RockyTop

GW MSX vs KS XL, acceleration and Motor S curve

Really enjoyed this write-up, thanks for the info!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very interesting, thanks!

28 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

1) The software allows a lower spike in amperage to achieve the same acceleration. Instead of one quick high spike In amperage it gives a longer burst of lower amperage. (Per correction time unit)

If that is based on app current measurements, especially from a Gotway wheel, these are about as accurate (and comparable between brands) as... whatever analogy to something completely inaccurate works for you.

You can at best compare Gotway wheels and treat the current numbers appearing as mostly meaningless, but reliable parameters.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Very interesting, thanks!

If that is based on app current measurements, especially from a Gotway wheel, these are about as accurate (and comparable between brands) as... whatever analogy to something completely inaccurate works for you.

You can at best compare Gotway wheels and treat the current numbers appearing as mostly meaningless, but reliable parameters.

I am not certain about the GotWay readings. I work with motors. When looking on the oscilloscope Some motor controllers put out high peaks and low valleys while others are more squared off. You get the same average amperage without the spikes. Because of this I suspect that the GW app is reading the spikes and not the average. We know that GW is not worried about the spikes so why bother changing the signal? You can tell by the sounds the two motors make that the two systems work very differently. Wine vs rumble. 

You tend to see the high empty spikes on a controller that is over sized for the motor. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Upvote 1

@RockyTop great write up man. Appreciate your perspective. I must be more than I realize like the snooty Anglophile who drinks his Merlot from a crystal wine glass with the index and thumb lightly grasping the stem, and pinky finger raised to the sky. Well, here's to regiment and beauty. Cheers. :D🍷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

@RockyTop great write up man. Appreciate your perspective. I must be more than I realize like the snooty Anglophile who drinks his Merlot from a crystal wine glass with the index and thumb lightly grasping the stem, and pinky finger raised to the sky. Well, here's to regiment and beauty. Cheers. :D🍷

:confused1:  I always pictured you as one of those snooty people. Are you saying you are not? :roflmao:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

:confused1:  I always pictured you as one of those snooty people. Are you saying you are not? :roflmao:

Of Course not :whistling:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, csmyers said:

Really enjoyed this write-up, thanks for the info!

Me to, great text, thank you Rock

• Like 1