Fast Chargers for MSX?

Hey guys. I think I’ve seen it on here some time before, but i just can’t find the post.

So I’m probably recieving my MSX 84V tomorrow, and hence I’m now looking for some fast charger. Is there any fast charger on aliexpress, or can i get it from somewhere else (im located in sweden, so Europe is preferred). 

Also I’m curios about the charge doctor.

If you guys know which ones i should get, could you please posts links to them?

Thank you so much in advance!

Sebastian 

• Upvote 1

AliExpress you have to look for yourself.

German shop, 5A charger, 100€ (free shipping): https://www.1radwerkstatt.de/epages/80603321.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F80603321%2FProducts%2FCharger%2FSubProducts%2FCharger-0006

PL shop, 3.5A charger, 88€: https://eunicycles.eu/en/chargers/82-fast-charger-300w-gotway-84v.html

They also have a 3.5A "smart charger" for 112€: https://eunicycles.eu/en/chargers/83-smart-charger-300w-gotway-84v.html

There will be other Euro shops who sell them, too.

@meepmeepmayer is there any thread or section over all the various chargers mentioned on this forum? Chargers are still something that I don't know much about, but I want to know much more. It would be nice for new riders to have a wealth of info on chargers and batteries like the "learning to ride EUC" thread.

2 hours ago, Sekra said:

Also I’m curios about the charge doctor.

Information on his web site:

http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/06/charge-doctor-v2-10a-3/

Regarding chargers one could also take a look at the "Cycle Satiator" chargers :D - by far the most expensive but very versatile and with nice specs...

If you decide to buy from aliexpress some cheap one, think of buying 2-3 so you already have some spare charger in case you need one. They should be more or less the same as delivered originally with the wheels, but costing almost nothing...

Here is one old but interesting topic about details of an aliexpress charger:

33 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

@meepmeepmayer is there any thread or section over all the various chargers mentioned on this forum?

No. Everything mixed up and hidden in the different topics...

I like to use google search with the "site:" keyword.

33 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Chargers are still something that I don't know much about, but I want to know much more. It would be nice for new riders to have a wealth of info on chargers and batteries like the "learning to ride EUC" thread.

batteryuniversity.com is a great source for information on li ion batteries!

• Upvote 1

If you want cheap yet effective here in EU asap not mess around with long shipping times, well..

May I suggest the 84V/5A C600  I am using from 1radwerkstatt, same as Speedyfeet also sell so you have that choice as well, I cannot tell you where to go and when to pay etc that is all up to you of course and I have bought from both these guys and very happy with them both, I bought buy my charger from 1Radwerkstatt cause I asked him first and he offered a amazing price for right off the bat so nothing to argue about,  was a good price and very happy.

• Like 1

Just sharing my experience. If you have any other electric rideable other than you msx, the Cycle Satiator is worth it. These chinese fast chargers have all the same in common which is the failure rate. One for my ebike from Luna Cycle, and one from eWheels, both of which just failed using it at full capacity all the time. Maybe its just my luck(or lack thereof) but i believe in spending money for quality now rather then cheaping out now then spending more in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is the Cycle Satiator available in the EU, anyone, at a fair price I may add?

I understand here in Sweden (and EU in general) we always pay more than those in the US, but that differences can sometimes be so much it is just not reasonable and reach a point where you start to say no just out of principles even if you could afford it.  When I try to explain this to friends located in the US sometimes it is often lost on them, they just don't get how good they have it there when time come to shop, also why it come across so strange to me when I hear complains about prices there from them. :lol:

Do love eWheels superb service though and looked at his chargers, when you ask Jason is just so darn honest he tell you flat out it is not worth it when I want a wheel or some heavy stuff from there, shipping add a lot but also it will get stuck in customs here and they will apply all of those insane taxes and customs fees, no way around that for a US package sadly.

I have been very lucky with China chargers so far, none broken down and I have a few for a wide range of applications, the idea of this one charger though is so darn appealing to me and stop it at 90% without charge add ons, timers etc. Must investigate, thanks for reminding me about this one.

• Like 1

Is Cycle Satiator capable of charging a 100 volt battery system though? 52V is the highest voltage I see in the Amazon app description. Maybe there's more powerful versions? I'm uneducated when it comes to batteries and charger so maybe it will work. I just don't want to hook my Gotway up to some charger and it fry it. I'm not necessarily worrying about extending the life of my battery more so than I just want it to charge fast.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Is Cycle Satiator capable of charging a 100 volt battery system though? 52V is the highest voltage I see in the Amazon app description. Maybe there's more powerful versions? I'm uneducated when it comes to batteries and charger so maybe it will work. I just don't want to hook my Gotway up to some charger and it fry it. I'm not necessarily worrying about extending the life of my battery more so than I just want it to charge fast.

Theres 3 flavors: max 36v, 15amp... max 63v, 8amp... max 103v, 5amp.

Got these from their website. The charger is programmable with profiles to charge lithium, lead acid, i think even ni-cad but i forgot. Basically just look at your original charger and copy the max voltage. I bought the 103v charger because i was thinking of getting a 100v wheel before so it only comes up to 5amps which the msx charge port can handle no problem. Setting up profile is easy and only need to be done once, I made profiles to charge my ebike and my ks16s.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

There's 3 versions.

The one you saw was 48V 8A Cycle Satiator, capable of full charging up to 63V / 15S (Amazon), so for EUC purpose, basically only Ninebots.

The 72V 5A Cycle Satiator is capable of full charging up to 103V / ~24S (Amazon)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Tanabe @houseofjob thanks a bunch, fellas. Definitely going to get one of these. 

Mind you, it requires soldering your own XLR connectors, they only offer the other ends in common eBike standards like Anderson, XT60, XLR, etc., and not the EUC connections.

• Like 2

My new  Mten3 came with a new Gotway charger 2.8 A instead of 1.5 :)

Not bought on Ali tough but with local retailer that ordered the wheel from Gotway in China 3 weeks ago.

Edited by Vanzen
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Vanzen said:

My new  Mten3 came with a new Gotway charger 2.8 A instead of 1.5 :)

Wow cool! Maybe they increased the power of the standard charger! I hope this isn't just an exception.

Could you please post a picture of the charger? I assume it's bigger than the normal one?

• 3 months later...

hi can I use charger 3A of rockwheel gt16 instead standard charger 1.5A of gotway msx super?

I attached here a picture of both charger. 

I know, I need an adapter plug.

If yes, can I use two chargers of 3A together to charge my MSX throught to a "V" wire adater? I shoud charge my wheel in this way at 6Amp/h instead 1,5. Four times speedier. Is it correct? Could I damage battery?

IMG_3211.JPG