Jump to content

Ninebot Z-series Official manual for reactivation of the battery


Igor Rz
 Share

Recommended Posts

After conversations with Beijing HQ of Segway-Ninebot, their technical department dealt with the problem, prepared and made available to the Fb group official instructions for a known problem with the battery and its activation.

I invite you here for the Fb Ninebot Z-series group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ninebotzseries/

 

Edited by Igor Rz
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ninebot has made the film available directly on the group, it can not be downloaded elsewhere :(


I will write to them to send me this movie

 

Edited by Igor Rzuczek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks! 

I don't have any problem until now, but I am on four months contract away from home and I don't know what will happen with the battery. I gave instructions to my wife how to check the battery and how to recharge it and will remind her to do this, but who knows. 

Edited by Ch.Eng.62
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if the battery has discharged to below around 3v the cell is knackered no matter what you then do to it. I wouldn't be happy to be charging a battery which has gone below the minimum inside my house. Im only going by the title on the video "over discharged " so don't know the specifics but be careful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

WTF is this?

I haven't ridden my Z10 for a few months and it seems completely dead.

I just checked my generic 14" and my Rockwheel GT16 and both still work and have a decent charge left.

So now I am supposed to mess around with the charger and open the wheel of a +2K costing wheel, while my Aliexpress Rockwheel has no issues whatsoever?

Talk about quality control ... djeez ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

WTF is this?

I haven't ridden my Z10 for a few months and it seems completely dead.

I just checked my generic 14" and my Rockwheel GT16 and both still work and have a decent charge left.

So now I am supposed to mess around with the charger and open the wheel of a +2K costing wheel, while my Aliexpress Rockwheel has no issues whatsoever?

Talk about quality control ... djeez ....

Thanks for the info. It seems to confirm that you can’t leave the Z10 sitting very long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I leave my wheel twenty days ago. Now I am waiting my daughter to check the condition of the battery. 

Hope it will be OK.

BTW, there are two ways the battery juice to be drained. Mainboard or BMS. If it is mainboard, the battery have to be disconnected for long-term storage. 

If it is BMS, nothing can help. 

Who will experiment? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just opened my Z10 and connected the charger as explained in the videos.

My charger led did not flash red/green, but turned on immediately red. I also don't see those small leds they talk about in the video. I'll leave it for 10 minutes and then switch sides and see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another update:

Still low packs. Tried connecting everything and going through the charge port. Nothing. Also note that I never saw any leds flickering as in the  above video.

So I restarted the procedure and as soon as I disconnected the XT60 connectors from the battery the small leds turned red, and they flash now when charging separately. So now I am doing the 10 minute wait, will switch to the other and try charging normally.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Another update:

Still low packs. Tried connecting everything and going through the charge port. Nothing. Also note that I never saw any leds flickering as in the  above video.

So I restarted the procedure and as soon as I disconnected the XT60 connectors from the battery the small leds turned red, and they flash now when charging separately. So now I am doing the 10 minute wait, will switch to the other and try charging normally.

Waiting for the update 👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Did the 10 minutes on each side, reconnected the XT60 connectors and the charger to the charge port.

Charger is red!

That's good then 😊 get it fully charged and balance the batteries 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Keeping the Z plugged in would eliminate the discharge problem and create new problems and hazards. 

Suggestion: You can get a 7 day timer and set it to turn on for 5 or 10 minutes a week. Just leave the wheel plugged into the timer when storing. Given that the charger is only juiced up 10 minutes a week reduces the dangers. Even better would be to have a charger that stops charging at 70% and let it charge 30 minutes a week. 

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Heavy-Digital-Programmable-Timer/dp/B07G9RK4VV/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1549132822&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=in+wall+7+day+timer&psc=1

Just make sure you get the one for your country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stephen said:

That's good then 😊 get it fully charged and balance the batteries 

Not fully charging it. Just stopped it after about 4h of charging and it's already at 84%. Will be monitoring it now to see how it drops over the next couple of days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...