My EUC story or from Bad to Good

RoadRunner

8 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Try to connect with people in your area, the next thing is to ride in a group.  It's fun.

Lol a group i wish i had 1 person to ride with . No one in my area at all . No one's ever seen one till they see me flying about lol 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Yes  i was like that i was looking on YouTube at electric bikes then seen on one of the other vids what come up was an EUC ,i thought what the hell is that so watched loads of videos and then found this forum and enjoyed reading nearly everything lol, 4 days later there was a deliver man at my door 😀 practiced for the first hour getting frustrated 😖, I'd watched that many videos i had it perfected in my head ,,, which does actually help tbh,,, then all of a sudden i was off 😊

I remember the arm swinging contest though here's the video

Just looked at date on my first ride .. Bloody hell I've only been riding 8 months feels like years ago lol. I bought the MSX AFTER 3 months lol 

Great video. I wish I had filmed my very first day.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

After ten days i couldn’t resist anymore and took the wheel out, still with the casting on my arm. :w00t2:

Interestingly, this is not the first story I've heard of people continuing to ride their wheel with a cast on :lol:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

ride in a group

Trying hard to find somebody but it seems like iam the only one here. Problem is in Germany it’s still illegal, people have to pay fines and sometimes get the wheel confiscated, as it happened to a friend 2 weeks ago. 

40 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Trying hard to find somebody but it seems like iam the only one here. Problem is in Germany it’s still illegal, people have to pay fines and sometimes get the wheel confiscated, as it happened to a friend 2 weeks ago. 

wow! that sucks!  it is still illegal here too, but they don't really bother us as long as we don't do something stupid like ride too fast on the side walk.  sometimes when we ride in parks, the park rangers tell us we can't ride them.  that is the extent of the harassment that i've experienced.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Interestingly, this is not the first story I've heard of people continuing to ride their wheel with a cast on :lol:

So there’s more crazy people like me around.🤪

As i said for 10 days i was just looking at the wheel and wanted to ride and learn badly. And after watching all those videos, probably watched your (grabbing your nose) Z10 video houndreds of times 😂,  my feet started itching. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

And after watching all those videos, probably watched your (grabbing your nose) Z10 video houndreds of times 😂,  

:lol:

As a result of seeing that, I don't grab my nose as much these days, I swear!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

wow! that sucks!  it is still illegal here too, but they don't really bother us as long as we don't do something stupid like ride too fast on the side walk.  sometimes when we ride in parks, the park rangers tell us we can't ride them.  that is the extent of the harassment that i've experienced.

Interestingly, it may actually be semi-legal to ride when the park ranger says it isn't, as I did have a park ranger stop us once. I had the park rules allowing the usage of the Segway (not EUC) bookmarked and showed that to him, with the result he thought that was legal.

I used to think the laws concerning tandem wheels was an oversight but now I'm not so sure. I wonder if Segway wrote or sponsored that law to exclude EUCs, as any sane person would interpret the EUC as the safer version of the 2 wheeled Segway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I used to think the laws concerning tandem wheels was an oversight but now I'm not so sure. I wonder if Segway wrote or sponsored that law to exclude EUCs, as any sane person would interpret the EUC as the safer version of the 2 wheeled Segway.

Re "safer version", the very most important thing is that any sane person should understand that the unicycle imperils mainly its own pilot, not bystanders.  Meanwhile, the *non* self-balancing 2-wheelers are increasingly in the news for injuring people who were walking.  That's the kind of danger -- danger to bystanders by infernal-things-with-wheels -- that could easily mix with a little bit more sloppy legislation to get the unicycle banned. 

P.S. to OP, impressive. Were the videos shot from a drone, or did you mount a camera on the dog?

• Like 1

Certainly no opportunity to ride with others in Cornwall UK - no-one's heard of them down here.  The closest I've seen one is in Plymouth, where a guy was riding through the town centre.  Out of interest, has anyone tried riding on firm sand - we have huge sandy beaches on the north coast...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freebiker said:

Certainly no opportunity to ride with others in Cornwall UK - no-one's heard of them down here.  The closest I've seen one is in Plymouth, where a guy was riding through the town centre.  Out of interest, has anyone tried riding on firm sand - we have huge sandy beaches on the north coast...

I've ridden on beaches multiple times, at low tide where the sand is wet but firm. It's very fun. Just rinse off the wheel with fresh water when you get home.

Here's my latest beach run

Edited by Marty Backe

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've ridden on beaches multiple times, at low tide where the sand is wet but firm. It's very fun. Just rinse off the wheel with fresh water when you get home.

Here's my latest beach run

Marty, many thanks for sharing this wonderful video - has inspired me to take the V5 to Perranporth beach - unfortunately as your recent videos elsewhere have shown, we don't share CA's glorious January weather, but I shall be waiting for the next opportunity eagerly.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

@eddiemoy, @houseofjob, what riding modes do you prefer?

IMHO, KS & IM are not great with diversifying their ride modes, they all feel like variations of a medium-to-medium/hard mode.

For KS, I ride either Hard or Medium, and avoid Soft Mode altogether because they make the braking soft (unlike Gotway soft mode), which I don't agree with.

• Like 1