EUC Companies at CES?

Jon Stern

I'm going to be at CES for a couple of days this year. I don't see any EUC companies on the exhibitor list (that's based on my searching for the names of the main companies).

Does anyone know if any of them are exhibiting, maybe under a Chinese name?

As much as I want the EUC trend to rapidly take off here in the states I just don't see the market for it just yet to justify going to CES, but I could be dead wrong. It seems like the very large percentage of the PEV craze here in the US is centered on the success of the electric scooter due to the rental of them all over and electric skateboards as well behind them. I didn't even know an EUC existed 8 months ago. They will get attention though. No doubt. The reaction you get when someone first sees one makes me think they will be a trend in the future.

Last CES, a bunch of us went in support of the eWheels booth.

Ninebot/Segway had the largest PEV spread, which made sense, given their XiaoMi parent company, but only the Mini Plus(?) was available to really try; the Z had yet to be launched and was only on display, with their reps lacking any real knowledge regarding any of the one wheeled products.

Someone can correct me here, but I believe a previous year King Song had a booth.

Judging by the 2018 escooter share boom, I imagine there will be somewhat of an escooter presence this year, not so much EUC.

Segway is the largest company to with an EUC to be at CES, but even then they don't really promote it but just focus on their own two wheeled products.

Kingsong was there 3 years ago but haven't gone since.

There have been other 3rd party re-branders that have promoted rebranded versions of Inmotion products like Jyro and Swagtron.

You can look at my past posts on EUCs at CES from the previous years.

Archived