Remind me why a KS 18XL is worth the price...

FlyboyEUC

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

It took me years to learn, I bought my first wheel back in Jan 2014, thought it was impossible to learn.  It wasn’t until 2017 where I had the resolve to learn it after watching all the learning videos out there.   Wasn’t months, it was years for me. I just didn’t understand the learning process back then. Now I know I can learn anything, just need practice and time.  The brain is amazing.  

Then how long did learning a wheel take you, if we exclude downtime? Like actual minutes with hands/feet on. I did know you took around 4 or 5 hours with a mechanical unicycle, where most people take 15 hours, so I'm guessing it took perhaps 40 minutes actual time.

2 to 4 hours seems average for people learning alone.

16 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Then how long did learning a wheel take you, if we exclude downtime? Like actual minutes with hands/feet on. I did know you took around 4 or 5 hours with a mechanical unicycle, where most people take 15 hours, so I'm guessing it took perhaps 40 minutes actual time.

2 to 4 hours seems average for people learning alone.

Took me when I really put some effort a few sessions of 15-30 minutes.  I would say 2 hours at most to learn going forward.  The "click".  But as you know every little thing requires learning.  So I spent the next two month riding and learning everything from turning to backwards and then seated riding.  I immediately bought a Ninebot One C+ after I clicked.  Used that for about a month before I got the KS16 and then shortly after a 18S.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, LZMutant said:

Two reasons I’m glad I started small/inexpensive are:

<snip>

Really glad I measured twice and cut once on this one.

Completely agreed - I picked up a barely used V3Pro for small money, after having tried my partner's V5F and doing horribly at it, and wasn't entirely sure I'd ever be able to ride EUCs at all. I picked it up 19 Nov 2018, and as of today, have also spent at least a few minutes each on (thanks to partner, and the local community):

V5F (~15km), V8 (~10km), MSX (<1km, so smoooooth tho), KS -16S (~50km, what a lovely wheel), KS-18L (<1km, but what utter glory)

As I type, I'm ~2.5 weeks away from making the last payment on and picking up the 18L (that one ride was my test ride before deciding on it :D), which will be an amazing upgrade to the commute.

And it's all thanks to the happy little V3Pro ^_^ 

Archived