Z10 or is 18XL

Barrylomont

18 minutes ago, JBoo said:

Well, that gives me some hope.  My 3 biggest concerns with the Z10 right now are, in order:

1. Trolley handle failing
  2. Power brick replacement
  3. Replacing the custom, tubeless tire

4. It standing bolt upright when you try to turn at speed.

29 minutes ago, JBoo said:

Well, that gives me some hope.  My 3 biggest concerns with the Z10 right now are, in order:

1. Trolley handle failing
  2. Power brick replacement
  3. Replacing the custom, tubeless tire

Of those three concerns, only number 2 has me wondering too. Somehow I feel if this breaks it might take me two months to get another.

17 minutes ago, Smoother said:

4. It standing bolt upright when you try to turn at speed.

That’s not a concern, it is a performance characteristic that is unique to the Z10, and it is glorious!  It is just an amazing feeling to execute a proper, high speed turn on the Z: you are hanging out in space in this most improbable fashion while the wheel carves this perfect arc; really, just a wonderful experience!

35 minutes ago, JBoo said:

That’s not a concern, it is a performance characteristic that is unique to the Z10, and it is glorious!  It is just an amazing feeling to execute a proper, high speed turn on the Z: you are hanging out in space in this most improbable fashion while the wheel carves this perfect arc; really, just a wonderful experience!

I'm glad it works for you. Horses for courses as they say.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Of those three concerns, only number 2 has me wondering too. Somehow I feel if this breaks it might take me two months to get another.

The charger? It’s the same as the Segway miniplus charger which is widely available. 

10 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

The charger? It’s the same as the Segway miniplus charger which is widely available. 

I thought the Z10 had a unique plug. That's good to know that the miniplus charger would work.

5 hours ago, JBoo said:

That’s why I said rumor, because it’s unsubstantiated ;)  This was suggested in another thread discussing the high failure rates of the Z.  I agree, it seems like a strange thing to do in the face of Ninebot’s very public announcements regarding EU availability; however, you have to weigh that against how they have behaved so far (high failure rates, distributors getting no response from Ninebot, etc.) and the fact that the euc market is trivial next to the escooter market.  All of this combines into a fairly ugly picture for anyone thinking of getting a Z10, so if you have $2000 that you can just piss away then, sure, piss it away on a Z10; otherwise, go with what seems to be a much safer bet.

Also, I saw that Ninebot had the Z10 displayed at the 2019 CES.

15 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

It’s just so ironic that I had just asked @Jason McNeil if he still had any Z’s left and he was telling me about the failure rates and I was reading numerous forum posts about failures out of box. And as soon as curiosity begged me to buy one, despite staying away from the websites where the failures were sent from, I STILL acquired a bad Z10. 

Consider yourself lucky if you get a working Z10 (straight from the box without the shipper verifying it works before sending it.)

I just feel like it’s expected to get a bad batch or at least have some complication getting it working. Complete bias-I know- but come on, the irony!!! 

Ninebot are aware of these issues and are fixing them, so provided you don't mind waiting a month or two before ordering, then it should be fine. Obviously, existing stock will have some faulty units so best to avoid ordering from overseas for now as that would complicate getting things sorted. The KS18XL looks to be a very good wheel with excellent range, so that would be the sensible purchase.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:11 PM, Barrylomont said:

What do u need price wise? Would like to talk to you off line.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, Jpd said:

I’m looking for a z10! 

I'll hit both of you up on a PM.   Lets talk some time.   I'll set an alarm so I check here at least once a day, I don't check it as often at this time of year.

Archived