Kingsong app and stats....

Ande

Hi all. I have the KS18L. Do I need to register my details on the app, which I haven’t done as yet?  At the moment, the app doesn’t seem to be gathering any data, apart from the total distance travelled, and the state of the battery. It has my top speed as 0.74kmh, and even I know that’s way off, lol. If I register, will it start collecting data properly, or is the app just crap?

Early on, it was fairly essential to keep up with some updates they did to FW. I was one of the lucky ones that had 2 lock-ups that required me to take the shells off as quickly as I could before my wheel melted. They seemed to have fixed that for me with a FW update. KS even worked with my vendor to get me a special FW 1.10 fix. I have not updated since. I think I had to register to get the FW updates...not sure. Last year, the app was really bad...I couldn't even log into my original account that I used on my previous wheel as it would not let me reset my old password...so I had to use another email to register the account. Their latest app is a little better, and offers some good features for the 18L (like setting the LED light display up how you want with several options).

In fact, I just used the app 5 mins ago to check my mileage....over 1100 miles now. But I generally do not use it.

In general , many people prefer the WheelLog app (now available on the android store). I just tried that one and it would not connect with 3 tries (tried that first before using the KS app which connected right away).

You really don't need the aps to ride. And if you want music you can just connect to the BT music channel without the app to play audio.

Have fun!

Thanks for the reply. I’ve registered on the app now, and will have a bit of a play tomorrow and see if it brings anything new.  I haven’t been able to set speed and warning thresholds yet, so am hoping that I now can.

Archived