Inmotion V8

Gwen_vere

Hi,

I'm looking to buying my first wheel. It seems the V8 has everything I'm looking for, but I can't find a seller. 

It used to be on gearbest, but it seems to be sold out. Do you guys think it will return any time soon?

If not, any recommendations for alternative retailers? I've looked at Aliexpress but the price seems a bit steep in comparison, price is a factor for me.

Also, do you think the V5F would be a good alternative? It's only 400 with coupons so that seems like a good deal, but I'm worried the speed limit might be a little low.

Thanks!

I have had a V8 since May and it's brilliant, I rarely ride fast and usually just plod along at about 15kph (I'm never in a rush) but the extra speed & power is nice to have, I would go with the V8 because of that. I bought mine from electricunicycles.eu based in Poland, wheel came pretty quick - you get 2 years warranty (but they're a little slow to respond sometimes), I think my next purchase will be from speedyfeet.co.uk (they have a phone number too - which they promptly answer when you ring it - staff are really helpful even though my wheel was not from them) hope this helps. 

10 hours ago, Gwen_vere said:

Hi,

I'm looking to buying my first wheel. It seems the V8 has everything I'm looking for, but I can't find a seller. 

It used to be on gearbest, but it seems to be sold out. Do you guys think it will return any time soon?

If not, any recommendations for alternative retailers? I've looked at Aliexpress but the price seems a bit steep in comparison, price is a factor for me.

Also, do you think the V5F would be a good alternative? It's only 400 with coupons so that seems like a good deal, but I'm worried the speed limit might be a little low.

Thanks!

I strongly suggest to buy from a local dealer. Also Inmotion try to make grey import hard buy blocking China version in EU app location. 

Might have a look here, if I got your profile location right, Belgium? 

https://www.onewheel.be/en/inmotion-scv/83-inmotion-scv-v8-onewheel-16-inch-119900-inmotion-technologies-coltd-6920146956785.html

I too had same set idea to how I would use my first wheel, range and speed wise. 

It took only a few months to reevaluate that and upgrade to Kingsong KS18L. But I am glad to have my Inmotion V8 to take my learning crashes and scratches. 

19 hours ago, Unventor said:

I strongly suggest to buy from a local dealer. Also Inmotion try to make grey import hard buy blocking China version in EU app location. 

Might have a look here, if I got your profile location right, Belgium? 

https://www.onewheel.be/en/inmotion-scv/83-inmotion-scv-v8-onewheel-16-inch-119900-inmotion-technologies-coltd-6920146956785.html

I too had same set idea to how I would use my first wheel, range and speed wise. 

It took only a few months to reevaluate that and upgrade to Kingsong KS18L. But I am glad to have my Inmotion V8 to take my learning crashes and scratches. 

Where do you get the information that they blocked Chinese version? App works as it should on mine

3 hours ago, KevinvdV said:

Where do you get the information that they blocked Chinese version? App works as it should on mine

It was official announced by Inmotion. Back in q2 2018 if I recall right. 

It still do not change the fact, if you want easier service and more riders in your area or region you will need to help to build up a market for a local dealer. 

The saving you get by importing from a Chinese dealer is not worth it in the long run. Plus you have long shipping time too. 

Note: if you browse through the Inmotion threads you will find post about Chinese import listed as illegal hardware version if you try to use Inmotion app in EU. 

On 1/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, Unventor said:

InMotion changed their policy and started to sell themselves on Aliexpress and Gearbest directly to customers all over the world.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:43 PM, Gwen_vere said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi Gwen, Gearbest is not gonna sell V8 anymore for breaking the MSRP principle. 

Repair Policy

https://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

You can check the repair policy from their website. It said only one year of repair warranty, which differs from 2 years of warranty for the EU local reseller. That's also why they are selling the products in a cheaper price.

Price is only one part of the factors we should concern but not the only one.

It seems there are two options. One is that better price with poor after-sale by shipping the products back to China. The other one is higher price with better after-sale experience.

So please make your own call. Thanks

Archived