Queen Mary Group Ride for 10Feb2019 - Southern California

Marty Backe

12 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Damn, it’s pouring outside right now (8:12am) and it never rains in Southern California, but the moment when we have friends over...the gods decided to rain on our parade. Til next time gentlemen...be safe, Peace.

I'm glad that you decided to come anyway Yoshi - we had a fantastic ride :thumbup:

Those who attended this ride obviously know that I had a flat on my ACM2 about 2-miles into the ride. I had decided to follow the lead of the other riders and left the sidewalk for the street. Very shortly after that bad decision I ran over something that punctured my tire, spewing Slime everywhere (apparently it looked very cool from behind). With @Sam Clegg's help I Uber'd to my house to swap the ACM2 for my MSX.

The rest of the ride was uneventful in terms of wheel failures.

Today I inspected the tire and found a ~1/4-inch gash in the tread. Nothing was stuck in the tire. So I ran over something that stabbed the tire.

I filled the tire to ~50-psi (normally it's at ~45-psi) and Slime started oozing out of the tire wound. I lifted the tire (outside) and spun it up to maximum speed. I then stepped on the wheel and balance for a little bit. Slime was still leaking a little. I got off, got on, balanced - did this a few times. After about 15-minutes there was no signs of a leak. I rode the wheel for a few miles and it seems to be holding.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Slime is working it's magic on this puncture.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

With @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", @Tanabe, @Sam Clegg, @who_the, Miles Garnier, Vano, and Nicolas Otala. @YoshiSkySun left earlier and missed the fun.

Looks like a blast! This looks like the sun was setting! Were you guys out all day after starting at 10?!? Maybe y'all recharged and sat at Hooters long enough to go cross-eyed, with tongues wagging...😜

13 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Looks like a blast! This looks like the sun was setting! Were you guys out all day after starting at 10?!? Maybe y'all recharged and sat at Hooters long enough to go cross-eyed, with tongues wagging...😜

We got back to the cars after 7pm. Epic ride :D

8 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Yeah no big deal. Only 9 hours of riding...🤪

Too bad you couldn't have made it. I think you would have had a blast in so many different circumstances of this ride. And you would have broken the Gotway monopoly :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Too bad you couldn't have made it. I think you would have had a blast in so many different circumstances of this ride. And you would have broken the Gotway monopoly :lol: 

I would have had to bail by 1:30 anyway for work...,😪

Archived