I HAD A NICE RIDE TODAY (The Anti Face Plant Thread)

Smoother

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 22 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS 14S   640wh version

22 miles out of a 640Wh battery?  What did you have left at the end?

Sunset cliffs, San Diego, EUC, what's not to love?

Edited by Smoother

On 2/16/2019 at 6:40 PM, Smoother said:

22 miles out of a 640Wh battery?  What did you have left at the end?

Sunset cliffs, San Diego, EUC, what's not to love?

23%. Is that more than expected?

Edited by Flyboy10

17 hours ago, Smoother said:

What's that then?

Yeah. That was a bit cryptic. I am pushing myself to learn maneuvering and sudden stops, usually in empty parking lots but sometimes I do it in situations that aren't safe. I guess it was more of a warning for myself then anything. 

7 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Is that more than expected?

Screenshot_20190216-202043.png

That's pretty good from 640Wh with 23% remaining.  Are you particularly light?  I'm assuming an average 180lb western male. For a reference my 840Wh  16s has a factory rating of around 27 miles, and that is your typical optomistic, perfect conditions- flat road-light rider-carefully ridden-100% full to 0% empty, sort of specification. So, yeah, I'd say that was outstanding.

DAY/WEEKEND FORM. SEE BELOW FOR WEEK TO SEASON TIME FRAME FORM. (COPY AND PASTE, THE SECTION YOU NEED, DO NOT QUOTE)

========================================================================

DATE:

TIME:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL:

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE:

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: 

===============================================================================================================

ALTERNATE TEMPLATE FOR REPORTING A TIME PERIOD OF YOUR CHOICE (WEEK, MONTH, SEASON, ETC) (COPY AND PASTE, DO NOT QUOTE)

=======================

LOCATION(S):

TIME PERIOD:

WEATHER:

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED:

WHO WAS WITH ME:

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL:

BEST MEMORY:

WORST MEMORY:

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: 

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

Are you particularly light?

I'm 140 lbs with my gear 😅. You can see in the video that I went up some pretty steep inclines though. I was riding the beeps the whole time (18 mph is just too slow sometimes) which is why I've ordered the 18XL. I've been wanting to do a range test on that to see if I can hit 80 miles, since I'm a feather weight. 

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

I'm 140 lbs with my gear

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.  And...apparently so are you.:D  There's the answer then,  40lb lighter than an average western male rider. 

Oh, I've been meaning to ask; what happened to the rider of the KS14D(S) that blew a fuse in the middle of the ride?

Edited by Smoother

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

what happened to the rider of the KS14D(S) that blew a fuse in the middle of the ride?

The 14D got picked up and got a replacement fuse and all is well.

• Like 1

This was such a special experience, I still want to share it a few days later:

DATE & TIME: Fri Feb 15. at 23:50 and Sun Feb 17. at 07:00

WEATHER: Clear, -3°C, slight breeze

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 10km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Segway/NineBot MiniPro

WHO WAS WITH ME: 1st: A big bright moon high up. 2nd: A beautiful rosy/golden sunrise.

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 150km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: New experience, and remnants from family skiing trips as a kid.

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Minor shoe incomfort.

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: Grin may freeze on!

Found an approx 4km long cross-country skiing track built around a local golf field. Melting snow had frozen again making it hard, but just brittle enough for the knobby tires to dig in and have a good grip. Easily the most fun I've had all winter!

• Like 2

@mrelwood  cool video! cool, get it?  I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of.  Then I remembered, the last time I went to see a movie at the theater.  There was this guy sitting behind me eating popcorn continuously.:D

LOCATION:Edited to remove locational information due to the boards insistence on revealing who is riding illegally 

DATE: Sun, 17th

TIME: Afternoon

WEATHER: Warm for Feb, about 16 C bright, a bit or wind

DISTANCE TRAVELED: Not much, maybe 5 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Ks16S

WHO WAS WITH ME:  All on my lonesome

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: depends on who you ask

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Watching someone fall into the river XXX(see photo thread for 15th).  He was OK.  Embarrassed mostly, and then freezing, I guess

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Nothing really, a good day to get out by the river and enjoy the simple things in life

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  Watch out for tree roots under blacktop paths, especially in mottled sunlight.  A sudden, unseen tree root, can knock you off your wheel, Don't ask me how I know:facepalm:. No harm, no foul, landed on my feet as always (mostly always).

PHOTO REMOVED.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of.  Then I remembered, the last time I went to see a movie at the theater.  There was this guy sitting behind me eating popcorn continuously.:D

With his mouth open I suppose... ;) The racket was indeed quite prominent as the thin crust of ice gave in for each knob on the tires. I had already forgotten how gliding on the MSX can be so silent! Darn winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: First ride in 2 weeks after dislocating my thumb. Perfectly smooth ride, somewhat slow but very serene. Connected again!

WORST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Anxiety about the first ride after an accident

20190219_161419.jpg

I was hoping for a photo with a thumbs up from you.;)

Edited by Smoother

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

congratulations. You sound like you're in love.

It's an utter joy to ride, although rather a lot of conditioning in terms of strength is going to be necessary, having come from the V5f. I. most certainly am in love though :D

DATE: 20 Feb 2019

TIME: Morning and arvo

WEATHER: 27deg C

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 23km

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: Inmotion V8

WHO WAS WITH ME: no-one

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1400km

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Cruising on the path by the river.  And having my new KS18L delivered during the day!!

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  Avoid busy Brisbane roads where possible...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, smarty said:

BEST FEATURE OF THE RIDE: Cruising on the path by the river.  And having my new KS18L delivered during the day!!

Welcome to the "no drama" thread.  I too, love cruising by water, any water, OK maybe not the sewage treatment plant.  V8 to KS18L? Someones going to enjoy this Autumn.  I guess the floods are over now.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

I think this is my 5th demonstration in 3 different departments at 2 different hospitals plus our local doctors office.

I guess AE doesn't really count as I didn't have my wheel with me at the time due to my crash. ...but in my defense I showed a lot of video clips back then to explain what had happened.

That was a funny read but this bit was funniest.

• Like 1

Washington, DC, USA

DATE:

Monday 2/18/2019

TIME:

12 pm Start 

WEATHER:

Sunny,  Cold, Very windy

DISTANCE TRAVELED:

30 miles

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS18XL

WHO WAS WITH ME:

God and my ancestors

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL:

350 kms

Miles upon miles of beautiful paved trail carving through dense natural forest alongside creeks and river front (Anacostia River)

The cold and the forceful wind blasts; especially near the river. Only completed half of my intended 60 miler because the winds were too high and quickly brought even colder temps for which I was grossly under-dressed to handle.

BEST MEMORY:

Warm, moist baked Spinach Patties at Turning Natural Cafe in Anacostia, Southeast DC. I purchased two to eat there, and four more to share at home with the Queen Bee; absolutely delicious 😋 

WORST MEMORY/EXPERIENCE:

Due to the high winds, I rode the subway home and the platforms and cars were very crowded even on a holiday

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS: 

Never ride EUCs in high wind conditions. 

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Unventor said:

DATE: today 20th Feb 2019

TIME: about 8:45 AM local time

WEATHER: n/a

DISTANCE TRAVELED: 50m

WHICH WHEEL OR MAIN WHEEL USED: KS18L 

WHO WAS WITH ME: a group of nurses

TOTAL DISTANCE ON THIS WHEEL: 1245km

The audience, requested demostratikn of an EUC.

Hallway is only so far

RECOMMENDATIONS/WARNINGS FOR RIDERS:  Only do this upon staff request.

Note: I were at hospital to get my anti-Inflammation drop medication, I get every 8 weeks. The first thing I met was 3 smiling nurses, one saying Hi, I wete just thinking of you as it has been several months since I last met you (apparently sheised 2 of my treatments). I am a fair bit amazed she recalled me. Apparently all the nurses in that department have talked about (me) and my wheel. :thumbup:

Special note: @Hunka Hunka Burning Love are you reading this? Soon time to dust of the EUC of your and ride safely :whistling:

I think this is my 5th demostration in 3 diffrent departments at 2 different hospitals plus our local doctors office.

I guess AE doesn't really count as I didn't have my wheel with me at the time due to my crash. ...but in my defence I showed a lot of video clips back then to explain what had happened. :w00t2:it only took 3 shifts of doctors or about 7 hours of wait time. 

At the time the nurses back then asked how dare to consider to ride a thing (wheel) like that...answer well easy I have @Rehab1 to show me what not to do :P

There is just something about riding inside a hospital upon request, with staffs jaws floor dropping. My biggest audience so far until today is 9 doctors/nurses/admin staff (all females) :laughbounce2:

Nice. 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

That was a funny read but this bit was funniest.

Well not is not always the length....

location location location...

And of course the audience :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

Welcome to the "no drama" thread.  I too, love cruising by water, any water, OK maybe not the sewage treatment plant.  V8 to KS18L? Someones going to enjoy this Autumn.  I guess the floods are over now.

I did same EUC model swap. I can only say I don't look back with any regrets in any situations so fat in fact....

I always ride my KS18L with a big fat smile. 

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Your the man! :cheers: :thumbup:

50 metets :w00t2:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Unventor said:

At the time the nurses back then asked how dare to consider to ride a thing (wheel) like that...answer well easy I have @Rehab1 to show me what not to do :P

Sorry... it looks like you were first. :thumbup: :cheers: Wow everyone is getting in on the act.  

• Like 2