Has Anyone Experienced a Random Cutoff from the KS-16s?

seage

7 hours ago, wehey said:

its the state of charge at the time that caused the problem. It's more a case of user error than wheel error.

Well aware that it`s user error. Just trying to learn how this wheel behaves.

6 hours ago, Chriull said:

You opened it with a texteditor? Normal opening with an office suite already includes import and reformating.

You`r right. Texteditor shows desimals, but harder to read and don`t understand how it changes things.

Low voltage tiltback is normally just at real low battery like <~5%?

Mine gives tiltback sooner after under 30% battery. I think its 30% --> 30km/h, 20% --> 20km/h and so on. Then maybe at 5% it`s like 10km/h. Don`t know for sure cos never went that far.

Fortunately this is not happening anymore - just the very first generations had such behaviour.

Good to know. Don`t know why it went offline. I am glad no problems after that insident and with better voltage.

7 hours ago, wehey said:

I rode my KS16S up some seriously steep hill all off-road and never had a problem.

It`s not about how steep hill is. It`s about how you attack it i think.

Edited by FunkyWheeling

44 minutes ago, FunkyWheeling said:

Good to know. Don`t know why it went offline.

44 minutes ago, FunkyWheeling said:

I am glad no problems after that insident and with better voltage.

Higher battery voltage "shifts" the limits up.

Btw - for this rhe decimals of the timestamps are direly needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chriull said:

Higher battery voltage "shifts" the limits up.

Btw - for this rhe decimals of the timestamps are direly needed.

Really nice work Chriull :thumbup:. Looking at your graphs i should have been in "safe side" with the values given by wheellog, but not sure did i read it right. I truly now love the head room what higher voltage gives and learned my lesson. S16 is becoming my little sportscar like Kia ceed GT. But wheel shines at traveling (size + range + weight + handlebar) and commuting. Started looking at more powerful wheels for offroad, witch will behave like SUV.  

2 hours ago, FunkyWheeling said:

Looking at your graphs i should have been in "safe side" with the values given by wheellog

Was my first impression, too - but not too much to be seen with this time intervalls. But no idea if really more can be seen with the full resolution.

Don't remember if this was already asked/discussed/written - your batteries charge up to the full voltage of about ~67.2V?

Bad/dead/"in the process of degrading battery" cells could greatly reduce the maximum limit. Or if one of the two batter packs is "offline" or not properly connected - but this should be noticed by getting miserable driving range!?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 11:32 AM, Chriull said:

Was my first impression, too - but not too much to be seen with this time intervalls. But no idea if really more can be seen with the full resolution.

Don't remember if this was already asked/discussed/written - your batteries charge up to the full voltage of about ~67.2V?

Bad/dead/"in the process of degrading battery" cells could greatly reduce the maximum limit. Or if one of the two batter packs is "offline" or not properly connected - but this should be noticed by getting miserable driving range!?

I checked battery and it`s fine and topping at 100%. I`v balanced packs regularly too. Can i use the same graph with 16s when it`s labeled to 16c? Yesterday i hitted 33km/h and current was 35A i felt that wheel stopped balancing but could ease off and it regained balance. Battery level 60%. After watching your diagram i think i went to the dark side briefly. Now i have set my current alarm to 25A. Don`t know is it too low i shall see.

6 hours ago, FunkyWheeling said:

I checked battery and it`s fine and topping at 100%.

Better to check the voltage - shown 100% charge is a very wide range.

Can i use the same graph with 16s when it`s labeled to 16c?

No - 16c and 16s have different limits.

And the Limit changes with battery voltage (charge %)

Yesterday i hitted 33km/h and current was 35A i felt that wheel stopped balancing but could ease off and it regained balance. Battery level 60%. After watching your diagram i think i went to the dark side briefly.

The "dark" side is not reachable - it's off limits. Your wheel just hase a higher limit...

• Like 1