn

DISTANCE TRAVELED: Yes 

WHO WAS WITH ME: My shadow

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: Ooh, about 1800km now

BEST MEMORY: Using my wheel to find secluded spots to lay my picnic blanket out (by a river, under a tree, etc) get out some grub, some tunes, and my book, and just enjoy the spring weather, while watching the activity on the water.

WORST MEMORY: no bad memories

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  Newbies:  You really can go out and ride miles and miles on loads of different trips and not fall off.  "Not falling off" really is a viable option (and preferable too:D) although I wear my safety gear because falling off is an option too :efef27703d:

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2