Factory loaded firmware - KS-18XL

Major Bathos

10 minutes ago, Uno Solo said:

Only about 2 miles, slow, especially the last mile. I didn't have to trolley it though. It took me the last mile.

That's rather precipitous, like the Z10. The Z10 will rapidly go from 15% to 5%.  Gotway is more linear; even at 15% I can slowly cover at least another 5-miles.

When I did 60-miles on the XL and had ~20% left, I assumed I could still squeeze 10 more miles out of it. That may not be the case.

I guess I really do need to do a full 100-percent to ~5-percent ride

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When I did 60-miles on the XL and had ~20% left, I assumed I could still squeeze 10 more miles out of it. That may not be the case.

I guess I really do need to do a full 100-percent to ~5-percent ride

@Marty Backe I just read a comment of WheelLog developer - @palachzzz - on the Russian forum, where he claims that you should trust WheelLog's battery level % rather than native KingSong's app. He calibrated it based on a real wheel data, which was discharged from 100% to zero-level, i.e. when it dropped dead :) So be careful with your expectations in your future 70-mile test, and have a plan B :)

On 1/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, trya said:

@Marty Backe I just read a comment of WheelLog developer - @palachzzz - on the Russian forum, where he claims that you should trust WheelLog's battery level % rather than native KingSong's app. He calibrated it based on a real wheel data, which was discharged from 100% to zero-level, i.e. when it dropped dead :) So be careful with your expectations in your future 70-mile test, and have a plan B :)

When I did my long range test, using WheelLog, it seemed stuck at the ~5% level even though the KingSong app was reporting ~20%.

I can believe that WheelLog will be accurate if it reports ~0-percent battery and the wheel indeed is not rideable. But WheelLog isn't very useful to me if it's not linear in its reporting of the battery level. If the battery level is below 10-percent I expect to be hearing the KingSong wheel beep at me. With WheelLog this is not happening.

This reminds me when he said Gotway wasn't reporting accurate battery levels too and therefore he changed WheelLog to be 'accurate', but then it no longer matched what the Gotway hardware was doing.

I'd rather have an app that was consistent with the wheel hardware rather than an app that is accurate to some absolute scale.

From my experience with Gotway and KingSong, their apps show a linear battery discharge from full to empty. WheelLog is not linear with the XL. Below 10-percent it doesn't change much.

I will do a full-to-empty range test and I'll monitor both apps to see which one better reflects reality.  The last 20-percent will occur near my house so I won't have too far to walk :)

Archived