Jean Dublin

New GT16 S/IRON - 1600WH-2064WH , expected release March 2019.

36 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Why was your conversion project unsuccessful?

I'm not totally sure.

First, I was trying to frankenstein it by using my KS-18A motor (1200W nominal) and new AY+ board, failure 1.

Then, I was trying to go full new AY+ motor with another new AY+ board (if I'm remembering correctly), and that failed as well.

The failures were that the wheel would either shake; or have this weird, non-level balance; or do weird tiltbacks. At the end, in some form, it did kind of ride, but not to the point I trusted it. I think it might have to do with hall sensors, but not sure.

Either way, the AY+ motor and one of the AY+ boards are brand new, but I got so tired of trying over and over, and basically gave up when I procured a proper KS-18S.

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Ugh, had to delete some 3 years worth of EUC messages *smh

Try to hit me again plz :lol:

No go. Forum still has you on punishment :D

Just now, Lutalo said:

Crap.

Let me try you then.

4 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Sent.

54 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I'm not totally sure.

First, I was trying to frankenstein it by using my KS-18A motor (1200W nominal) and new AY+ board, failure 1.

Then, I was trying to go full new AY+ motor with another new AY+ board (if I'm remembering correctly), and that failed as well.

The failures were that the wheel would either shake; or have this weird, non-level balance; or do weird tiltbacks. At the end, in some form, it did kind of ride, but not to the point I trusted it. I think it might have to do with hall sensors, but not sure.

Either way, the AY+ motor and one of the AY+ boards are brand new, but I got so tired of trying over and over, and basically gave up when I procured a proper KS-18S.

Might have needed to upgrade the battery line. KS stated that this minor change was necessary when I discussed upgrading to the S with them on my AY. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

So it seems like this man in Korea received a unit back in November! (same YouTube channel as @s.m. shared, it seems to be Rockwheel Korea's channel)

EUC Fu 👊:ph34r:🤚

7 hours ago, Scatcat said:

That means I have a battery problem, probably the BMS in combo with a bad cell. The bloody thing turned off when I was going close to 20mph/30kph. And it cracked the shell where the trolley was screwed in.

There is no Santa Claus 😢

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

There is no Santa Claus 😢

Santa Claws is probably real though ;) 

I think the main reason I call it fucked up royally, is because the batteries is the most expensive part of the EUC, so the choice is spending $4-500 on a bloody set of battery packs for a EUC that I've played "ride the moguls" with for a year and a half and that clearly shows it. If I decided to fix it, I really should fix a new shrink tube for the motor, new pedal arms, new pedal rubber, new screws and a new shell when I'm at it. Suddenly the only stuff left would be the motor, control-board and wiring... And that for a price that would be close to just buying a new one.

Nah, I'll strip it and sell it for parts if someone's interested. But if I'm going to invest anyway, I'll invest in the current generation rather than the 2017 one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Santa Claws is probably real though ;) 

I think the main reason I call it fucked up royally, is because the batteries is the most expensive part of the EUC, so the choice is spending $4-500 on a bloody set of battery packs for a EUC that I've played "ride the moguls" with for a year and a half and that clearly shows it. If I decided to fix it, I really should fix a new shrink tube for the motor, new pedal arms, new pedal rubber, new screws and a new shell when I'm at it. Suddenly the only stuff left would be the motor, control-board and wiring... And that for a price that would be close to just buying a new one.

Nah, I'll strip it and sell it for parts if someone's interested. But if I'm going to invest anyway, I'll invest in the current generation rather than the 2017 one.

To me that soounds like a smart move or let me put in another way:THE smartest move. 

One of the ugliest cases I've ever seen... it's just the old GT16 case but half-cutted and extended :roflmao:(cheaper mould)