New Gotway

Hello guys.

I'm dead set to buying a new ecu, been riding for 4 years now on my airwheel x3 and i'm done with it. Lacks the speed and distance.

I'm dead set on buying the gotway msuperx and i'm gonna buy it from aliexpress because it's the cheapest prices i could find.

So i hope somebody can help me with my questions as i've been doing some reading on this forums and there are a lot of gotways gurus as i can see.

1.What model should i get the 84v 1600mh or the 100v 1230wh and why?

2.What is the maintenance on this specific model of wheel?

3.The horror stories of all the bad wheels with bad boards, chargers smoking etc, is it still a thing that occurs?

4. What would be the actual distance i could reach with one of these wheels? (I'm about 57kg 125pounds)

A few things i could add i usually do the most travelling in the night when the streets are empty so no worries of pedestrians, definitely a speed junkie as the choice of gotway. I don't plan on doing off road stuff.

I really appreciate any help you can provide and a happy new year.

Go with the 84-volt version if you want to maximize your range. Go with the 100-volt version if low 30's mph is not fast enough for you and you don't care about the lower range.

At ~83kg I can get ~55-miles from my 1600wh MSX, keeping my speeds below 18-mph. Riding faster decreases the range. At your weight you could probably get 70-miles under similar circumstances. The 100-volt version will get ~25% less range.

The MSX appears to be a very reliable Gotway wheel. No unique maintenance required - same as with any wheel

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Go with the 84-volt version if you want to maximize your range. Go with the 100-volt version if low 30's mph is not fast enough for you and you don't care about the lower range.

At ~83kg I can get ~55-miles from my 1600wh MSX, keeping my speeds below 18-mph. Riding faster decreases the range. At your weight you could probably get 70-miles under similar circumstances. The 100-volt version will get ~25% less range.

The MSX appears to be a very reliable Gotway wheel. No unique maintenance required - same as with any wheel

Appreciate the answer forgot to add is the charger that comes in the box safe meaning it won't fail? Also is there an app for ios?

I would get the 84V 1600Wh because range > speed. There is little difference between how both wheels ride, apparently, just a little more top speed on the 100V (maybe 65kph vs 55kph for an 80kg rider). With your weight, you will easily get crazy speeds (60+) even on the "slower" 84V. Don't ride that fast:) So I see no reason to buy the 100V, it gives you no benefit.

With your weight, you would get amazing range! Probably 100+km with the 1600Wh and 80km with the 1230Wh (at 30kph).

MSX seems to be one of the most reliable wheels ever! Don't worry. The board is extremely good and the best board of all brands right now.

The charger is the same Gotway has always used. It's good.

The app is the same Gotway has always used. Shitty, but you don't need it very often.

• Like 2

Just got a 84v MSX.

This wheel is amazing. And I didnt think it would be so easy to ride in heavy trafic environment (Paris).

Great range, great speed, geat control, good aceleration and breaking, it has everything.

I ve tried many wheels those past few months (MCM5/KS18/Z10).

For me the MSX beat them all easy. Just my personal feeling of course.

Edited by Vanzen

Please note that Gotway writes this on their homepage: "To guarantee product's quality&authencity and good aftersales service, our company does not allow any GotWay products sold via Aliexpress." You can find it here: http://www.kebye.com/content/?426.html. I assume it means no warranty if you buy Gotway from Aliexpress.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Please note that Gotway writes this on their homepage: "To guarantee product's quality&authencity and good aftersales service, our company does not allow any GotWay products sold via Aliexpress." You can find it here: http://www.kebye.com/content/?426.html. I assume it means no warranty if you buy Gotway from Aliexpress.

The link does not work.