How to prevent the KS14S from going crazy whenever you lift it up?

Lionel Yu

I guess this is a feature, but every time I lift it up a few stairs it goes crazy and starts yelling "please decelerate". Is this normal behavior? Is it not possible to just have it not move when lifted (or at least, not yell any warnings?)

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Lionel Yu said:

I guess this is a feature, but every time I lift it up a few stairs it goes crazy and starts yelling "please decelerate". Is this normal behavior? Is it not possible to just have it not move when lifted (or at least, not yell any warnings?)

Thanks!

Only a few wheels offer a motor cutoff switch for the scenario that you describe. The KS14S is not one of them.

With practice you can actually lift a wheel and hand balance it so that the wheel doesn't spin, but that's too much effort for me to bother with. Just turn the wheel off when carrying it up stairs.

15 hours ago, EUniCycles.eu said:

Fortunately, when you grab the handle, the power button is just at your forefinger :)

Yes.  Especially if you pick it up with your left hand.  The power button can be pressed with your thumb as you are wrapping your fingers around the grip.  However, if you want to practice what Marty said, practice picking it up (grip centered on the handle) and try tipping it slightly forward and backward ever so slightly.  This keeps the gyro adjusting around the zero speed position.  You can keep the wheel speed so low that its easy to put down again, but, tbh turning it off is easier in the long run; especially if you have a full flight of steps ahead of you and not just one or two.

Archived