Adding a more powerful speaker!

Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of posts/videos that the beeps from ecus can't be heard that good at high speeds with a helmet on?! As i'm getting my gotway m super x my idea is to add a more powerful speaker so i can hear the beeps real good.

Does anybody have a clue what power the board outputs to the stock speaker?

On 1/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, Hakunas said:

Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of posts/videos that the beeps from ecus can't be heard that good at high speeds with a helmet on?! As i'm getting my gotway m super x my idea is to add a more powerful speaker so i can hear the beeps real good.

Does anybody have a clue what power the board outputs to the stock speaker?

There are both speakers and buzzers used in EUCs. Speakers are used for playing music and voice warnings, buzzers are for beeping sounds. MSX doesn't have speakers. The most simple but effective solution is to buy loud buzzer, put it on the top of the EUC and connect in place of original one. The one below is an example, I think it will be OK, but I don't know what exact type of buzzer is installed to the MSX. This one is with integrated generator and may be driven with voltages between 3 and 28 V:

https://uk.farnell.com/projects-unlimited/ai-4228-twt-r/buzzer/dp/1192952

You can even go further and add switch for switching between internal, quieter beeper and external, "loud as hell" when riding faster and/or wearing full face helmet :)

Archived