EUC Backpack alternatives and DIY.

I have been looking for cheap backpacks that would be suitable for an EUC, cheap meaning 20eur/25usd or less, the least the best.

Myself, I will use it for my Lhotz while riding the 18L. IPS' Backpack is too expensive. I've looked for 50cm wide 50cm tall backpacks, but the largest I've found on the wide side is 40cm, not enough, suitcases (some with backpack straps) are 40cm wide, 50cm tall.

A huge handbag that I bought at the Brussels Sunday market almost fits it, if it was just a big bigger and with backpack straps, it would work. It was 10 Eur.

O0Fbshir.jpg

AliExpress has backpacks for 14inch and 16inch unicycles, but they are about 35eur/40usd. I realised they are very similar to Baby Carriers, so I gave it a chance.

I've bought one for 5eur from my local classified ads, it's too small, maybe other carriers are bigger, I don't know, but I managed to make it work with a bad/fast DIY.

I used strong tape, two buckles and a tie/rope to get it to work. I don't know if it's strong enough though, so I've to stress test it before using it for real.

Making the bottom two buckles also longer with tape or rope may be a good idea for a better fit, as they are small too there.

If you have any other ideas ease share! Thanks.

vTqdXP2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

TLjgdffr.jpg

-597243110278877817.jpg

I've improved it a bit, with rope, but still, it's not comfortable enough, even if I tried to adjust the shoulder straps to keep it close to the back, it still pulls too much from the shoulders.

liEVwex.jpg

JvxZ5AA.jpg

a60pHE2.jpg

zUnvhyw.jpg

EoLulL1.jpg

• Like 1

I've also thought of drum backpacks, one of them for 17eur is the right depth, but just a bit short on the diameter, being 45cm instead of 50cm.

Maybe it would fit, but the backpack straps don't look very sturdy, also as it's for a drink it may not be ready the weight.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/byek2FsM

On 1/7/2019 at 2:25 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey @Jean Dublin - why do you take you IPS 191 with you when you ride your KS-18L?

Is it a spare in case you get a flat tyre, or is it for something else?

I want to teach people how to ride electric unicycles, I've modified the IPS and have accessories to learn easier and without leg pain.

So I'd need to bring it to the meeting place for the training.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:11 AM, Jean Dublin said:

I've modified the IPS and have accessories to learn easier and without leg pain.

Now that is interesting to me... Is there a thread somewhere about the modifications and accessories?

The Amazon Basics hiking backpack, the one with the internal aluminum frame, can hold the Kingsong 16 incher with some minor modifications. It's probably the most comfortable backpack for EUCs due to its various straps and framing.

It's usually around $50-60 but I got two of them on sale for $25 each.

• Like 1

@The Fat Unicyclist

Not really, but it's quite simple:
What I did was cut a yoga mat and use double sided tape for the covering of the wheel.
Then for avoiding leg pain I used any kind of foam/sponge to also attach with double side tape (the blue ones are knee pads, soft ones, the white ones are soft shower sponges).
I also created a DIY copy of the "Solowheel Brush", the failed KickStarter Campaign, putting some 4x14in paint brushes together and using elastics to put them under the pedals or remove them.

image.png

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:02 AM, Jean Dublin said:

@Jean Dublin

"I also created a DIY copy of the "Solowheel Brush", the failed KickStarter Campaign, putting some 4x14in paint brushes together and using elastics to put them under the pedals or remove them."

Question: I am going to become a new rider, did you continue to use your "solowheel brush" from the post above to help other riders learn? If yes, how much does it help them? Thanks for your answer.

52 minutes ago, DaveN said:

I did it to teach others, I didn't learn with them, it helped a bit, but nothing major I think. Using lower than normal tire pressure may have a similar effect

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Take a piece of luggage the size of your EUC. 

Cut a hole in the bottom for the wheel and on top for the trolley handle.

Walk as if you have a piece of luggage.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:33 PM, svenomous said:

This may be a recipe for comedy or disaster, but could one just trolley the secondary wheel alongside while riding the primary wheel?

You can do that very easily, even with two wheels (three total). It does looks absurdly difficult. You will harmlessly bang pedals a few times which scared the piss out of me.