Jump to content
Barrett Roberts

So I’ve stopped riding everything but my Z10

Recommended Posts

Hey All!

Haven’t been around in a while but I needed to stop by and get some advice.  Since I got my Z10 I just don’t really want to ride any of my other wheels.  Had no trouble selling my Onewheel for $1000 which was a shock but I wanted to see what you all felt was a fair price for an almost new KS-14S and bruised up KS18S (first wheel).  

Thanks!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That really is a thumbs up for the Z10

No idea on prices but KS18S should shift easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

That really is a thumbs up for the Z10

No idea on prices but KS18S should shift easy

Appreciate it.  The Z10 is a weird animal.  It’s kinda squirrelly.   Turns like a tank.  Bounces like crazy but I still love it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Z10 is my favorite wheel by far.  Battery life and the speaker are the only weak points, but the ride is superior to anything else I’ve ridden.  I can’t say I blame you for selling your other wheels.

Edited by Gadgetfann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gadgetfann said:

The Z10 is my favorite wheel by far.  Battery life and the speaker are the only weak points, but the ride is superior to anything else I’ve ridden.  I can’t say I blame you for selling your other wheels.

You can’t fault the wheel for having something barely any other wheel has except the king songs (music speakers). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, but with my helmet on I’d like to be able to hear the beeps.  It’s more of a safety issue than anything.  The KingSong is exceptionally loud.  Louder speakers and more range would make the Z10 perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gadgetfann said:

True, but with my helmet on I’d like to be able to hear the beeps.  It’s more of a safety issue than anything.  The KingSong is exceptionally loud.  Louder speakers and more range would make the Z10 perfect. 

Ah I see, thought you were talking about the low volume music. What kind of helmet do you have? Some people have complained of not hearing gotway beeps and are wearing motorcycle helmets designed to stifle sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

And it's funny how people become blinded by the performance of the MSX and excuse everything else about it.

Amen🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Ah I see, thought you were talking about the low volume music. What kind of helmet do you have? Some people have complained of not hearing gotway beeps and are wearing motorcycle helmets designed to stifle sound. 

I wear a POC Artic SL spin helmet.  It’s like an open face motorcycle helmet, but has a chin Guard, which I hope will help if I ever faceplant. I can hear beeps on my KingSong wheel loud and clear at all speeds, but struggle to hear anything after 20mph on the Z10.  That’s really my only annoyance other than the speed throttling at 50% battery life.  The Z10 is the wheel I always grab every time I go out for a short trip.  For longer rides, I take the KingSong 18L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, houseofjob said:

And it's funny how people become blinded by the performance of the MSX and excuse everything else about it.

The best part about it is that it is not like the other wheels. Just picture someone standing in front of a race car and saying, "And it's funny how people become blinded by the performance of the Indy Car and excuse everything else about it." :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

The best part about it is that it is not like the other wheels. Just picture someone standing in front of a race car and saying, "And it's funny how people become blinded by the performance of the Indy Car and excuse everything else about it." :P

If they use that Indy car mostly on a track then excusing everything else is reasonable because that's an appropriate use case for an Indy car. However, I would have a pretty strong opinion of someone using it as a commuter car to drop the kiddies off at school and get to work "excusing everything else about it." :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

If they use that Indy car mostly on a track then excusing everything else is reasonable because that's an appropriate use case for an Indy car. However, I would have a pretty strong opinion of someone using it as a commuter car to drop the kiddies off at school and get to work "excusing everything else about it." :)

 This from a guy that rides a sports bike? :blink1: I have had plenty of race cars more fitted to the road than a sports bike. 

 It is all about trade offs. The point is that we do not all use EUC’s for the same purposes or on the same surfaces. We have different riding styles and preferences. I am very grateful that most of the wheels are very different. I just wish that the differences were more advertised. Figuratively speaking we have people off roading on Harleys and cruising on CRs then complaining about the short comings. “ CRs suck! The top cruising speed is 80 MPH and it dose not even have a radio. -No Harleys suck! Mine got stuck  in the parking lot at the motocross track!” 

Edited by RockyTop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

This from a guy that rides a sports bike? :blink1: I have had plenty of race cars more fitted to the road than a sports bike. 

;) sports bike. Not race bike. Designed specifically with hybrid use purpose in mind; no fitting necessary. Not the most comfortable roadgoing bike; but comfortable. Not the fastest around the track; but very fast and capable. 

Customizing/fitting a race car for road use is an altogether different point from a specialized unit that is functionally a fish out of water being rationalized as suitable for a purpose which it was not intended or adequately suited.

The overall point I was trying to get at is that desire has a "blinding" effect on judgement and sensibilities that may challenge the reasonableness of a given desire. We see this at work with most things including how we rationalize the functional shortcomings of some types of EUCs because we desire something emotional that one may feel a particular wheel offers.

I have seen how desire can work against judgement.  I have been there with certain females that I am now hoping won't find me on Facebook and try to friend me; Judgement has demolished desire :D:D:D:D

Edited by Lutalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

But also when you claim the MSX is more comfortable... highly agree to disagree.

@houseofjob is absolutely correct here. At the moment I own five Gotway wheels, and by far the MSX is the most uncomfortable to ride.  Yes, I still ride it almost daily, even to work today at 5f, temps out there... but its just not as ergonomically designed as my other wheels. Gotway did fail at this with the MSX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

@houseofjob is absolutely correct here. At the moment I own five Gotway wheels, and by far the MSX is the most uncomfortable to ride.  Yes, I still ride it almost daily, even to work today at 5f, temps out there... but its just not as ergonomically designed as my other wheels. Gotway did fail at this with the MSX.

Personnal feeling of course.

I ve done  the past week the EXACT same trips with the MSX as I had with my Z10.

Average 40 miles trips, mix of heavy traffic city (Paris), cyclable tracks and  forest tracks. Each time at the end of the 3/4 hours it took me, I noticed the same thing.

 I was way less tired with the MSX than I had been with the Z10. It always took me some constant efforts of concentration and alway felt a bit under stress with the Z10, even after 1200km, due to its erratic behaviour. 

I loved the sensations that the Z10 provides but ...

With the MSX its a walk in the park, whatever the surface and its condition, the environment, etc .

Personnal feeling of course :) 

Edited by Vanzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Vanzen said:

Personnal feeling of course.

I ve done  the past week the EXACT same trips with the MSX as I had with my Z10.

Average 40 miles trips, mix of heavy traffic city (Paris), cyclable tracks and  forest tracks. Each time at the end of the 3/4 hours it took me, I noticed the same thing.

 I was way less tired with the MSX than I had been with the Z10. It always took me some constant efforts of concentration and alway felt a bit under stress with the Z10, even after 1200km, due to its erratic behaviour. 

I loved the sensations that the Z10 provides but ...

With the MSX its a walk in the park, whatever the surface and its condition, the environment, etc .

Personnal feeling of course :) 

Love the MSX but i have to agree it’s a very uncomfortable wheel in its stock setup. If I stop riding it for three or four days then I have to get used to the steep angled pedals all over and foot fatigue sets in within 30 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, I have zero foot fatigue due to angled pedals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vanzen

Sorry, I don't judge wheels after just a week ownership, we all have initial buyers euphoria thinking that the wheel we purchased is the bestest of best wheels ever, ... and you should, you paid your hard earned money for it.

This, FWIW, is also why I don't give much credence (sorry) to opinions formulated so early into one's ownership, even my own.

But I've ridden both Z and MSX extensively now since both wheels came out.

And I could care less about brand loyalty.

After riding every new EUC make and model since 2016 except the now defunct UniWheel and iPS i5, saying the MSX is comfortable just means you haven't ridden enough different wheels, or are just too new and devoted to your current new purchase to be reasoned with, which is, again, understandable: we've all been there.

But if I offered an experienced rider an MSX motor outfitted with any other Gotway shell ergonomics (like a blown up MCM5 ergo), they would take the Frankenstein Gotway over the stock MSX every day.

And this is not just my opinion, it's the prevailing opinion of satisfied MSX diehard owners here in NYC, who have ridden their wheels daily since the MSX launch.

Edited by houseofjob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Vanzen

Sorry, I don't judge wheels after just a week ownership, we all have initial buyers euphoria thinking that the wheel we purchased is the bestest of best wheels ever, ... and you should, you paid your hard earned money for it.

This, FWIW, is also why I don't give much credence (sorry) to opinions formulated so early into one's ownership, even my own.

But I've ridden both Z and MSX extensively now since both wheels came out.

And I could care less about brand loyalty.

After riding every new EUC make and model since 2016 except the now defunct UniWheel and iPS i5, saying the MSX is comfortable just means you haven't ridden enough different wheels, or are just too new and devoted to your current new purchase to be reasoned with, which is, again, understandable: we've all been there.

But if I offered an experienced rider an MSX motor outfitted with any other Gotway shell ergonomics, they would take the Frankenstein Gotway over the stock MSX every day.

And this is not just my opinion, it's the prevailing opinion of satisfied MSX diehard owners here in NYC, who have ridden their wheels daily since the MSX launch.

Well you might be right.

I only have 3000km of riding with V5F, KS18, MCM5,MTEN3, Z10, Z6. Its not that much, I know.

As I repeat its only a personnal feeling. 

I can assure you I didnt have initial buyers euphoria with the Z10, I even thought I would get rid of it as soon as I could at the beginning, but I knew it might be a matter of practice and I learned to enjoy it.

I didnt have initial  buyers euphoria with the KS18 that I sold back after 200km, so boring I found this wheel. And not manoeuvrable enought in the city.

I had initial buyers euphoria though with the MCM5, perfect for the city, but with not enough range.

But I admit it, I have initial buyer euphoria with the MSX that I find absolutely awesome in every aspect and situation and I dont see why it would change.

Edited by Vanzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...