Best KS shell color

FlyboyEUC

Wondering if there is any difference between the white, black gloss, and black matte. Does one hide scratches more? I'm not sure what else to compare but maybe someone that has had different colors might have something to say. 

I don't know about the glossy black but the shiny white seems to have white on silver scratches whereby the matt black has white on matt scratches. I think the underlying plastic is white or perhaps light gray.

Personally I would go with white.

Now my input here is not specific to Kingsong but here goes...

On a glossy finish in general, you have a high shine on as smooth surface as possible. So the more imperfections the surface have the more divirtikn you can see in reflection, this either scratches, lag of polish or dust or fingerprints.

On a matt surface there are a lot of differamce that make reflections bounch in many directions. So it is less prone to visual minor imperfections.

Do you ahh a metalic matt surface equation it hides scratches even better. 

So in relation to Kingsong this is why I chose matt black. There is just 1 major drawback. If you want to mount anything with a suctioncub it is hard to get a good mount on a matt surface in general.

Now if you worry about scratches, there is ways to go about this. Might not be cheap, but still.

https://www.roll.nz/21-euc-bodyguard

I think this is very nice done grom my impression from the website. In practice I have not seen the product. Nevertheless great job goes to @The Fat Unicyclist for this.

Shipping and import tax to Sweden makes this fairly experienced since I can't inspected the solution. But I love the concept.

Right now I am in a limbo as my designated training whhel for practice reverse riding amd off-leg step up is kinda out if commission. I am leaning toward purchased a 3rd wheel, but option options options to go about this is so complex and goes from 500ish to 2500ish € so I am still debating what to do and figure out what cost I can justify.

So this kinda brings me back to the euc bodyguard system.

I whish I could do like @ED209 going to a dealer to test KS14D KS14S KS16S and Ninebot Z10. (signs) where is @Marty Backe when you need his wast selections of wheels.

Unfortunately the community for EUC is still small or unorginasied here in Gothenburg area in Sweden.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Wondering if there is any difference between the white, black gloss, and black matte. Does one hide scratches more? I'm not sure what else to compare but maybe someone that has had different colors might have something to say. 

It depends on exact wheel model. For example, glossy black KS-16 shell is made from black plastic and is not painted. But KS-18L glossy black shell may be actually made of white plastic, painted with gloss black paint (as in my case). As you can imagine, there will be huge difference in how scratches looks on both wheels. Rubber & metalic coatings are always a paint.

The "standard" King Song colours are;

Gloss White - made from white plastic
Gloss Black - made from black plastic
Silver - made from white plastic with silver paint
Matte Black - made from black plastic with matte black paint.

23 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The "standard" King Song colours are;

Gloss White - made from white plastic
Gloss Black - made from black plastic
Silver - made from white plastic with silver paint
Matte Black - made from black plastic with matte black paint.

How is your EUC business going? 

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

How is your EUC business going? 

Better than expected actually and a lot of fun too... I get to ride around all the cool parts of town and it's considered advertising / marketing!

We were in Auckland last weekend for a group ride (video to come) which is now technically "work".   :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Better than expected actually and a lot of fun too... I get to ride around all the cool parts of town and it's considered advertising / marketing!

We were in Auckland last weekend for a group ride (video to come) which is now technically "work".   :thumbup:

High praise to your success! :cheers: It’s never easy growing a business from the ground up. Your enthusiasm and personality certainly played a roll in the growth. I look forward to your video. 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:13 AM, Unventor said:

Now my input here is not specific to Kingsong but here goes...

On a glossy finish in general, you have a high shine on as smooth surface as possible. So the more imperfections the surface have the more divirtikn you can see in reflection, this either scratches, lag of polish or dust or fingerprints.

On a matt surface there are a lot of differamce that make reflections bounch in many directions. So it is less prone to visual minor imperfections.

Do you ahh a metalic matt surface equation it hides scratches even better. 

So in relation to Kingsong this is why I chose matt black. There is just 1 major drawback. If you want to mount anything with a suctioncub it is hard to get a good mount on a matt surface in general.

Now if you worry about scratches, there is ways to go about this. Might not be cheap, but still.

https://www.roll.nz/21-euc-bodyguard

I think this is very nice done grom my impression from the website. In practice I have not seen the product. Nevertheless great job goes to @The Fat Unicyclist for this.

Shipping and import tax to Sweden makes this fairly experienced since I can't inspected the solution. But I love the concept.

Right now I am in a limbo as my designated training whhel for practice reverse riding amd off-leg step up is kinda out if commission. I am leaning toward purchased a 3rd wheel, but option options options to go about this is so complex and goes from 500ish to 2500ish € so I am still debating what to do and figure out what cost I can justify.

So this kinda brings me back to the euc bodyguard system.

I whish I could do like @ED209 going to a dealer to test KS14D KS14S KS16S and Ninebot Z10. (signs) where is @Marty Backe when you need his wast selections of wheels.

Unfortunately the community for EUC is still small or unorginasied here in Gothenburg area in Sweden.

I'm a Bodyguard owner and really happy with it. You re right it isn't cheap, but it's very well made and delivers on it's job of protecting my EUC. It's a strong and thick material. I'm sure I could let my KS16S just get "beat up" and show off my battle scars, but the Bodyguard shows no signs of wear yet, so overall it also offers me a much a tidier/consistent aesthetic as well as providing protection.

Archived