My EUC story or from Bad to Good

RoadRunner

On 1/20/2019 at 2:02 PM, freebiker said:

Certainly no opportunity to ride with others in Cornwall UK - no-one's heard of them down here.  The closest I've seen one is in Plymouth, where a guy was riding through the town centre.  Out of interest, has anyone tried riding on firm sand - we have huge sandy beaches on the north coast...

Yep, firm sand is easy and fun.  Its the sudden spots of soft sand that are not so much fun.  But they are few and far between, and maybe non-existant on your beaches.  Starting off is slightly tricky, because your wheel is in a small divot of its own creating, so pushing off has to be executed differently.  It's been a while since I rode sand, but as I recall, I would put as little pressure on the wheel while starting to roll it forward out of the divot, then get the other foot on quickly and give it some power so as not to just have it stop dead in the new divot you just created, by not moving. not too much power or you'll just create a rooster tail of sand, and eat dirt sand.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Today i thought it’s time to give my EUC and all the gear a nicer place to live, before it was flying around everywhere.:lol:

So i bought a little shelf and organized everything a bit.

That‘s how it came out.

CF5A329A-5B6A-43C4-ADA1-A21028D8B9B7.thumb.jpeg.df445e6d38a859e99c54da077378b839.jpeg

Underneath i’ve put a piece of velcro so i can just stick knee and elbow guards under the board.

F0EEAAE8-0CFC-4F61-BC64-64D3D129DCC2.thumb.jpeg.e36fae665b6e3ed02292165915f3fc08.jpeg

That is one tidy, well organized room. :cheers:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

That’s in my kitchen :laughbounce2:

You sir must have a very understanding wife, GF, or better half. I took the liberty of sprucing up your wall.;)

47117392762_91ea83e9f4_b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Two days ago we had some pretty nice weather so i went out for a ride, on the lookout for some good riding spots.

I went through the woods, only place where theres no coppers :ph34r:, took a few jumps off the paths, it was challenging and a lot of fun.

In one section there was a pothole covered with leaves, I was going about 15kmh, threw me off like a bull. :D

I flew off, stretched my arms, and as my arms touched the ground i made a good judo roll out of reflex, stood up, checked myself, all good.

After that i was really happy that i had a fall because before i was always thinking about how i would react when i fall.

Sounds silly but the fall was verry good for me.

By the way, had knee, elbow, wrist guards and helmet on as usual.

Nice story.

I've had great falls like that too. I don't want to deflate your newfound judo enthusiasm, but ...

From my experience every fall is different and I'm coming to the conclusion that it's a roll-of-the-dice as to whether you're going to have a judo-roll out of the crash or a faceplant :cry2:

Happy riding B)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

From my experience every fall is different and I'm coming to the conclusion that it's a roll-of-the-dice as to whether you're going to have a judo-roll out of the crash or a faceplant :cry2:

I know that but for this time iam happy that i got out of it without something broken or in bad pain.

Only my arm Muskels ache a bit, like if i made way too much weight training.:lol:

But that’s acceptable.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I know that but for this time iam happy that i got out of it without something broken or in bad pain.

Only my arm Muskels ache a bit, like if i made way too much weight training.:lol:

But that’s acceptable.

I've never rolled, I always face plant (upwards of five if I remember correctly, none in the last year.).  Not by choice, it always just happens so quickly.   My arms have never ached, FWIW.

• Like 1

Here is the gear and helmet collection that i have.

Helmets are Ruroc Inferno, Bern Watts, Fox Rampage, Bell Super2r.

45A6DB46-DF7E-4DB8-8FAB-7B540ECA6599.thumb.jpeg.fe7d216f559a35658823e63060f879d0.jpeg

Basic elbow pads, still looking for some other ones.

AF9351B6-A9FF-49F1-90F8-A1DB9581F95E.thumb.jpeg.6d07b60613fd87815d6a8fc0974e4f80.jpeg

Basic wrist guards, iam used to these because i was using these type all my life for skateboarding and rollerblading.

83122F73-1EE7-4877-A08C-A0B429EC94E2.thumb.jpeg.8e10fcab7d41b725f2dd57dae2f8d408.jpeg

Knee pads IXS Dagger

7DB6A0DF-B4BE-48BD-A9DC-1E323AC38406.thumb.jpeg.493a2216a68c6df9855dd16ccdd8f0d9.jpeg

Finger bell 

8A1095D8-B1B6-4D48-9357-801A330CC627.thumb.jpeg.617ddfae762b7d4eb445e8c0136ec516.jpeg

Edited by Roadrunner

Another funny thing about muscle memory that i experienced yesterday.

Iam riding a cruiser bike for about 4 years now and yesterday i had to repair some things on it.

So i took the bike from my sister to get some parts.

And i tell you i had problems to ride a normal bike, because mine is a streched bike so my legs are infront of me.

With the bike of my sister it felt like my legs are behind me, very unnatural, really strange, cant ride a normal bike anymore dont feel really safe on it. :laughbounce2:

Heres a picture of my bike so you see what i mean by streched, it’s really comfortable.

F08010C4-AADE-4CF4-8AA7-88F708C27C81.thumb.jpeg.f019ea2be20c7a4ee8ef69b12fadf7db.jpeg

And when i had a look at the tire i realized that its the same wide 3“ tire like on the MSX, made by Chao Yang.

BF0784D8-6807-4C4F-8627-7BB540E3B619.thumb.jpeg.f074afd7d86a32481777d0465c34f972.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today i finally got out for a nice 44km ride since it was the first day since 3 weeks without storm and rain.

And i had a blast.

What really made the ride so cool was that i strapped my JBL to my backpack, last time i tried it with headphones but i didn’t like that i couldn’t hear my surroundings, traffic, beeps and stuff.

But like this it was really cool 

Edited by RoadRunner

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a ride to my grandma through rain and mud , it was time to clean my XL today.

First step was to let it spin in the shower tub.

EUC

Second step: wiping it down with a damp cloth.

And Voila it almost looks brand new even after 3000km. Thanks to the bodyguard from roll.nz @The Fat Unicyclist

EUC

EUC

EUC

Bodyguard is also still in great shape.

EUC

EUC

• Like 3