I HAD A NICE RIDE TODAY (The Anti Face Plant Thread)

Smoother

22 minutes ago, Mossi said:

DATE: 17.03.2019

TIME: 14:00 - 17:30 and 17:30 - 18:00

WEATHER: Cold, stormy partial wet

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 58,95 km and around 10 km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS18 XL and Inmotion V8

WHO WAS WITH ME: "Wow, what is that?!"

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 18 XL around 200 km, V8 don't know

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: First 50 km were very nice, nothing happened (see below)

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Inability to drive through mud with 18 XL, continuous "Please decelerate" for the last 10 km, no bicycle paths, cars passing me (5 - 10 km/h) with 100 km/h and first faceplant with V8

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Try to not overlean, wear safetygear.

Only 50km with the xl. How much % did you started with?

51 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I don't use the kingsong app because it drains the battery very quick and it starts by itself, means when I don't notice my phone is dead. I started with 8/9 LED and came in with 2/9. I just got the "Your device is low battery, please charge it" warning 200 m infront of my house.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Quote: DISTANCE TRAVELED: 58,95 km and around 10 km

Sounds like nearly 70km for me :-) ...and Starting on 8of9Led's is About 80%-85%.

On my 18L with 1036wh i mostly drive 50-60km in a week for my daily commutes....and when charging i have 30-40% left on the Clock when i started from full 100%

1 minute ago, Mossi said:

The last 10 km was with the V8. On the xl I did 58,95 km from 8 to 2 LED.

Aaah, OK...could not read that out the text. Thats -About- from 80-85%to 10% down

8 hours ago, Mossi said:

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Inability to drive through mud with 18 XL, continuous "Please decelerate" for the last 10 km, no bicycle paths, cars passing me (5 - 10 km/h) with 100 km/h and first faceplant with V8

Wow! your last 10km sounds horrible. I know at least one German who had a nice ride from start to finish today, in pleasant weather even!. See below.

DATE: 20.03.2019

TIME: 15:00—18:30

WEATHER: Sunny 

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 44km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS16C 

WHO WAS WITH ME: JBL Flip4

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1468km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: So nice to get riding again after 3 weeks of rain and storms 

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: nothing 

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: addiction for riding is stronger than any drug 

• Like 2

DAY/WEEKEND FORM. SEE BELOW FOR WEEK TO SEASON TIME FRAME FORM. (COPY AND PASTE, THE SECTION YOU NEED, DO NOT QUOTE)

========================================================================

DATE:

TIME:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL:

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: 

===============================================================================================================

ALTERNATE TEMPLATE FOR REPORTING A TIME PERIOD OF YOUR CHOICE (WEEK, MONTH, SEASON, ETC) (COPY AND PASTE, DO NOT QUOTE)

=======================

LOCATION(S):

TIME PERIOD:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL:

BEST MEMORY:

WORST MEMORY:

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: 

LOCATION: Edited to remove locational information due to the boards insistence on revealing who is riding illegally 

DATE: Monday 18th

TIME: 13;15 to 18;00

WEATHER: partly sunny, 9 deg C-ish NO WIND, THE WIND OF THREE WEEKS WAS GONE :clap3:

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 5 mi.

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS16S and some sore of two wheeled thing, a "bike" I think it's called

WHO WAS WITH ME: Just me  sorry, habit.  @meepmeepmayer was over from Germany

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1450km?

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Meeting @meepmeepmayer and letting him use my wheel while I rode the bike thingy, how 19th century ^_^

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Letting @meepmeepmayer ride my wheel BEFORE finding out he hasn't ridden since OCTOBER!!!!! No drama in the end, no face plants to report.

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Bikes are a pain in the ass, literally, and the wrists.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

That's true; after the ambulance left from taking care of my broken wrists and busted ass.:roflmao:

How did.....ehh hold on a minute...

do I want that answer...🙄🤔😖 nope 😁 

(waiting for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love to post cctv evidence )

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

So funny to see the faces, i had other pictures in mind some h:Dow 

Don't we all !  We didn't know what each other looked like either, so Meep jokingly suggested we should have pass phrases like James Bond. he suggested "That sure is interesting waterfowl over there" and the nonsensical response? "The moon is red at midnight" .:) So despite me showing up on the only wheel in town, I made him stick to it.  I wouldn't talk to him until he uttered the secret phrase, of course then I had to remember the reply.:D.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

DATE: 09.03.2019

TIME: 15:30

WEATHER: Storm - 9 bft and low clouds looks as it wuold/could rain  

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 23,5 km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Inmotion V10F

WHO WAS WITH ME: hope not doing a faceplant

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 3900km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: getting forward despite front wind of 9 bft - but really slow 

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: rain and storm for the last 5 km - got totally wet

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  more than 7 bft is really hard to ride - no fun

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

more than 7 bft is really hard to ride - no fun

If you are referring to the Beaufort scale, then yes I would agree, I think force nine is a gale, correction "strong gale" seas 7m. I bet your down wind rides were "interesting" leaning back and still getting speed warning beeps, not that you would have heard them.:D

Edited by Smoother

3 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Of course - I mean beaufort. 3 days ago I did a ride with gusting up to 9 bft. Incredible - you tare leaning to the front - but your EUC nearly don't move. WIth back wind - it's fine!

Untill you need to break😉

6 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Of course - I mean beaufort. 3 days ago I did a ride with gusting up to 9 bft. Incredible - you tare leaning to the front - but your EUC nearly don't move. WIth back wind - it's fine!

I went out on a day like that last week; very interesting.  I felt like a sail boat, constantly adjusting to the changing wind direction and strength.  It was a lot of fun.  Going down wind was most interesting; standing bolt upright and still doing 30kph :o and yes braking was interesting after that.