So I’ve stopped riding everything but my Z10

Barrett Roberts

On 1/21/2019 at 11:42 AM, Marty Backe said:

love my Gotway wheels, but damn, I still find myself reaching for the Z10 an awful lot. It has flaws (don't they all), but it's such a fun wheel and, knock on wood, mine is still working great. And yes, it's very comfortable to ride compared to most of my Gotway wheels

This is what I find as well. I barely ride my msx and my v10f even less. There’s just something about the z10 that gives me more confidence to ride differently, more aggressive. I like the z10 so much I’m actually considering selling my msx . I really just don’t want to ride it, the ride quality is nowhere near that of the z10 and imo not nearly as enjoyable. If only there was a bigger battery in the z10. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jpd said:

This is what I find as well. I barely ride my msx and my v10f even less. There’s just something about the z10 that gives me more confidence to ride differently, more aggressive. I like the z10 so much I’m actually considering selling my msx . I really just don’t want to ride it, the ride quality is nowhere near that of the z10 and imo not nearly as enjoyable. If only there was a bigger battery in the z10. 

Different riders for sure. I’m considering selling my Z10 because I keep wishing i had grabbed the MSX everytime I’m on the Z! I reach for the Z10 for all my grocery/food/store runs because of how cool it looks and the trolley is better and holding bags on one hand while riding doesn’t really effect the Z like on other wheels.

Other than that, every time i take the Z10 out I wish I had picked the MSX 😄 It’s just too slow where I’m at and the pedals are too low. I actually fell the other day for the first time on it, suspiciously after I had just slimed the tire. I was going real slow but saw a cute girl on campus and decided to show off and tried to carve hard but forgot the Z only let’s you motorcycle lean when it’s going fast😳 ended up clipping the pedals turning too sharp and falling on my side, no harm done, laughing it off. This girl came rushing up to me asking if I was okay, but not the one I was showing off for 😂 

But yeah, the MSX is just such a performance wheel.

When you say the Z let’s you ride differently, more agggresively; you literally have to though. That’s just how you ride it compared to other wheels. But it’s so sluggish off the line and just forget about climbing hills with any speed on it.

The MSX is 5+MPH faster. It’s such a dramatic difference that extra speed gives you and the MSX accelerates way faster/easier since you can grab it unlike the Z. The height of the pedals gives you supreme confidence in taking sharp turns at ANY speed without worry of clipping them. With the Z I have to worry about if I’m going fast enough to dive into this turn and hoping the wheel fights me or else I’m scraping pedals.

Since I can grab the MSX I can literally fall forward as hard as I need to to accelerate out of danger and the MSX got me. The Z you can’t grab it, you’ll fall at a pathetic angle or at least feel like the wheel won’t catch you in time.

Braking... MSX you can just grab the wheel and crank it back to stop. Z you have to do fancy slaloms just to shave off speed when braking 😄 Don’t forget about the speed throttling. 28.6 already feels too slow on such a wide wheel, once it starts throttling I’m done with the wheel for the day. The MSX I can’t ever get it to throttle for the day. 

32 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Different riders for sure. I’m considering selling my Z10 because I keep wishing i had grabbed the MSX everytime I’m on the Z! I reach for the Z10 for all my grocery/food/store runs because of how cool it looks and the trolley is better and holding bags on one hand while riding doesn’t really effect the Z like on other wheels.

Other than that, every time i take the Z10 out I wish I had picked the MSX 😄 It’s just too slow where I’m at and the pedals are too low. I actually fell the other day for the first time on it, suspiciously after I had just slimed the tire. I was going real slow but saw a cute girl on campus and decided to show off and tried to carve hard but forgot the Z only let’s you motorcycle lean when it’s going fast😳 ended up clipping the pedals turning too sharp and falling on my side, no harm done, laughing it off. This girl came rushing up to me asking if I was okay, but not the one I was showing off for 😂 

But yeah, the MSX is just such a performance wheel.

When you say the Z let’s you ride differently, more agggresively; you literally have to though. That’s just how you ride it compared to other wheels. But it’s so sluggish off the line and just forget about climbing hills with any speed on it.

The MSX is 5+MPH faster. It’s such a dramatic difference that extra speed gives you and the MSX accelerates way faster/easier since you can grab it unlike the Z. The height of the pedals gives you supreme confidence in taking sharp turns at ANY speed without worry of clipping them. With the Z I have to worry about if I’m going fast enough to dive into this turn and hoping the wheel fights me or else I’m scraping pedals.

Since I can grab the MSX I can literally fall forward as hard as I need to to accelerate out of danger and the MSX got me. The Z you can’t grab it, you’ll fall at a pathetic angle or at least feel like the wheel won’t catch you in time.

Braking... MSX you can just grab the wheel and crank it back to stop. Z you have to do fancy slaloms just to shave off speed when braking 😄 Don’t forget about the speed throttling. 28.6 already feels too slow on such a wide wheel, once it starts throttling I’m done with the wheel for the day. The MSX I can’t ever get it to throttle for the day. 

That's why I'm keeping my MSX - what you say. But for a lot of pedestrian riding, the Z10 is a funner wheel for me. And I'm afraid I'm a forever sub-25mph rider now so I never feel like the Z10 is slow.

If you do sell your Z10, it should be a fast sell for you.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's why I'm keeping my MSX - what you say. But for a lot of pedestrian riding, the Z10 is a funner wheel for me. And I'm afraid I'm a forever sub-25mph rider now so I never feel like the Z10 is slow.

If you do sell your Z10, it should be a fast sell for you.

For pedestrian riding it’s the most fun wheel for sure. I had once delegated the honor of grocery getting to my minipros because of the two wheel stability when carrying things and against side winds but I guess now all my Ninebots are relegated to grocery duty 😂 

I doubt I’ll sell it, until I get that mten3 😉

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

For pedestrian riding it’s the most fun wheel for sure. I had once delegated the honor of grocery getting to my minipros because of the two wheel stability when carrying things and against side winds but I guess now all my Ninebots are relegated to grocery duty 😂 

I doubt I’ll sell it, until I get that mten3 😉

BTW, totally unrelated to anything, and I'm almost afraid to ask because it may show some total ignorance on my part, but which guy in your profile picture is you and why are you guys holding a shoe? :unsure:  :)

4 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

I was going real slow but saw a cute girl on campus and decided to show off and tried to carve hard but forgot the Z only let’s you motorcycle lean when it’s going fast😳 ended up clipping the pedals turning too sharp and falling on my side, no harm done, laughing it off. This girl came rushing up to me asking if I was okay, but not the one I was showing off for 😂 

:roflmao:Hillarious.  I love" showing off" stories; you know there's always a good ending just around the corner.  I frequently post warnings not to show off, but then, if no body showed off, these classic stories would dry up.

Although........wiping out in front of a hottie, might just be the ice breaker one needs.  Hopefully nothing else breaks.  I think the trick is to wipe out in her path so she has to physically step over your body to ignore you.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, totally unrelated to anything, and I'm almost afraid to ask because it may show some total ignorance on my part, but which guy in your profile picture is you and why are you guys holding a shoe? :unsure:  :)

😄 I’m the shorter guy and that’s one of my friends and teammates who also went to Virginia Tech. I was just about to leave for the Olympics so I was signing his shoe pretending I was famous lol

52 minutes ago, Smoother said:

:roflmao:Hillarious.  I love" showing off" stories; you know there's always a good ending just around the corner.  I frequently post warnings not to show off, but then, if no body showed off, these classic stories would dry up.

Although........wiping out in front of a hottie, might just be the ice breaker one needs.  Hopefully nothing else breaks.  I think the trick is to wipe out in her path so she has to physically step over your body to ignore you.

LOL. As I got up and dusted myself off she walked right past me and I was about to say “I definetly just fell for you”

9 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

LOL. As I got up and dusted myself off she walked right past me and I was about to say “I definetly just fell for you”

AHHH! the dreaded missed opportunity. You chickened out, and now you regret it.:unsure:  I know that feeling well.  Usually I always know exactly what to say AFTER the moment has passed?:facepalm:

Olympics? what, as a competitor or spectator?

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

AHHH! the dreaded missed opportunity. You chickened out, and now you regret it.:unsure:  I know that feeling well.  Usually I always know exactly what to say AFTER the moment has passed?:facepalm:

😫 it was the perfect line too. 

I went as a competitor in the 100m. 

25 minutes ago, Smoother said:

What? @Smoother ? You had not noticed that the man is highly competitive!!??? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

It WAS the perfect line.But hope is not lost.  Next time you see her, do a pathetic cheesy fall right in front of her and use the modified line "I just keep falling for you".  She'll either love it or hate it, but at least you'll know. Maybe wear your Olympic running shirt for added cred.;)

10.14 personal best.  Sounds fast. I don't ever expect to hear about a face plant from you.

3 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

😄 I’m the shorter guy and that’s one of my friends and teammates who also went to Virginia Tech. I was just about to leave for the Olympics so I was signing his shoe pretending I was famous lol

:efefc8626c:  I thought you were going to say that you're standing next to some famous athlete (I haven't followed sports much in many years), getting a signed shoe. Turns out I was only partly wrong :lol:

I like your modesty. You choose to say I'm the short guy instead of, "I'm the dude with muscles" :D

6 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Nice!

Your comments make so much more sense now, you must be well attuned to body physics, leveraging your body for power, foot strike, etc. 😄😄

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I wonder how many members here have their own Wikipedia page :D 

Impressive!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Wesh

I'm glad I finally asked the question I've been thinking about for a couple of months :)

46 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Marty, if it helps, I briefly thought about adding you under "notable people" on the Wikipedia page for"Downey, California":D

:D

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Nice!

Your comments make so much more sense now, you must be well attuned to body physics, leveraging your body for power, foot strike, etc. 😄😄

Haha I like to think so. Accelerating and braking on an EUC is exactly the positions you want when accelerating or decelerating in sport. That’s why my method of deceleration is literally a squat back instead of leaning straight back.

The lean angle for maximal acceleration on an 18” EUC is pretty close to the angle you want for starting/acceleration phase in sprinting from a standing position. If I ever overleaned an EUC from a standstill and it cut out I’m pretty sure I’d just run it out quite instinctively. 

22 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Nice!

We are coming from so many different walks of life and interest...
This board can be hilarious :roflmao:

Someone  face planted and broke his jaw, the first question:

@Darrell Wesh   Where were your arms?
@Chriull What current were you drawing?
@MRN76 Were you using any of my mods?
@seage Were you a beginner?
@RockyTop, @houseofjobHow fast were you riding?
@tryaWhat trick were you performing ?
@Rehab1, @Unventor @Smoother What protection were you wearing?
@Marty Backe, @Jerome, @kasenuttyHow far where you from home ?
@picoDid you read the specs?
@LanghamP, I can enumerate the stupid laws you should have broken to avoid the fall...
@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Were you in VR?

I must be missing some...

18 minutes ago, pico said:

@LanghamP, I can enumerate the stupid laws you broke.
@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Where you in VR?

:roflmao:

26 minutes ago, pico said:

@LanghamP, I can enumerate the stupid laws you should have broken to avoid the fall...

Yay I made the list :thumbup:

Ehh that is a good thing right?

Somehow I can't help giggling a tiny bit at @Hunka Hunka Burning Love despite it is a serious matter.

1 hour ago, pico said:

@LanghamP, I can enumerate the stupid laws you broke.

:roflmao:

Here's some you forgot and a few additional "comments":

@Scatcat what sort of studs were you using?

@US69 it was not King Songs fault

@winterwheel how cold was it?

@pico who were you dancing with?

@Mono are you sure? do you have data to back that up?

@meepmeepmayer so technically that was a Jaw plant then

@EUC Extreme call that a face plant! watch my videos for REAL face plants

@EUC GUY I have a diagram explaining where you went wrong

@mrelwood Put more batteries in it

@The Fat Unicyclist what do you weigh?

@steve454 I found a web page in Mongolia with just the product you need for this?

@Rama Douglas dance baby dance

@Bob Eisenman Here's a picture of something in Boston

@esajj I'm working on a device to fix that

@Rehab1 Jaw!? That's nothing I took my whole freaking arm off, and still rode home!

@Smoother showing off? Never show off.

.  I'm sure I've missed a few too. ;)

Archived