Ninebot Z-series Official manual for reactivation of the battery

Igor Rz

47 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Please keep us informed. I had same issues with my Z10 after very long Ali shipment. It arrived dead at all. After nerve grinding but successful battery resurrection I  also noticed a certain power drain over the last weeks. Hope this can be solved someday...

What power drain how much distance, or does it just drop while not using?

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Mine went dead in my garage, and my garage is inside the house. Temperature differential with my living room is maybe 4 degrees.

In what period of time

Edited by stephen

6 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Mimetic Polyalloy is your basement climate controlled? If it's cold where you're storing it then that could be a factor maybe? The Z10 doesn't seem to like the cold too much. 

Same situation as the other guys. Mine was stored in the boiler room so there it should not much be below 15°C/59°F minimum. I´m not sure if it will be a real big issue but I will keep an eye on Zed...

Edited by Mimetic Polyalloy

My brand new Z10 is stuck in “Limited Mode” or activation mode.  It fails to activate every time I try.  Software V1.0.5. My unit has power and turns on but flashes blue/red lights and doesn’t balance/have an active motor.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Ok guys, I did some testing.

I charged the battery to 84% and parked the Z10 in my garage. This morning (8.5 days later) the battery level has dropped to 72%.

I clearly lose a bit more than 1% of charge per day. So leave it for 3 months and it's dead.

I have a GT16 sitting in that same garage that hasn't lost any charge since the last time I used it, and that is months ago. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Ok guys, I did some testing.

I charged the battery to 84% and parked the Z10 in my garage. This morning (8.5 days later) the battery level has dropped to 72%.

I clearly lose a bit more than 1% of charge per day. So leave it for 3 months and it's dead.

I have a GT16 sitting in that same garage that hasn't lost any charge since the last time I used it, and that is months ago. 

Is it the bms what's draining it. If you undid the xt60 connectors would it not use any battery? I don't think I've ever left an euc for over 7 days without using it

Edited by stephen

Just now, stephen said:

Is it the bms what's draining it. If you undid the xt60 connectors would it not use any battery?

It would make sense that disconnecting the battery would stop draining the battery, yes :)

But then again, you can't be sure it's the BMS itself. It might just be all the other electronics in that machine that consume a bit of power. The only way of knowing that is by disassembling and using an amp meter.

• Like 1

Just now, ir_fuel said:

It would make sense that disconnecting the battery would stop draining the battery, yes :)

But then again, you can't be sure it's the BMS itself. It might just be all the other electronics in that machine that consume a bit of power. The only way of knowing that is by disassembling and using an amp meter.

Can't you do another 8.5 day test with the xt60 connectors undone😁 it will help the community 😀 your half way there

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

It's completely useless imo. Of course they won't discharge :D 

Why don't AliExpress and gearbest just uplug them before shipping it would save them getting bad reviews,and worrying about the state of a discharged  battery

Just now, stephen said:

Why don't AliExpress and gearbest just uplug them before shipping it would save them getting bad reviews,and worrying about the state of a discharged  battery

Because I think you void your warranty by opening a device.

I had a hard time opening it the first time because there is this white "blob" that glues the side plate to the machine. I presume they can tell by the fact it's undone that you opened the machine and thereby voided your warranty.

They should simply fix the power drain of the device when it's off. It seems that problem was solved ages ago by all other brands.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

They should simply fix the power drain of the device when it's off. It seems that problem was solved ages ago by all other brands.

I was prepared for the dead battery but didn't need it after all

IMG-20190117-171247.jpg

For the sake of the longevity of the batteries I would find an easy way to disconnect the batteries when not in use.  Sure Ninebot should fix the problem but your are stuck with the problem for now. A switch seems simple but switches fail too frequently and are subject to vibration. Maybe move a connector to an easy to get to location or add an access door?