new up and coming EUC's

Tsavage

Hi all,

Im quite new to EUC, got my first EUC - a V5F about 4 weeks ago to learn on. Now its time to upgrade, however does anyone know if there are any new wheels coming to the market soon that may be worth waiting for? If so what vendors are looking to release a new wheel -and are there any details about them?

FYI i am looking at either - z10 / msx 84/100v / kingsong 18XL

Thanks all!

While I currently have an MSuper X 100V on its way, if money was not taken into account I would probably go for the Kingsong 18XL

For me:

Z10 - The least interesting of the three. Impressive to look at, but not as maneuverable / easy to ride with its thick tyre, odd trolley handle, poor mud protection, too easy to turn off

MSuper X - Fastest, good range, unusual pedal design, mud guard is an addition

Kingsong 18XL - Great range, good pedals, best trolley handle, automatic motor switch off when lifted up, most maneuverable, fast enough. Unfortunately the most expensive :)

I concluded exhaustive research prior to my first purchase, and nearly every resource (including our leading NA distributor and guru, Jason@eWheels) pointed to the KS 18XL as the wheel to own... wallet-willing, of course.  :P

I imported my MSuper X 100v from AliExpress. The cost at the time (there was a sale when I bought it) was $1741 from "Green and fashion travelling shop", which equates to around £1350. I asked for, and got, a mudguard thrown in too.

The KS18XL doesn't seem to be as readily available to import, with Speedyfeet currently only having the 18L at £1579 and KingSong Europe being 2499 Euro (£2200)

• 2 weeks later...

Your question was, which up and coming wheels you maybe should hold out for. There's the GW Nikola poised to ship, and King Song is supposedly developing a 16x. rumoured to be a 16s with 1600Wh battery.  That's all I know about.

The problem is if you wait for these, you will hear of other up and coming wheels, so there is never a good time to bite the bullet.

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

The problem is if you wait for these, you will hear of other up and coming wheels, so there is never a good time to bite the bullet.

On Point!!!

Apart from that I would not recommend to buy the first batch of anything, especially on a niche product line like EUCs. You will be beta test person if wanted or not, independent of brand. Current models are evolved a lot and newer ones only slightly get better in my opinion. If you consider anything on the market longer than one year you won't hazzle with design flaws from so called novelties. Leave that to the "looking-for-trouble" folks...:innocent1:

48 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Leave that to the "looking-for-trouble" folks...:innocent1:

TROUBLE!! .... where!? :w00t2: .....oh .....   :unsure:

Where is your sense of adventure and lack of respect for financial responsibility?

You are right though. It is usually better to wait for the second batch and proper reviews. The words" old faithful" are more reassuring to me than " latest and greatest" 

Sure you are right too. We all need those new frontiers detecting all bugs on new releases, otherways no progress to expect for common users. Just having done this often in the past on other products I see the downside more clearly getting older. But I don't regret at all (OK - palm face for some decisions..:facepalm:)

My advice was either adresssed towards our user not being sure what to chose for 1st upgrade. I only wanted to prevent him from going the hard way to soon.

Someday he might be ready for that...

On 2/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, Smoother said:

Hard to believe @Marty Backe has any teeth left from all of the bullets he’s chomped down on. :)

Archived