Anoying beep sound

Vadim Andreyev

Hey there, have any of you managed to get rid of this continuous beep sound while riding?

it seems like my EU (TG-T3) beeps on a normal speed and almost all of my ride... and it is really anoying, so I checked this idea on youtube and saw a video showing how to cut it off, but it was shown on another model of EU and I wonder if somebody else here tried this thing and have any advices.. I just worry about opening it and making some unreversable damage.

Thanks.

Hi,

The beeping sound is there as a safety feature.

Have you had a chance to test your speed when it beeps - could you be going faster than you think, hence it making the noise when you think it shouldn't?
That happened to me in the early days - when I'd learned to ride properly, I found that I was often naturally riding faster which caused the beep.

Don't forget, opening the wheel & disconnecting the wire will void your waranty - if you feel the wheel is malfunctioning, maybe contact your manufacturer first?

Thanks for advice... but I am not worried about the waranty because sending the EU to the manufacturer and back will cost me half of the price of the wheel anyway...

and I havn't messured the speed when its beeping but it feels like an avarage speed not too high.. and it is really anoying riding with this beeping microwave sound all the way so Im sure I want to get rid of it but I want to make sure it is not too complicated.

• 8 months later...
On 25 февраля 2015 г., 16:54:23, Vadim Andreyev said:

Hey there, have any of you managed to get rid of this continuous beep sound while riding?

it seems like my EU (TG-T3) beeps on a normal speed and almost all of my ride... and it is really anoying, so I checked this idea on youtube and saw a video showing how to cut it off, but it was shown on another model of EU and I wonder if somebody else here tried this thing and have any advices.. I just worry about opening it and making some unreversable damage.

Thanks.

Я открыл колесо и замотал бипер изолентой чтобы он потише пищал. Или можно вообще отсоединить его. Но у меня кингсонг, насчет TG  не знаю

Beware of faceplant if you disable the beep.  It's there for your safety.  My generic beeps at 11 KPH which I think is actually quite slow now that I know how to ride.  Before when I was learning I thought that sort of speed was way too fast.  I think my wheel is rated at a maximum of about 18 KPH so there's a bit of a safety margin built in.  I've had it up to 14 KPH which resulted in beep beep beep so naturally I slow down.  There is also a pedal tilt back which should clue you into not pushing things beyond their limit at around 14 KPH for me.  I think having 4 KPH of breathing room before maximum speed and critical failure (faceplant) is a good cushion when taking in reaction times, angle of climb, etc.

You might look at getting one of the faster wheels like a Ninebot, KingSong or Gotway if you have a need for speed.  They likely are safer to push into the higher speed range.

Archived