Inductores

Open-source EUC motherboard

Posted (edited)

What uC did the rockwheel use? Can you link the datasheet?

Edited by h3X

So it actually uses the exact same mcu as the blue pill board? I went through the thread again and saw that you posted it earlier... :unsure:

I found a nice pinout diagram (see below), but I can't find your schematic of the rockwheel anywhere. Can you post the schematic? 
I have received all the parts from your parts list except for the ST-link... So I can't program the stm32 yet. I ordered a few new ones from aliexpress so hopefully they'll be here soon. I'm going to the library today to see if I can find any books about motor control algorithms. And I'll solder on all the pins for the dev boards.

Do we need to create a waveform with the built-in DAC or does the circuit board provide its own DAC? Or are we using some digital square wave stuff like pwm?
stm32f103c8t6_pinout_voltage01.png

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, h3X said:

Do we need to create a waveform with the built-in DAC or does the circuit board provide its own DAC?

I'd see no need for a DAC. Maybe for sound output?

33 minutes ago, h3X said:

Or are we using some digital square wave stuff like pwm?

Yes. Imo one has to be carefull with the startup procedure, so the three used outputs are from the beginning on in a valid state so the mosfets are not blowing up! Could/should be solved in hardware - but maybe one has to write a one bootcode? ... Don't know the stm32, but should be worth to check the start up sequences....

• Upvote 1

Let me finish the schematic, I can post it at the end of the week. Actually it's already finished, but I need to order the symbols.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, Chriull said:

Yes. Imo one has to be carefull with the startup procedure, so the three used outputs are from the beginning on in a valid state so the mosfets are not blowing up! Could/should be solved in hardware - but maybe one has to write a one bootcode? ... Don't know the stm32, but should be worth to check the start up sequences....

The pins are inputs after reset: "During and just after reset, the alternate functions are not active and the I/O ports are configured in Input Floating mode (CNFx[1:0]=01b, MODEx[1:0]=00b)." ( https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/reference_manual/59/b9/ba/7f/11/af/43/d5/CD00171190.pdf/files/CD00171190.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00171190.pdf  9.1.1 General Purpose I/O (GPIO) ) 

If (and likely when) there's a separate gate driver for the mosfets, the gate inputs are probably pulled down by some resistors to keep the mosfets off, otherwise while the other ends in the MCU's are also inputs (high-impedance state), the floating line might pick up interference and randomly turn on the mosfets? Might be also that the gate driver itself has internal pull-downs.

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1