New GT16 S/IRON - 1600WH-2064WH , expected release March 2019.

36 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Why was your conversion project unsuccessful?

I'm not totally sure.

First, I was trying to frankenstein it by using my KS-18A motor (1200W nominal) and new AY+ board, failure 1.

Then, I was trying to go full new AY+ motor with another new AY+ board (if I'm remembering correctly), and that failed as well.

The failures were that the wheel would either shake; or have this weird, non-level balance; or do weird tiltbacks. At the end, in some form, it did kind of ride, but not to the point I trusted it. I think it might have to do with hall sensors, but not sure.

Either way, the AY+ motor and one of the AY+ boards are brand new, but I got so tired of trying over and over, and basically gave up when I procured a proper KS-18S.

54 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I'm not totally sure.

First, I was trying to frankenstein it by using my KS-18A motor (1200W nominal) and new AY+ board, failure 1.

Then, I was trying to go full new AY+ motor with another new AY+ board (if I'm remembering correctly), and that failed as well.

The failures were that the wheel would either shake; or have this weird, non-level balance; or do weird tiltbacks. At the end, in some form, it did kind of ride, but not to the point I trusted it. I think it might have to do with hall sensors, but not sure.

Either way, the AY+ motor and one of the AY+ boards are brand new, but I got so tired of trying over and over, and basically gave up when I procured a proper KS-18S.

Might have needed to upgrade the battery line. KS stated that this minor change was necessary when I discussed upgrading to the S with them on my AY. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scatcat said:

That means I have a battery problem, probably the BMS in combo with a bad cell. The bloody thing turned off when I was going close to 20mph/30kph. And it cracked the shell where the trolley was screwed in.

There is no Santa Claus 😢

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

There is no Santa Claus 😢

Santa Claws is probably real though ;) 

I think the main reason I call it fucked up royally, is because the batteries is the most expensive part of the EUC, so the choice is spending $4-500 on a bloody set of battery packs for a EUC that I've played "ride the moguls" with for a year and a half and that clearly shows it. If I decided to fix it, I really should fix a new shrink tube for the motor, new pedal arms, new pedal rubber, new screws and a new shell when I'm at it. Suddenly the only stuff left would be the motor, control-board and wiring... And that for a price that would be close to just buying a new one.

Nah, I'll strip it and sell it for parts if someone's interested. But if I'm going to invest anyway, I'll invest in the current generation rather than the 2017 one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Santa Claws is probably real though ;) 

I think the main reason I call it fucked up royally, is because the batteries is the most expensive part of the EUC, so the choice is spending $4-500 on a bloody set of battery packs for a EUC that I've played "ride the moguls" with for a year and a half and that clearly shows it. If I decided to fix it, I really should fix a new shrink tube for the motor, new pedal arms, new pedal rubber, new screws and a new shell when I'm at it. Suddenly the only stuff left would be the motor, control-board and wiring... And that for a price that would be close to just buying a new one.

Nah, I'll strip it and sell it for parts if someone's interested. But if I'm going to invest anyway, I'll invest in the current generation rather than the 2017 one.

To me that soounds like a smart move or let me put in another way:THE smartest move. 

• 2 months later...

GT16S 1600/2072wh with a longer shell that accommodates more battery. 

They should be releasing details end of this month. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/137300526890741?view=permalink&id=312554436032015

For the GT18, I heard a rumour: the stakeholders didn't put the money for its development yet. So it may happen or not, but not anytime soon. 

2072wh...

That's a huge battery for a 16inch EUC, first time ever done. Now if you want over 1600wh the only option is a 22inch wheel (monster), which due to it's wheel size may even have less range (I heard 100km on the 2400wh model, which seems to be the same as people with the KS18XL 1600wh are getting). 

It will be interesting to see a real life range test, maybe 130km?

is it just me, or does it appear that you would smash the hell out of the shell going over a speed bump or up a curb?? my ninebot would scrape the shell going up curbs all the time.. this looks even worse

Edited by Rywokast

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:22 AM, Rywokast said:

is it just me, or does it appear that you would smash the hell out of the shell going over a speed bump or up a curb?? my ninebot would scrape the shell going up curbs all the time.. this looks even worse

I think you're right, it seems like going down a curb at slow speed would hit the shell, not sure though. 

It may be a trade of for the extra battery capacity... 

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, Jean Dublin said:

What happemed to this wheel?

16" tyre on a range wheel, that is also fast = wet dream :)

Edited by Boogieman

Email from Iron Korea:

Good morning. This is Iron Korea Kim Young-il.

We decided to release the 92.4V IRON100 in April.

However, due to the volatility of the world market caused by Covid-19, the project was revised.

We will start a new project by investing more in overseas products that we have decided to release.

I will collect your opinions as much as possible.

Currently, 84V 3000W products have been completed in accordance with domestic (Korea) laws.

This is the last video we tested.

It will be sold in Korea as a limited edition.

It is a pity that the overseas release has been delayed, but we are continuing.

I will approach you with better products.

Covid-19 Please be careful.

Thank you for your interest.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

Email from Iron Korea:

1) We decided to release the 92.4V IRON100 in April.However, due to the volatility of the world market caused by Covid-19, the project was revised.

2) We will start a new project by investing more in overseas products that we have decided to release.I will collect your opinions as much as possible.

3) Currently, 84V 3000W products have been completed in accordance with domestic (Korea) laws.It will be sold in Korea as a limited edition.

1) 92.4 V = No show (the quick torquey? one in video i presume)

2) In a year, two?

3) Iron LV2? (The slower one on video?). Korea only.

4) Seing the acceleration in the video, with a light driver i guess (two displays...hmmm) kinda took the interest out of it for me. I guess a 16" alike of the 19" :-( Gotway MSS or MSP is out of the question this year :-/

Edited by Boogieman

Korea = Samsung top cells are a given.

Graphene batteries would make my heart melt

100V or maybe even 126V like the upcoming Nikola?

To speed 75-80 km/h

Angled pedals with adjustable angle

Built in front (white), rear (red) light and left/right direction light (orange).

Built in EU approved reflexes. Red rear, white front, orange on rim spokes (or side of wheel)

LOOOUUUUD BEEPER for safety (+ one for horn... Adjustable sound level?)

Bushings for pedals and pedal holder (plastic is fine if right material is chosen) making it basically maintenance free in that area.

NICE CABLE MANAGEMENT!!! WITH safety in mind.

Good quality BMS

Good quality charger with quick charge and full charge option selectable on switches (with read out display on battery condition, charge state and so on)

Smart tilt back (battery charge level dependent)

Helicoil inserts everywhere there is a screw and SOLID construction (no plastics breaking on crash), maybe some rubber suspended solution for covers to allow more of an impact

IP 65 :-) to resist rain

Anything else?

Oh, maybe choice of colour (like contrast colour). 

Speaker, only if it won't get destroyed in a crash, i can live without it EASY (why play music for the wind when there are head phones? ;)