So I’ve stopped riding everything but my Z10

Barrett Roberts

I have not seen that error message, but I don't use the Ninebot app much.

I do experience calibration issues. Apparently not everyone does. Sometimes when I turn it on the pedals raise and I have to recalibrate to fix. A few times they have raised substantially while waiting at a stop light - I had to recalibrate to fix.

I never tried turning the wheel off and then on to see if the pedals leveled out. Thanks - I'll try that next time instead of recalibrating.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

@Marty Backe @houseofjob Has anyone of you encountered a ‘Motor sensor’ warning ⚠️ message when you open the Ninebot app? I experienced this, switch off the wheel and switch back on and it was gone.

The message came after changing the name of my wheel in the App.

Dunno, never experienced myself, but I as well, like @Marty Backe, don't launch the app ever. 

But maybe you can link up with @z3n, @Bison_2, & @Tor 77 from this post, as they've experienced the same.

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

i also experience a bit of calibration issue when the wheel slowly nose dives when I switch it on.. switch it off and on again and that was also gone. 

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I do experience calibration issues. Apparently not everyone does. Sometimes when I turn it on the pedals raise and I have to recalibrate to fix. A few times they have raised substantially while waiting at a stop light - I had to recalibrate to fix.

I worry something must be wrong with my Z being I have not experienced any issues so far. Now I’m cursed. 

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I worry something must be wrong with my Z being I have not experienced any issues so far. Now I’m cursed. 

Maybe you're not riding it enough. Have you broken 50-miles yet? :facepalm:

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm continually confused by the British use of Metric. Americans will be criticized about sticking with Imperial measurements, yet I routinely hear Brit's use "miles" to describe distance. And they often use "stones" to describe weight - is that a metric measure :lol:

Maybe those whole live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (see what I did there) :D

Both the metric system and the imperial system seem heavily used everywhere, not just the US and England, and I think the reason is simply that both England and France had vast empires in the 19th century.

For example, I think only in mph but meters and cm everywhere else, gallons when it comes to milk but liters (easy weight conversion) everywhere else, psi for tire pressure but cubic cm/liter everywhere else.

I will say I hate it when someone asks for a 4/16 socket or whatever the fuck they call it, or say go down a quarter inch from what they have. For that reason alone all Imperial users should be shot and their wives and children flayed.

But no, it seems both Metric and Imperial seem widely used everywhere and they are both here to stay.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Does your z10 loose a charge when it sits?

@ir_fuel is reporting a lose of more than 1% per day. If the charge goes too low you have to take the wheel apart and charge the packs individually. 

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

@ir_fuel is reporting a lose of more than 1% per day. If the charge goes too low you have to take the wheel apart and charge the packs individually. 

Yeah my Z10 loses like 1% every day. I was shocked when I turned it on after sitting for two days from a full charge and it was at 97%.

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Dunno, never experienced myself, but I as well, like @Marty Backe, don't launch the app ever. 

But maybe you can link up with @z3n, @Bison_2, & @Tor 77 from this post, as they've experienced the same.

I get that message sometimes as well. I just ignore it. It comes and goes. 

52 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Yeah my Z10 loses like 1% every day. I was shocked when I turned it on after sitting for two days from a full charge and it was at 97%.

Yeah, me too. It had been ~1 week since using it last and when I turned it on, the battery was at 90-percent.

What the hell was Ninebot thinking? What exactly is consuming the power?

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

1% a day i think most I'll ever lose is 3% I'm not staying off it that long 😀

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, me too. It had been ~1 week since using it last and when I turned it on, the battery was at 90-percent.

What the hell was Ninebot thinking? What exactly is consuming the power?

Batteries don't like been sat at 100% ninebot found a solution 😂drain the f_____r😂

I can also confirm the 1% per day loss having just returned today from an unexpected extended stay in the UK.  I left NZ on Christmas day, but purposely charged the Z10 up to 100% overnight on Christmas Eve to prevent any chance of the deep sleep issue upon my return.  So in total my time away ended up being 51 days long and the Z10 was showing 48%/47% and 3 bars on the display, when I checked it today using the NINEBattery App.  @Marty Backe The main board/BMS must be drawing power to constantly assess/monitor the 2 batteries status (remember there was a BMS firmware update to help better monitor the batteries status) and it also permanently illuminates the Blue/Red flashing LED's under the battery panel.

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

I can also confirm the 1% per day loss having just returned today from an unexpected extended stay in the UK.  I left NZ on Christmas day, but purposely charged the Z10 up to 100% overnight on Christmas Eve to prevent any chance of the deep sleep issue upon my return.  So in total my time away ended up being 51 days long and the Z10 was showing 48%/47% and 3 bars on the display, when I checked it today using the NINEBattery App.  @Marty Backe The main board/BMS must be drawing power to constantly assess/monitor the 2 batteries status (remember there was a BMS firmware update to help better monitor the batteries status) and it also permanently illuminates the Blue/Red flashing LED's under the battery panel.

:blink1:Over 51/52% in 51 days gulp. That's terrible

Bms killing the battery is like a doctor checking a broken bone by hitting it with a hammer. Might as well leave it alone if you're monitoring is causing the problem you are looking for.

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

:blink1:Over 51/52% in 51 days gulp. That's terrible

Bms killing the battery is like a doctor checking a broken bone by hitting it with a hammer. Might as well leave it alone if you're monitoring is causing the problem you are looking at.

I think if your using your z10 weekly it's not too much ofa problem but if you go away just unplug it from the xt60 connectors or the little white plugs . It is bad though that it drains that much

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Maybe you're not riding it enough. Have you broken 50-miles yet? :facepalm:

You have a point. So your saying I won’t have any issues for another 49 miles? :P

6 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

I’ve witnessed nurses ignoring monitor alarms connected to hospital patients. When I question the situation I’m told: ”Don’t worry that happens all of the time.” :facepalm:

4 hours ago, stephen said:

I think if your using your z10 weekly it's not too much ofa problem but if you go away just unplug it from the xt60 connectors or the little white plugs . It is bad though that it drains that much

7 hours ago, stephen said:

1% a day i think most I'll ever lose is 3% I'm not staying off it that long 😀

Batteries don't like been sat at 100% ninebot found a solution 😂drain the f_____r😂

Wait until you have a stable of wheels to choose from (you seem to be on your way). Then your Z10 may not get any love for a couple of weeks or more and you'll soon start complaining about the Z10 never being fully charged when you want to go for a ride.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Wait until you have a stable of wheels to choose from (you seem to be on your way). Then your Z10 may not get any love for a couple of weeks or more and you'll soon start complaining about the Z10 never being fully charged when you want to go for a ride.

Ive just come home now 13% left in the msx , I'd of loved to go straight out on the Z10 but I've no charger as of yet and its going down 1% a day 😣 its still light... tomorrow is the best day 13 degrees and sunny  and its valentine's day and have to treat the girlfreind 😁 aah well might get a ride out first thing 😊

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You have a point. So your saying I won’t have any issues for another 49 miles? :P

Switched on the Ninebot after adjusting the tire pressure and after getting on to assess the feel of the new psi, the wheel started to nose dive slowly, like it lost its calibration. I jumped off, switched it off and switched it on.. seems fine now. I have done about 60kms

I feel real lucky and very anxious all at once reading the issues many of you have with your Z10's. I feel like I am due for some kind of trouble at any point with mine after reading this forum after someone new gets theirs delivered only to have immediate issues with it. Mine has taken a real beating as it was the wheel I learned on, but I have haven't had any of these things happen other than it losing some charge which they all do apparently.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:28 AM, Girth Brooks said:

Mine has taken a real beating as it was the wheel I learned on, but I have haven't had any of these things happen other than it losing some charge which they all do apparently.

I'm also in a position of not having anything really to complain about regarding my Z10, I've had Zero issues.  The battery losing the amount of charge it did over the 51 day period was due to out of the ordinary, unavoidable circumstances (and we all know this charge loss happens).  The Z10 would never ever be left that long without being used again, but having said that both of our cars were also left for the same period of time without being used and guess what both cars batteries were flat (nothing to do with cold temperatures either it had been around 30 degrees mostly during this 51 day period) so at least the Z10 still had enough juice to get me to the shops to buy some essentials, unlike our 2 cars!!!!

Ninebot have just released a new firmware relating to the BMS.  Not sure exactly what changes it will provide, as the release notes only states: Fixed some bugs.  Will be applying this firmware in the hope that the battery charge loss & deep sleep issues may have been addressed.

BMS firmware V1.1.6.jpg

38 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Ninebot have just released a new firmware relating to the BMS.  Not sure exactly what changes it will provide, as the release notes only states: Fixed some bugs.  Will be applying this firmware in the hope that the battery charge loss & deep sleep issues may have been addressed.

BMS firmware V1.1.6.jpg

Please let us know if the detect anything.

It's encouraging to see a new update. It's been a long time but at least we now know that Ninebot is still paying someone to support the product.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Please let us know if the detect anything.

It's encouraging to see a new update. It's been a long time but at least we now know that Ninebot is still paying someone to support the product.

I was able to update my Z10 without issue.  While the update is in progress you can actually see it apply the firmware to each of the 2 batteries, one at a time.  After the firmware installed, I checked in the Ninebot App to see that the BMS firmware version had changed from 1.1.2 to 1.1.6 on both batteries and all was good! 

My Z10 is now due for a full charge after a brief outing earlier today to run it down from the remaining 48% since being left for 51 days.  I applied the firmware update after I came back from my short ride and will see if any difference is noted tomorrow after a full 100% charge overnight & the next "proper" 100% down to 20% ride that follows!

On 2/13/2019 at 8:10 AM, houseofjob said:

On 2/13/2019 at 11:16 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

Doing this Manual Calibration seems like a fix for me. At least in my case it has not appeared again yet. (fingers crossed) :innocent1:

Archived