New GT16 S/IRON - 1600WH-2064WH , expected release March 2019.

I received this video from Yi Chen's wife.

She told me it's releasing in March and the difference is that it's 1600wh (up to 2064wh)

Update April 2019:

They should be releasing details end of this month. 

For the GT18, I heard a rumour: the stakeholders didn't put the money for its development yet. So it may happen or not, but not anytime soon. 

Update 28 May 2019:

Working on model design improvements (after Korean Market tested the first batch). 

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, s.m. said:

It will have up to 2064Wh

:w00t2::dribble:

14 minutes ago, s.m. said:

but it's quite ugly

Mildly put:barf:

But hey, compact 16'' wheel with 2000Wh and TO-247 mosfets, what am I complaining about?!

--

I hope this Rockwheel announcement is more reliable than their other announcements. Good to see RW doing something. Ideally it ends up being a real product;) (still wondering why that beautiful GT18 concept never went anywhere).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ideally it ends up being a real product;) (still wondering why that beautiful GT18 concept never went anywhere).

Yeah! I liked the way that thing looked. It was cool. Too bad it was all smoke and no Flame. 

• Like 1

As far as a know they will still be doing an 18 inch, it just seems like this one was a model they could release faster, in the meanwhile.

In December I was told they were working on the shell design, to make sure it was easy to disassemble. They expected to announce the design concept in March 2019.

I've been told production for the Rockwheel GT16 S/Iron already started, releasing in three months, so I'd be surprised if it didn't go ahead.

Maybe the work on this one delayed the advancement on the GT18.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 2

So it seems like this man in Korea received a unit back in November! (same YouTube channel as @s.m. shared, it seems to be Rockwheel Korea's channel)

17 September they announced the new model was coming, with 2072Wh

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

houseofjob has not had a good experience with the last RW, it's amazing these guys are still coming out with new designs, keeping GW on their toes.

I don’t believe GW has much worry but I’m certain once they get their hands on an S-Iron an autopsy will be performed immediately. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, s.m. said:

either the wheel diameter is too small or the shell is too big. Driving down a stair will be possible on high speed, only... 

Yip, that would be my main critic, also.

having the trolley attached at the back would kick the trolley on each step you drive down.

Also it really seams to be „only“ a battery upgrade....Still having a thin 16 inch tire, just in a big box now...

For the development of new wheels by Rockwheel:

I always say that most people think wrong about the EUC producers from china, KS and GW especially.

They are still very small businesses! But when i call KS and GW „small“ ...i dont know how to call RW :-)

I guess if anyone would see their „production hall“, there would be a better understanding.

Knowing that it is great that they allready come out with a new version! Wouldnt exspect that so soon....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, US69 said:

They are still very small businesses! But when i call KS and GW „small“ ...i dont know how to call RW :-)

I always wondered what keeps Rockwheel (and IPS while we're at it) afloat. They seem to be doing a lot of development work, how many different Rockwheel concepts and experiments have we seen already, but barely any real products. Only GT16 sales? Surprised they weren't focusing on at least one production wheel at each time.

30 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

My GT16v1 literally went up in smoke (no flame) :crying: 

In the end, my GT16v1 had a broken axle, burnt charge port wire, and burnt control board wires that fused together and shorted. The smoke came from after the wheel went dead when I was detaching the battery XT60 connector.

Wow!:crying: is right. It's been my strategy from the beginning to steer clear of non-major wheel makers; substantial amount of money to risk spending it on a lemon. Even still,  I have had my share of harrowing adventures net, one basic maintenance. I have a KS18AY that has been sitting in my closet for 6 months because it's basically a shell. Hall sensor failed and it needs a new motor, and board. The battery could use upgrading (630wh 😕👎) so I'll add that to the list ; so, a shell awaiting a brain and heart transplant. To its credit, it lasted a couple of years before it died. :D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's interesting that the news about this outlier Wheel came from Korea. Would you believe the 18L/XL is still not available there. In a call with Tina earlier in the week, she tells me Korea has a Wheel certification process that's far more stringent than the UL2272 & takes 4 months! Because of this certification, there's now a 4-6 month lag for general global product release for the rest of the world & Korea.  

@houseofjob has not had a good experience with the last RW, it's amazing these guys are still coming out with new designs, keeping GW on their toes.

Yeah, they're trying to compete for the worlds ugliest wheel...Gotway Nikola or Rockwheel Iron! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I have a KS18AY that has been sitting in my closet for 6 months because it's basically a shell. Hall sensor failed and it needs a new motor, and board.

Hmmm.... I actually have a brand new KS-18AY+ motor and some AY+ boards, all courtesy of one generous @Jason McNeil in my failed KS-18A to KS-18AY+ upgrade attempt.

I'd be willing to ship them to you for just the cost of shipping (or a simple hand-off, if you're ever in the NYC area), if you wanted to take another stab at fixing it :).

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

@Scatcat's GT16 is issues free now, but do you remember the major headaches he had in having to rebuild it, including tearing the motor open (which I admire)?

Yes, I remember his v1-to-v2 conversion, but his current signature says he's waiting for an MSX, and that his GT16v2 is "now f*cked up royally", whatever that means.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Hmmm.... I actually have a brand new KS-18AY+ motor and some AY+ boards, all courtesy of one generous @Jason McNeil in my failed KS-18A to KS-18AY+ upgrade attempt.

I'd be willing to ship them to you for just the cost of shipping (or a simple hand-off, if you're ever in the NYC area), if you wanted to take another stab at fixing it 

Uh. Hellllll yeah! I will happily pay for shipping. I will message you further. 

:D we think alike on this. Why was your conversion project unsuccessful? I was going to upgrade my two AYs to Ss. KS sent an invoice for the parts: board,  motor, and battery line; gave me a great price on the parts too. I was about to pull the trigger on it when news about the 18L started percolating. I bought an 18L and put the conversion project on hold. I was having so much fun on the L that the project faded to the background. Then news about XL started percolating........etc, etc I purchased an XL......blah, blah, blather..... Project still not done. :)

• Like 1