KingSong KS18L owners: Please vote here for a 18XL question!!!

US69

KingSong KS18L owners: Please vote here for a 18XL question!!!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested to upgrade your KS18L???

• I own a KS18L and i am interested in a KS18XL and want to buy a KS18XL!
    • I own a KS18L, and generally interested in the KS18XL, BUT i dont want to buy a complete new wheel just for 518wh more!
    • I own a KS18L and i am very interested in a option to upgrade it to XL 1554wh or even XXL 2036wh!
    • I own a KS18L and that's more than enough!!! Nothing else needed.....
    • I am from european continent....
    • I am from american continent or somewhere other than european...

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Unventor said:

On the serious note though, a wheel that is IP67 classed so you can hose it down or rinse it to wash off dust, dirt and salt would be nice. And of course official rated to be able to handle a rain shower. 

This!

Why should EUC's be any different in waterproof...ness compared to motorcycles?  I don't ride motorcycle but if I was out on one on a cloudy day and got hit by a sudden cloud burst/downpour, i'd be wet but I think most motorcycles would be just fine.  There are even electric motorcycles being made now but even then the combustion motorcycles especially fancier ones often have onboard computers/controllers, electronic displays, speakers and other such stuff that all manages to be rain proof.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

2036Wh XXL? Is that something officially being considered by KS?

I'd like one 😊

On 1/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

2036Wh XXL? Is that something officially being considered by KS?

I'd like one 😊

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'd like one 😊

I'd like one 😊

You are getting greedy now 😂

@Lutalo you seem to be be in a great position to answer this. Comparing the L vs XL you don't look too much at acceleration. Me too do not really care that much either. However deceleration or breaking is another matter. This is the most important factor when riding in traffic or urban areas. Simply because you need to at some point do emergency breading maybe combined with evading maneuvering. So how do they compare on breaking? 

Obviously the lighter should be better, but if you feel safer and more confident in the XL means you might be able to push a break harder combined in acting more stable too.

I so wish I were able to test this at a local dealer, unfortunately this is not the case.

So what do you think?

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Lutalo you seem to be be in a great position to answer this. Comparing the L vs XL you don't look too much at acceleration. Me too do not really care that much either. However deceleration or breaking is another matter. This is the most important factor when riding in traffic or urban areas. Simply because you need to at some point do emergency breading maybe combined with evading maneuvering. So how do they compare on breaking? 

Obviously the lighter should be better, but if you feel safer and more confident in the XL means you might be able to push a break harder combined in acting more stable too.

I so wish I were able to test this at a local dealer, unfortunately this is not the case.

So what do you think?

For me it's difficult to say. Quantitatively, I have no idea which one provides the shortest braking distance. I have not measured, nor have I seen any objective measurements of this performance metric. All else being equal, my assumption is the same as yours; the lighter wheel with the same components would stop sooner than the heavier wheel. Of course we both know that there are tons of variables that play into braking.

Qualitatively, I feel very little difference other than the XL feels more stable when braking hard, and 18L continues to feel more nimble in all situations.

I have felt when testing, and would subjectively give a slight braking advantage to the 18L if the rider needs to suddenly flick from a hard acceleration to a hard braking scenario simply because the 18L flicks more easily than the 18XL from one position to the next. 

The heft of the XL gives it a very stout/sturdy feel. It is a very capable wheel in all dimensions of performance; it has no discernible weaknesses; unless you want to ride through deep sand or mud. 

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Intelligent enough to know you have limits. Wise enough to try and respect them. Prudent enough to consider outcomes before and after a decision, or as you put it; be amazed at your own stupidity. Now, that's what I call evolution. :)👍

I think it's admirably optimistic to list up basic survival skills as evidence of intelligence:) What I call evolution, is adaptation to the environment, not a progression from stupidity to intelligence;) Not sure if we could compete with people from the stone age with their large brains, it took a lot more skill to survive then.

4 hours ago, Espen R said:

I think it's admirably optimistic to list up basic survival skills as evidence of intelligence:) What I call evolution, is adaptation to the environment, not a progression from stupidity to intelligence;) Not sure if we could compete with people from the stone age with their large brains, it took a lot more skill to survive then.

It's cool. You're referring to the biological evolution of species. Of course, you are correct the term evolution is most often used in conjuction with Darwin and natural selection. 

I simply meant to use the term "evolution" in a more relative and generic sense to describe a general "progression" from a lower state to a higher state that makes you more "fit" in your survival capabilities. "Learning" is evidence of intelligence. In your case, "learning" facilitates the "adaptation."

learning enables you to proactively assess situations you may encounter in your social environment to more consistently make decisions that yield beneficial outcomes for you. 

I hope that I haven't offended Darwin/Darwinists anymore than the geneticists and technology that have his original theory on the brink of some serious revision. :D👍

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

It's cool. You're referring to the biological evolution of species. Of course, you are correct the term evolution is most often used in conjuction with Darwin and natural selection. 

I simply meant to use the term "evolution" in a more relative and generic sense to describe a general "progression" from a lower state to a higher state that makes you more "fit" in your survival capabilities. "Learning" is evidence of intelligence. In your case, "learning" facilitates the "adaptation."

learning enables you to proactively assess situations you may encounter in your social environment to more consistently make decisions that yield beneficial outcomes for you. 

I hope that I haven't offended Darwin/Darwinists anymore than the geneticists and technology that have his original theory on the brink of some serious revision. :D👍

I don't take you for a fool at all:) This is just a friendly banter, and I love to be a prick when someone uses the term; evolution when it's more correct to use the word; progress;) For me, learning is evidence of adaptation, which humans are quite good at, but not intelligence. If we were an intelligent creature, then we would naturally cooperate and not fight each other, we would establish our self on more than one planet and in more than one solar system, and we would be able to control the climate on the planets we live on. We might become an intelligent creature in the future, but we have a long way to go. For me it is liberating to define myself as an idiot. It makes me more humble and understanding towards others, I don't beat myself up when something I thought was a smart choice or a clever thought turns out to be quite the opposite, and it makes it much easier to learn, because I'm not afraid to fail. 

@Lutalo My other hesitation is that both of my new Kingsong wheels had controller issues. My 16S had a very bad problem but was relatively quickly fixed with a controller replacement by the vendor and Kingsong. My 18L had the lockup issues, which seems to have been fixed with FW update, but still has be wondering if it will have me faceplanting. Track record for new KS's not good with me.

9 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

@Lutalo My other hesitation is that both of my new Kingsong wheels had controller issues. My 16S had a very bad problem but was relatively quickly fixed with a controller replacement by the vendor and Kingsong. My 18L had the lockup issues, which seems to have been fixed with FW update, but still has be wondering if it will have me faceplanting. Track record for new KS's not good with me.

You must have a pretty tough skin to have survived the issues with those early release wheels. :D. I bought a 1st batch 18L myself complete with all the issues. However, three trolley handles, and one control board later I would let my grandma ride it. :)👍

37 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

You must have a pretty tough skin to have survived the issues with those early release wheels. :D. I bought a 1st batch 18L myself complete with all the issues. However, three trolley handles, and one control board later I would let my grandma ride it. :)👍

In other words she was mean to you.

Joke aside. I had lamp and 1st trolley looked at, but i still trust this wheel muchore thany V8 which is part reason why I am not repairing my V8. It needs inner and outer shell and power cutoff button replacement.

10 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

So it's pretty clear that most people with an 18L would consider upgrading the battery, but not buying a new 18XL. Most being in Europe.

Interesting.

I rather trade in, not upgrade 1 item. As mine is 1st batch. But  as most other things, it all comes down to cost.

Edit: 

1) By 1 item I mean just battery, as suppose to new lamps, new 3rd gen trolley, new occiliation frequency, and whatever silent updates done to electronic, firmware and quality control/check. 

2) Now I have had my KS18L for service, lamp fix as headlight died, and trolley update to 2nd gen version. 

13 hours ago, Unventor said:

I rather trade in, not upgrade 1 item. As mine is 1st batch. But  as most other things, it all comes down to cost.

I agree. The next poll may be "how much cost would you accept?" :P 

Archived