Is Dualtron the only high speed scooter brand worth buying?

Girth Brooks

hi, ABS brakes on a e-scooter vibrates all the nuts & screws loose ...so yes it stops you fast/straight ...but ABS brakes are NOT popular

Yes, steering head play is unavoidable ...all, every single e-scooter that folds like that, gets some play.

...that same size e-scooter sells for $2,200 Sonic & $2,300 ZERO 10X & $2,500 TNE in NZ ...and the Dualtron 2 MX, 800Wx2 motor, 60V 18Ah battery costs $2,700

...since you are only zapping to & fro, to & from your letterbox, sooo if you want your chinese? lithium ion battery to last 3 or 4 times longer ...only charge it up 80% or 90% ...only put it on the charger when it is holding under 25% capacity ...storage charge is 30% to 40% & usually recommended at 40% to 50% ...fast chargers are okay, BUT HOT BATTERIES are definitely taking some real damage ..."rest" your battery before & after use, so that the cells can re-balance.

...l just love it when eggsperts tell me charging does NOT hurt lithium ion batteries & they have done the research ...lithium ion batteries can ONLY endure a limited finite number of full charge cycles, ggrrr :w00t2:

ps. l'm still waiting for an expert or anyone that knows the answer to answer my recent question over at the other thread, please thank-you ...Dualtron 3 lll battery quality

Edited by stephenbadger
2 cents worth

• 2 weeks later...

This is a copy of the review I posted on Amazon where I purchased my scoot.  A NanRobot D5+

Glad a month of research led me to this scoot. I must have watched every You Tube video on e-scoots. There must be 100 of them. I did have a week of using a 36V UberScoot and wasn't impressed. The experience did give me an idea of what I really wanted in an e-scoot, though. I did not want a chain drive. I did not want lead acid batteries. Advantages of the D5+ follow: 1. 52V 26ah Li battery is one of the most powerful offered by anyone. 2. The braking system is incredible. I liken it to ABS. They call it EBS. It does take some getting used to and I warn anyone who wants to test ride my scoot "be careful of the brakes. you'll think they are going to throw you over the handlebars, but they will not". There is an adjustment that give you 3 different options of braking power. I left it on the default setting of 2. It took about a month of riding to break them in. I really don't understand how NanRobot gets mechanical brakes to respond like ABS. They just work. 3. The 2 x 1000 watt motors provide me with all the power and speed I'll ever use. I live in a hilly area where some of the streets have 25° inclines. It took about a week of riding to get the hang of power vs battery life to kinda understand what power settings to use. I ride in speed mode 2 which maxes at 22 mph. And I keep DUAL on all the time. This means that both motors are used all the time. Some times on a steep hill I switch to TURBO but for the most part the D5+ maintains 22 mph. I don't know what top speed is-I don't care.
4. I find the build quality and finish very good. There is some play in the steering column but I think it's because of the folding mechanism and I think all foldables will have this. 5. The seat! I did put a wood plug in the seat post to keep the seat from sometimes slipping down. I didn't want to have to tighten the clamp with such force that I'd need a tool to loosen. Also I wish there was no 1" of spring travel when you sit down but I've gotten used to it. 6. The Throttle and Controller. The instruction manual does not go into great detail on the use. I found a manual for the Dualtron II on You Tube which did a good job and it's the same controller. I think the D5+ has a cutoff of 43V to protect the battery. There is no warning when you're getting close to cutoff. The scoot just stops. I recharge when I get 2 bars of battery left. I have no idea about range. It's going to vary because of terrain and what mode you choose. I really am glad I chose the D5+ over an e-bike. It does all I want and for 1/2 the cost. 7. After purchase service: Very responsive !! I asked to purchase 2 of the plastic ( should be $1 each) seat post spacers and they sent an entire seat, post and mounting bracket. This is $150 item. I felt guilty. Thought maybe they misunderstood my request. I offered to return it to California at my expense. "Nope". Another thing which I was not aware of: Because I used my Amazon Prime card to purchase the D5+ I got a 5% credit back! Also some have complained about some bolts not tightened. All the controls on the handlebars were shipped loose. This is because they didn't want any strain on the wire. They needed repositioning anyway. Tightening is easy and should be part of any purchase. I'm very happy with my purchase and the supplier (
yume smart ) has been very responsive to the point of overkill. Really incredible service. Thank you NanRobot.

Edited by Thomas Lippert
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...