Jump to content
Mimetic Polyalloy

Looking for advice on 1st big $ Aliexpress order - 60 days running out

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

1st things 1st: Not beeing a member very long this forum had helped me in a huge way at all when joining this weird EUC world. Thanks to the friendly and responsive community again.

But now I would like to ask once more for your estimation and advice:

After taking my first steps on a cheap NB1E+ I decided for an upgrade later this last year. I ended up with an order for a NB Z10 from "Intelligent Walking Store" on Aliexpress. They claimed to finish delivery after 10-15 days when recieving payment by shipment via UPS Express Saver. I knew this was to good to be true but reputation of this seller seemed to be OK by given reviews.

Placing the order on November 1st I recieved a (fake or preliminary?) UPS tracking number on November 5th from a unknown company in my country. Following this tracking number says "label created" since 2 months on UPS website . On November 8th shipment was confirmed on the Ali store site. Since then happened - really nothing. On the other hand the seller seems very reactive when I contacted him several times but allways recommends me to be patient because delivery is in front of me after customs clearance. Now the Ali purchase protection seems to expire after 60 days. The seller itself extended the deadline towards January 16th. For sure the Xmas/celebration days days could have caused some more delay so I am not worried at all.

Ether my questions are:

  • Is this normal Ali or China store behaviour not to be worried at all?
  • Are there some tar pits to be avoided? Deadlines for purchase protection for example?
  • From my point of view no action is required until the extended delivery date 01-16-19. Or am I wrong?
  • What makes me wonder too: The store sold a big bunch of Z10 that time. Maybe there are some other customers in here? Would be glad for your feedback of course.

Thank you all in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might take 15 days, it might take more than 90 days. And that's from the same company.

I believe AliExpress sellers send their goods to a cargo container that eventually ships when it fills up. Therefore, your experience might be pretty normal compared to mine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for feedback. Maybe anybody else here who bought Z10 from "Intelligent Walking Store" recently? I would appreciate your experience a lot. Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stores reviews look ok but they do say you will receive it before you see any movement on tracking info on some comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 12:31 AM, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Hey guys,

1st things 1st: Not beeing a member very long this forum had helped me in a huge way at all when joining this weird EUC world. Thanks to the friendly and responsive community again.

But now I would like to ask once more for your estimation and advice:

After taking my first steps on a cheap NB1E+ I decided for an upgrade later this last year. I ended up with an order for a NB Z10 from "Intelligent Walking Store" on Aliexpress. They claimed to finish delivery after 10-15 days when recieving payment by shipment via UPS Express Saver. I knew this was to good to be true but reputation of this seller seemed to be OK by given reviews.

Placing the order on November 1st I recieved a (fake or preliminary?) UPS tracking number on November 5th from a unknown company in my country. Following this tracking number says "label created" since 2 months on UPS website . On November 8th shipment was confirmed on the Ali store site. Since then happened - really nothing. On the other hand the seller seems very reactive when I contacted him several times but allways recommends me to be patient because delivery is in front of me after customs clearance. Now the Ali purchase protection seems to expire after 60 days. The seller itself extended the deadline towards January 16th. For sure the Xmas/celebration days days could have caused some more delay so I am not worried at all.

Ether my questions are:

  • Is this normal Ali or China store behaviour not to be worried at all?
  • Are there some tar pits to be avoided? Deadlines for purchase protection for example?
  • From my point of view no action is required until the extended delivery date 01-16-19. Or am I wrong?
  • What makes me wonder too: The store sold a big bunch of Z10 that time. Maybe there are some other customers in here? Would be glad for your feedback of course.

Thank you all in advance!

Let us when you get the wheel or what the seller says or anything else 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I will keep you informed how this story ends. The seller also told me that tracking would only be active after customs clearance in destination country.

For now I think there is not really much I can do but waiting until extended delivery deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

OK I will keep you informed how this story ends. The seller also told me that tracking would only be active after customs clearance in destination country.

For now I think there is not really much I can do but waiting until extended delivery deadline.

There was a long post or maybe a linked video, I can't recall exactly, about how cheap shipments from China work.  Long story short version, it's most likely sealed in a container on a train somewhere in China or Russia and will get there eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news first: Received my Z10 finally 9 weeks after purchase from Ali seller. For sure Xmas celebration days had caused further delay. But now for the bad news: The wheel wouldn´t power up any way because battery pack seemed to be in deep sleep mode for some reason.

With a lot of tricks described here in Ninebot section I managed it to wake up today. Now I have charged 60% and I am slightly optimistic that this will do the job. Phew....:cry2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

The good news first: Received my Z10 finally 9 weeks after purchase from Ali seller. For sure Xmas celebration days had caused further delay. But now for the bad news: The wheel wouldn´t power up any way because battery pack seemed to be in deep sleep mode for some reason.

With a lot of tricks described here in Ninebot section I managed it to wake up today. Now I have charged 60% and I am slightly optimistic that this will do the job. Phew....:cry2:

And which trick did you do to bring it out of deep sleep , charge it up full and just take it steady and recharge again ,😊

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

The good news first: Received my Z10 finally 9 weeks after purchase from Ali seller. For sure Xmas celebration days had caused further delay. But now for the bad news: The wheel wouldn´t power up any way because battery pack seemed to be in deep sleep mode for some reason.

With a lot of tricks described here in Ninebot section I managed it to wake up today. Now I have charged 60% and I am slightly optimistic that this will do the job. Phew....:cry2:

The battery being in deep sleep is good because it lessens the chance of the wheel accidently turning itself on and spinning. Several times now I've had a wheel get started in the back of my car and, once, in my shopping cart. Big black marks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deep sleep is really Ninebot related.

I just received a MSX ordered on the 11.11. It took as long as your Z10 to arrive as well as many many wheels ordered at the same period in Europe.

It took only 3 hours to get a full charge on my MSX that had been travelling for more than 2 months ......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LanghamP said:

The battery being in deep sleep is good because it lessens the chance of the wheel accidently turning itself on and spinning. Several times now I've had a wheel get started in the back of my car and, once, in my shopping cart. Big black marks...

No chance my new wheel would have done so :innocent1:. It was totally bricked but I don´t think it was wisedom from manufacturer but either unexpected discharge for some reason I can´t tell.

18 hours ago, stephen said:

And which trick did you do to bring it out of deep sleep , charge it up full and just take it steady and recharge again ,😊

My approach after reading similar cases was to disconnect battery pack on both XT60 connectors and apply external charger. I made a DIY cable solution (Not beautiful but working) to charge both packs in parallel mode and applied 58.8V 5A fast charger. Monitoring was given by charge doctor in between.

Starting from approx. 35V I reached mid 40-50V range very fast. From there it took about 400 Wh towards 52V system voltage. Then I reassembled all and was ready to start normally. I hope this will persist...

Edited by Mimetic Polyalloy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

I made a DIY cable solution (Not beautiful but working) to charge both packs in parallel mode and applied 58.8V 5A fast charger

Have you got a pic . Only asking in case mine is deep sleep when it arrives 😐🤔😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, stephen said:

Have you got a pic . Only asking in case mine is deep sleep when it arrives 😐🤔😊

Yes of course. But it´s really ugly tech. Please see below.

I recommend to have a a pair of XT60 plugs (male type) available when needed. But the bigger problem to expect is the proprietary Ninebot plug on original charger. This piece of $#!t isn´t compatible to anything. To be prepared I decided to use the GX16-3 plug/socket pairing as universal interface for all my charger equipment because it is familiar with many other standards.

I cut off Ninebot charger cable and soldered a GX16-3 socket for further use. I hope the picture will show how this works.

Apart from all that: You will be a lucky man when you get your Z10 powered up and running. Great wheel indeed!

20190110_233238b.jpg

Edited by Mimetic Polyalloy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 12:36 AM, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Yes of course. But it´s really ugly tech. Please see below.

I recommend to have a a pair of XT60 plugs (male type) available when needed. But the bigger problem to expect is the proprietary Ninebot plug on original charger. This piece of $#!t isn´t compatible to anything. To be prepared I decided to use the GX16-3 plug/socket pairing as universal interface for all my charger equipment because it is familiar with many other standards.

I cut off Ninebot charger cable and soldered a GX16-3 socket for further use. I hope the picture will show how this works.

Apart from all that: You will be a lucky man when you get your Z10 powered up and running. Great wheel indeed!

20190110_233238b.jpg

@Mimetic PolyalloyPolyalloy so your charging both batteries at the same time not share , did you keep the white connectors plugged in while doing this process and how long was it on charge before you plugged it in normally thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that´s right I charged them in parallel mode (how it is done in real operation too) to prevent different charging levels on both packs. Otherwise energy might transform from one pack to the other when reconnecting them which could cause unwanted effects maybe. The white connector (from BMS to mainboard I think) was plugged in during charging. I don´t think this matters at all because mainboard isn´t powered up at this time. I finished external chargement after 400 Wh approx. and was monitoring it on charge doctor connected inbetween. With my 5A external fast charger this took about 400Wh/(5A x 55V) = 1,45 h resp. 87 min. If you use original charger with 2A this value will change to 3,63 h resp. 218 min. Then I reassembled all and continued charging from original port. Maybe there are other ways to proceed but this was how it worked for me

Is your wheel also affected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Is your wheel also affected?

Haven't received it yet but just getting ready for the inevitable just in case 😊😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your wheel (just in case) isn't affected that bad from dischargement there is a smoother approach not requiring external XT60 access. It is described here:

But you already might know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the same boat (pun intended) with my purchase from  green and fashion travaling shop on AliExpress.  I went so far to contact one of the buyers in the USA about the sale.

Purchased on Jan 7 and received a notice from FedEx that the shipping information was sent to Inglewood California on Jan 15.  I'm hoping this means the freight forwarder has it in a crate bound for LAX.image.png.5c21939b77ec4e0063b81e14ffa679d2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Yes that´s right I charged them in parallel mode (how it is done in real operation too) to prevent different charging levels on both packs. Otherwise energy might transform from one pack to the other when reconnecting them which could cause unwanted effects maybe. The white connector (from BMS to mainboard I think) was plugged in during charging. I don´t think this matters at all because mainboard isn´t powered up at this time. I finished external chargement after 400 Wh approx. and was monitoring it on charge doctor connected inbetween. With my 5A external fast charger this took about 400Wh/(5A x 55V) = 1,45 h resp. 87 min. If you use original charger with 2A this value will change to 3,63 h resp. 218 min. Then I reassembled all and continued charging from original port. Maybe there are other ways to proceed but this was how it worked for me

Is your wheel also affected?

I've spent £7 on these 2 iems just in case i need it , 

1 xt60 2 male splitter and  1 male xt60 . This should be ok what do you think 

 

IMG_20190117_171241.jpg

IMG_20190117_171354.jpg

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what you need. What is missing is an interface to connect charger equipment. As said above the proprietary Ninebot plug isn´t available anywhere and you would need an even more impossible to get proprietary socket.

You are free to use any interface you want (even XT60 for example) but I recommend to use a more common type. I decided to go for GX16-3 socket/plug because it´s Kingsong standard. You can see how my charger equiment now looks like on photo below. On the left there is original charger, in the middle charge doctor monitoring and control device and on the right my 58,8V 5A fast charger block; all equipeded with GX16-3 plug. On top you can see proprietary NB plug with GX16-3 socket. So I can interchange all components fitting my actual requirement.

If you do similar you are prepared for every challenge...:rolleyes:

20190117_201608.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...