KS18XL range report...

Rama Douglas

53 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can certainly understand your frustration, but these are Chinese manufactured products designed by Chinese. We have a long EUC record of incompetence here, particularly with the apps. Really, don't expect anything to change, even if it costs $5k. You'll live a calmer life if you accept this reality and move on :D

Honestly, I rarely have the need to (never really) change anything but the pedal hardness, and even that is done rarely. What exactly are you changing all the time that requires you to use the KingSong app?

Just the lights mainly (lighting enthusiast here) and the speed apparently when it decides to revert to 20km/hr...

17 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Just the lights mainly (lighting enthusiast here) and the speed apparently when it decides to revert to 20km/hr...

Hopefully you'll get over the XL Honeymoon period relatively soon and settle on a preferred LED pattern and then leave well enough alone, and stay away from the KS app :)

That being said, I have connect to the XL a few times with the recent app (only to check the battery status) and that simple act has not made any changes. So maybe all you need to do whenever you change your lights is to always remember to reset the tilt-back speed.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel for you @Rama DouglasFor my commute I need to change the lighting pattern depending on the time and the mood. My ks16s requires me to use the app to do so, while the msx allows me to change those settings with the power button. I wish on this particular feature these manufacturers copied one another

Archived