Queen Mary Group Ride for 10Feb2019 - Southern California

Marty Backe

Join us as we host a river ride for our visiting San Francisco riders; @who_the, Miles, and Anthony Vano. They are looking for epic river ride and that's what we're providing :D

This is a 45 to 50 mile ride lasting between 5 and 6 hours, including a lunch break. You know your wheel, but any 1600wh+ EUC should be fine. For example, my MSX has done this loop with ~20-percent battery remaining at the end.

We will leave Downey, travel south on the Rio Hondo River, visit the Queen Mary, eat lunch along the Long Beach Oceanside, proceed along the ocean to Seal Beach, and return to Downey via the San Gabriel river (including a long stretch inside the river, conditions permitting).

39583106864_9b4d3a8cda_b.jpg

We will gather starting at ~9:30am for a prompt departure at 10am (so we can return before Sunset). The meetup location is the Sears parking lot in the Stonewood Shopping Center. Here's the Google Map Pin

RSVP here if you want to let us know that you'll be joining. Also, if the weather is iffy, visit this page the morning of the ride to learn if it's been cancelled (sorry Jesse, we don't ride down here when it rains :efee6b18f3:)

Hope you can join us

Inactive Members

@enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan

Maybe Someday Members

@nbxpq3 @Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear @Tanabe @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas @Dzlchef @mango_fpv @tihoa @tihoa

Active Members

@csmyers @noisycarlos @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Mimir @Nick McCutcheon @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

5 minutes ago, mango_fpv said:

sweet!  thanks for invite...Are ninebots also welcome?  I have freinds who havent made the jump into a long range yet.  Thanks!

I imagine anything is invited. Just keep in mind that if you want to do the whole ride you need a 50-mile wheel. But people can always ride half the distance of their wheel and turn around at that point.

WOW can't wait, this will be awesome. Been wanting to do this ride with you guys for some time, glad to finally have the chance.

Hope lots of riders can come out! Will be great to see how much the LAEUC community has grown.

Not sure how it works on your guys' rides, but up here shorter-range riders usually either join at the beginning and Uber back, or meet up with us at some point along the way (preferably within range of lunch) and then join us for a portion of the ride.

A few of us are coming down from the Bay Area for the weekend. Riding Friday night with Boosted/e-skaters, a 50-mile ride Saturday at the Tour de Palm Springs, and then Sunday on this ride! 

https://www.facebook.com/events/303859973664579/

8 hours ago, who_the said:

WOW can't wait, this will be awesome. Been wanting to do this ride with you guys for some time, glad to finally have the chance.

Hope lots of riders can come out! Will be great to see how much the LAEUC community has grown.

Not sure how it works on your guys' rides, but up here shorter-range riders usually either join at the beginning and Uber back, or meet up with us at some point along the way (preferably within range of lunch) and then join us for a portion of the ride.

A few of us are coming down from the Bay Area for the weekend. Riding Friday night with Boosted/e-skaters, a 50-mile ride Saturday at the Tour de Palm Springs, and then Sunday on this ride! 

https://www.facebook.com/events/303859973664579/

Tour de Palm Springs? This looks interesting. From their website FAQ it doesn't look very friendly towards anything electric. What's the scoop behind thing. Is this open to other people (like me)?

Are you actually registering or just tagging along?

1 hour ago, mango_fpv said:

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here, but has anyone done night rides or is that too risky?  Thanks!

Night rides are aaaaahmazing! Just know the terrain, and have a good headlight as well as other light up gear...😎

received_230247897912668.jpeg

3 hours ago, mango_fpv said:

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here, but has anyone done night rides or is that too risky?  Thanks!

Yes. We did a full-moon night ride at Griffith Park last year. We also did a Griffith Park night ride on July 4th to watch the fireworks on top of the Hollywood Sign. Going to do it this year too.

4 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Hopefully, we can introduce them to the sea turtles...

I've been through there so many times, including with @Rama Douglas a couple of weeks ago. Never seen a turtle, and I look every time. I'm beginning to think it's a story you're telling us :lol:

5 hours ago, mango_fpv said:

Bay Area crew (three of us) is planning on riding Friday night, possibly with the LA Boosted crew. Last time we came down it was fun doing a night ride through Hollywood to Koreatown for some fried chicken and Brass Monkey karaoke! If we can firm up the details I'll post the ride for those who are interested.

18 hours ago, who_the said:

Bay Area crew (three of us) is planning on riding Friday night, possibly with the LA Boosted crew. Last time we came down it was fun doing a night ride through Hollywood to Koreatown for some fried chicken and Brass Monkey karaoke! If we can firm up the details I'll post the ride for those who are interested.

Awesome!  gonna try and get neopixel LEDs on my Tesla for that night...#fun #yolo #lesgo

On 1/28/2019 at 8:52 PM, Marty Backe said:

I've been through there so many times, including with @Rama Douglas a couple of weeks ago. Never seen a turtle, and I look every time. I'm beginning to think it's a story you're telling us 

These elusive mystical sea creatures will only manifest themselves if you chant the magic words: “Hey, I got some sea weed, wanna get high?!”

Would love to do this, but I only have the old Airwheel from the early days. Would love to meet up, check out the new wheels.

Do you have lunch meeting time and location yet?

1 hour ago, MRS said:

Would love to do this, but I only have the old Airwheel from the early days. Would love to meet up, check out the new wheels.

Do you have lunch meeting time and location yet?

I'm anticipating that we grab some food at Hooters along the oceanside - they can easily accommodate our wheels and the service is fast.

Our ride times are very dynamic so it's impossible to predict where we will be and when. I can say we'll be riding around the Queen Mary some time between 11am and 1pm

The only certain time is the beginning at 10am.

32 minutes ago, who_the said:

See you Sunday morning!

Hopefully we'll get some attendance. The weather is not helping. The predicted high for Sunday is 58-degrees. I myself have never gone riding when it's that cold - I need to scrounge up some clothes that will keep me warm, otherwise it won't be fun :cry2:

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hopefully we'll get some attendance. The weather is not helping. The predicted high for Sunday is 58-degrees. I myself have never gone riding when it's that cold - I need to scrounge up some clothes that will keep me warm, otherwise it won't be fun :cry2:

LoL! I can ride a bit longer with y'all Sunday morning. My call time was pushed back to 2:30, so maybe I can look at boobs with you too, if Hooters is still the plan...😜

45 minutes ago, IRK said:

Gotta get me a 1600 so I won’t miss out on these rides!

You don't have to do the whole ride. Even if you ride with us for 10-miles and then turn around, you might enjoy some of the camaraderie. Other people have joined us for partial rides and have always been glad that they did so. Just a thought :)

On 2/6/2019 at 10:48 PM, Marty Backe said:

You don't have to do the whole ride. Even if you ride with us for 10-miles and then turn around, you might enjoy some of the camaraderie. Other people have joined us for partial rides and have always been glad that they did so. Just a thought :)

Maybe I will can swing down. Will let you know. 

im going. see you guys sunday. :lol:

On 1/30/2019 at 8:28 AM, YoshiSkySun said:

These elusive mystical sea creatures will only manifest themselves if you chant the magic words: “Hey, I got some sea weed, wanna get high?!”

bring some sea weed. :D:D:D

Archived