Wanted. EUC in Florida

I’m in Orlando on a holiday from Canada.  I do not know anyone with a wheel and have never even seen one in action.  But I’d like to buy a cheap one to see what it’s all about.

im 6 foot 5 and about 230 pounds.  Research seems to point at a KS14d being my best value, and I’m talking to someone on here already about his.  But he has taken a deposit, so I suspect it will sell to someone else.  I’m open to other wheels, but use this as an example model.

Does anyone here have a used wheel that would suit a beginner that they’d like to part with?  Budget is 2-300.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

I’m hoping to buy it to take back with me.  Obviously, I’ll need to wait for warmer weather.  But there are zero used ones for sale in Calgary, and lots are for sale here.  Some are clearly noname junk, but there’s another post here for a ks14d asking 300, so I’m hoping.  :)

i know im at the edge of it size wise, but it seems doable, at least to learn on.  Newbies seem to crash them frequently in the beginning, and I’m not young or especially agile, so I expect to continue that trend.

Thanks

Kev

I drove.  :)  (Electric Car. Electric seems to be my direction at the moment). I’ve thought this out, I just need to find something.  That’s harder than I was led to believe it would be.

so are the $100 swheel or whatever units on varagesale or craigslist good enough to start do you think?.

Oh cool then:)

As far as I know, these noname things are death traps. But I guess for learning (and learning only) for a week or so they might be ok. Or maybe not:P? Wear wrist guards:D

If you can, get a brand one. Maybe a Ninebot One, or Gotway/KingSong/Inmotion/Rockwheel that is cheap and available. Maybe go for your forever wheel right away, if you have more options in Florida. A 14D for 300 would be amazing. Good luck.

If theres a 14D 200-300 then it definitely has something wrong... At your size and that budget no option makes sense. Generics are around that but slow, low battery life, etc, and then you'll want to upgrade to a nicer wheel. Save your money, try to get a better cost:performance ratio

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Focus Designs SBU, an electric unicycle with a seat. I think having a seat makes the learning curve a bit less steep. I've taught adults to ride in two fifteen minute sessions.

I think it would handle the weight, although one would have to be careful at the edges of the performance and operating envelope. I was 185 when I rode it and 170 when I bought it. The extra 15 pounds cost me two miles range! At 230 pounds, you might have about eight miles range.

Unfortunately, I'm asking US$750 for it, out of the OPs posted budget.

I'm in Daytona, only an hour drive from Orlando.

Archived